[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/ How would I go about making pic related in C4D? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Thunder_River_Rapids_Ride.jpg (469KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Thunder_River_Rapids_Ride.jpg
469KB, 2048x1365px
Hey /3/

How would I go about making pic related in C4D?
I've made most of the model with a torus and a few booled cylinders, but I'm struggling with the rope around the seat edges.

I'm making the seats by booling two capped cylinders together, but it's creating a super sharp edges around the outside of the seats..

I don't have a photo because I'm on a different machine. I'll attatch a sketch in mspaint though of what the seat currently looks like.
>>
File: ffff.png (16KB, 1016x632px) Image search: [Google]
ffff.png
16KB, 1016x632px
>>
>>540225
I tried solving the blade like edge issue by just booling with a smaller cylander, but they're still too 'edge' like..
>>
Bump. Anyone?
>>
Last time I tried to make a rope in C4D I used a plugin called Reeper X or something like it. Look it up.
>>
>>540224
LOL, are you the guy on /pol/ that's trying to make the render of the Aussies getting sliced up by the water ride??
>>
>>540224
Are you good at modeling at all? I fucking suck at it, but it seems like you could just do an extract on some simple lines, then use hypernurbs to smooth it out. Then just make a cylinder to aline to spline, thats roughly the outline of the seats.

An easy way to get around actually having to model the rope would probably be to just use a texture that has a depth map with it or something.
>>
File: ride better0103.jpg (80KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
ride better0103.jpg
80KB, 720x405px
It was relatively easy to workaround.

I just made the booled cylinder smaller and extruded / beveled the edges off.

Once I export as webm I'll upload for you here.
>>
File: ride webm.webm (897KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
ride webm.webm
897KB, 720x404px
>>
>>540278
>>540277
Are you the guy from /pol/?

Lets see some gore plz
>>
>>540284
I'm not.

Can you link me to the thread?

Maybe I can help him.
>>
>>540277
How are those even seats?
There's nowhere to sit.
They just sit on the floor of the raft.
>>
>>540278
Every time I see what happened in 3d and visualize it all happening in real life, my chest tightens horribly.

Seriously what went down there is nothing short of a fucking nightmare turned real.

How's the model looking now?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.