[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give me a tip why my baking fucks up at this poi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: bakingerror.jpg (764KB, 1916x1077px) Image search: [Google]
bakingerror.jpg
764KB, 1916x1077px
Can someone give me a tip why my baking fucks up at this point?

Here's both the low and high poly models:
https://www.mediafire.com/?4rxtx041cz89d3q
(The High poly has shitty edgeflow at the top and bottom, but those parts are not visible later on since they'll be covered by another model).

I've modeled and unwrapped in 3DS Max and packed the UVs with IPackThat in case that matters.
>>
Also I'd welcome tips on my unwrapping. I still feel like I can't unwrap for shit.
>>
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s5ee4jcc0cx8chb/stuff.zip

its probably the fucked up uvs, Im not the best uver around but I tried.
>>
>>536410

Thanks for that, gonna give it a try.

I thought it was better to keep things in separate pieces to reduce distortion, but I guess it's better to keep them in as few pieces as possible?
>>
>>536411
ye
>>
>>536399

>IPackThat

Did you buy or pirate that?

I used the demo and got great results so I bought it on Steam. The full version is fucking way different to the demo. It seems to take way longer and the packing percentage is way less. By the time I had done a few tests I had long passed my refund period. Fuck that program.
>>
>>536419

I pirated to try it out first. I'm also gonna try Headus sometime for unwrapping. But I need to learn good unwrapping first since even the best tools won't help much if you suck at it.
>>
>>536420
Skip headus. The algorythms are fine, but the UI is soo 90s (i am not exagerating).
Unfold 3D does a better job imho. Same functionality, but way supreme UI and workflow. I don't know much about Max UV tools, but Unfold is a part of Maya now, but i prefer the standalone tool, when i am not using Blender or Modo for unwrapping.
>>
>>536411
>I thought it was better to keep things in separate pieces to reduce distortion, but I guess it's better to keep them in as few pieces as possible?

If you split the uv's, you have to make sure they have the same smoothing groups on the low poly. (Unless it's a 90 degree or more bend). That's one way to fix it, the other way would be to stitch the uv's like im guessing >>536410 did.
>>
>>536399
>https://www.mediafire.com/?4rxtx041cz89d3q

It's defintely your uv's. As others pointed out, split your uv's by smoothing groups, and pack much better than what you currently have. Lot's of wasted space.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.