[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make really detailed sculpts in zbrush? Whenever I try

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: WIP2_zps9191c7c5.jpg (185KB, 1016x858px) Image search: [Google]
WIP2_zps9191c7c5.jpg
185KB, 1016x858px
How do I make really detailed sculpts in zbrush? Whenever I try to dynamesh with the resolution set that high, it takes like 15 minutes, and then lags the shit out of the program whenever I try to rotate my view. Is there something I'm missing? I have a pretty decent computer, so I figure it's not my rig that's the problem.
>>
>>536041
Try subdividing instead of doing everything with dynamesh.
>>
>>536041
Dynamesh and zremesh to get a cleaner topo, if you don't have a basemesh. Then subdivide and separate meshes as needed.
>>
first make sure you didnt accidentaly subdivide the dynamesh on the new SubD tab (not the old subdivide)

Dynamesh wont get you the best topology for high resolution, Use it to get the basic volumes, retopo either by hand or zremesh and THEN subdivide so you can go back an forth between subdivision levels
>>
>>536041
like others said, subdivide.
this is the average workflow using dynamesh.

primitive (sphere) dynameshed
work it until you get the basic forms down dynameshing when you need more resolution
(lets say you start with a sphere, that is your head, pull out neck, dynamesh, pull out torso , dynamesh, pull out arms and legs dynamesh)
once you have 70% of your mesh done then you can dynamesh once more and then start subdividing. also if you feel like you are loosing too much detail, make a clone of your mesh you want to dynamesh and then use the clone to project the details back
>>
>>536041

Not OP but I actually start getting performance issues once I remodel and subdivide.

For me dynamesh is working much faster. What am I doing wrong ?
>>
install more ram
>>
>>536111
Your underlying topo is pretty bad then, since dynamesh topology is equal everywhere (unless you fiddle with the seetings). Most likely some parts are getting way more subdivided than others, which inflatees your polycount.
>>
>>536041
thiqq
>>
File: 1473723301903.jpg (63KB, 565x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473723301903.jpg
63KB, 565x720px
>>536041
>>
File: Cgep8cEUIAEhV4e.jpg large.jpg (49KB, 827x519px) Image search: [Google]
Cgep8cEUIAEhV4e.jpg large.jpg
49KB, 827x519px
>>536260
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.