[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to learn how to paint my models but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: Lucario.full.1961504.jpg (310KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Lucario.full.1961504.jpg
310KB, 800x1000px
I'd like to learn how to paint my models but I don't know where to start.

I tried to follow some youtube tutorials about hand painting but uno I couldn't find enough material on the topic dos even though I can mimic their work I can't paint anything on my own. I don't own a tablet so far I've been painting using mouse. I use Blender and Krita

Any advice?
>>
>>532567
If you want to paint your own textures:
first, get a tablet. second, learn theory about light and how it interacts with materials, because that is how we percieve materials with our eyes. third, learn a bit about color theory, not much but the general idea about color affects us and how we percieve it. fourth, go on deviantart or pinterest or youtube and search for tutorials on how to paint certain material, how to paint hair, metal, stone etc. material studies for example.

https://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=material%20study%20tutorial&rs=typed&0=material|typed&1=study|typed&2=tutorial|typed

there are hundreds of those things. to goal is to relearn is how you percieve materials, and that each material interacts differently with light. from then on you simply search shit like "metal paint tutorial" etc, and learn from step for step paintings/drawings and do them yourself. there are also tutorials like "how to paint anime skin" etc, from those step for step tutorials you learn a lot about those materials. For example if your 3d object has skin, leather and metal, you want to learn how to paint those 3 materials.

once you have learned that, next thing is to learn the basics about 3d shaders, because shaders are basically faking the lighting interaction and does a lot of the job for you, often you only need to color 3d objects, and the shader creates the illusion of having lighting interacting with certain object, but you still need the material knowledge to set those settings and the shader right.

There are also websites like texture.com or programs like substance painter, which have a library of realistic materials and textures, which you can use to paint your 3d object with, but it is still advised to have the background knowledge about materials.

Also there are a shitload of websites for 3d artists exchanging information and give tips, like polycount.com and shit.
The rest is a lot of research and a lot of reading and learning, good luck.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.