[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its obviously a bad idea to rip a picture from google and use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: MtSHmDW.png (157KB, 516x440px) Image search: [Google]
MtSHmDW.png
157KB, 516x440px
Its obviously a bad idea to rip a picture from google and use that as a texture for a commercial product without knowing what the legality of the image being used, but I was wondering if its possible to manipulate an image enough that it doesn't matter what the copyright on the image is. Pretty much to the point that the image that was used is beyond recognition.

Anyway, besides my question, perhaps we should use this thread for other legal questions regarding /3/dcg.
>>
This may sound dumb, I'm basically taking an extreme example to discuss the legality of manipulating copyrighted images.

One way of using an image for texture is using the color picker and taking color from the image. In my point of view, taking colors from an image is, in one way, using / manipulating the image. Obviously, no one is going to successfully sue you for taking colors from their image, but I wonder what the justification is between picking colors off an image and using the image as a texture.
>>
>>531687
Oh I just realized that a more sensible and less extreme example of this would be using a clone brush and taking a very small portion of a picture, like cloning the hair on an animal and painting a 3d model with the clone brush.
>>
I'm not a lawyer, but it seems like that kind of use would be totally untraceable anyway, and I'm sure everyone who doesn't have access to a license for some huge database of assets does it anyway.
>>
>>531690
The one who sues you has to prove that you used his material. If you change it so much the judge can't recognize if its the original material or not you are safe.
>>
>>531692
>>531690
What you're thinking of is called Transformation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformation_(law)
>>
File: useful_12.png (268KB, 488x503px) Image search: [Google]
useful_12.png
268KB, 488x503px
>>531686
If in the low likability that someone comes at you and tell you that the texture is his then just offer him some money or another deal; like buying textures from him in the future. No one is gonna get sued over a fucking texture.
>>
File: Rust.jpg (116KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Rust.jpg
116KB, 512x512px
But that's stupid, if its beyond recognition then you can just use anything as a base.

Just make some difference clouds and fuck around with filters and work from there.
>>
>>531686
> Stealing is bad, but how do I get away with it, /3/

Why is this board infested with the laziest people on 4chan, the kind the human race could never miss if we sent them to the camps?
>>
>>532049
>manipulation is stealing

damn, MF DOOM must be in the top ten most wanted criminals
>>
>>531686
>>531687

First of all, you can find almost everything on cgtextures as free for any use, second nobody's going to spend the money to go after you unless you did something insane like just straight up lifted a sprite from a Nintendo game like flappybird did
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.