[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3DS MAX - Need help with attaching tent / cloth roof to poles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Problem.jpg (2MB, 4540x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Problem.jpg
2MB, 4540x2200px
Hey all,

I'm facing a bit of a problem right now with a project.

In the image you can see that I'm trying to attach the cloth roof to the tent poles sticking from the sides of the tower. However, I haven't found the exact way to get what I want like I have in that Cinema 4D image.

I am trying to retain the flat surface of the cloth while doing so, so far I know that I can simply use it like a normal flagpole but that felt too rigid and did not exactly attach itself to the model and just hovered above where it was placed essentially. I used the Node settings for that try.

So i'll need help with this as soon as possible.

P.S. At work we mainly use Cinema 4D for modelling and I'm coming from that background but for our recent project in UE4, I need to use 3DSMAX for exporting APEX simulation data.*
>>
Title should say "simulating" my bad.
>>
>>538593
just youtewb it duud =V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ5BlTOjK7I

search "preserve group cloth vertex" You can choose the vertices to freeze while simulating so they will appear like theyre attached to flagpoles while the rest of the cloth is simulated downwards.
>>
mCloth + MassFX Rigid
Apply mCloth to cloth object and make poles static rigid bodies with MassFX.
Adjust mCloth parameters so that it either doesn't intersect with the barrel or pass through the pole objects.
Also, low poly objects don't really go well with the cloth physics. OpenSubDiv is your friend.
>>
>>538596

You see in that video as well, just like the 3rd image the vertices just hover and not -stick- to the model. I need the corners to stick to the model.
>>
>>538598

I'm going to try this,thank you
>>
>>538598

Do I add MassFX RB to the pole or the cloth object?
>>
Step 1: Switch to Maya
>>
>>538609

Thank you for contributing.
>>
>>538609
Step 2: Delete Maya
Maya can't do what OP asked.
>>
>>538605
Pole, and cloth mod to cloth object.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.