[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CGPEERS IS KILL. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

HOLY SHIT THIS IS BAD! WHAT DO WE DO NOW!?

Please tell me there's a way we can save this?
>>
>>531572
fml, literally, just was about to start 3D as well
>>
File: m8.png (28KB, 1186x668px) Image search: [Google]
m8.png
28KB, 1186x668px
uwot
>>
>https://forum.cgpersia.com/

>"Cgpeers.com is still paid for another month, no clue why they messed it up, trying to resolve it. Use cgpeers.to instead'
>>
>>531574
It's just here ↑
>>
>>531574
wtf is .to sounds like some sort of fake hacking site no thanks
>>
>>531574
>used adult diapers

say no more pham
>>
>>531577
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.to
>.to is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of the island kingdom of Tonga.
>>
>>531578
I wonder if used adult diapers have something to do with testicle lumps
>>
>>531577
awww how cute, you sound new
>>
>had an old account a long fucking time ago in cgpeers beta 2
>somehow deleted
>been meaning to sign up for a month now
>fucking 4 days later I completely forgot

Fuck. I want some specific particle plugins that probably only they have.

Does this site do referrals, or is it just the signup days?
>>
>>531608
Its over, the dream is dead
>>
>>531577
>fake hacking site
That is too fucking funny, what would that even be? What would the purpose of a "fake hacking site" be?

Jesus dude, get a fucking dictionary.
>>
File: 1467352841850.jpg (92KB, 1200x945px) Image search: [Google]
1467352841850.jpg
92KB, 1200x945px
>>531611

>some FBI fuckwit in hollywood security is planing his career by making everyone being pissed off at him?

honestly. holly wood should finance such sites like SGPeers. or artists will never know what programms are out of there. which bring back to the idea of blender.
>>
Its ".net" fag...
>>
>>531572
nice work with the tabs
>>
Blender is not that bad tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0654GCPxDhw
>>
>>531916

As a noob, I'm unclear if I should be impressed by that or appalled by the sloppiness of having meshes just stick through each other.
>>
File: cgpeers.png (195KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
cgpeers.png
195KB, 2560x1440px
>>531572
>>531573
>>531575
Site seems to be back up
>>
>>532679
I was told there would be funny tabs :(
>>
>>532679
>tumblr
>reddit
this is bait right?
>>
>>531916
I never understood why everyone is starting with sculpting. Im always starting with boxmodelling.
>>
>>531925
>sloppiness of having meshes just stick through each other
I don't know if all the "professional" 3D artists are just shit at their jobs, but I've seen TONS of models where pieces just aren't attached to each other or are sticking through everything.
>>
>>532887

Professional often means doing just good enough a lot quicker than an amateur. If nobody is going to notice, why bother spending a few minutes getting it right? Time is money when you're working for a living.
>>
>>531925
>>532887
Listen Noobs, there is something called floating geometry or floaters, often used in games with lowpoly, or as part of repeatable asset sets.

Then there are cases where you do speedmodelling or fast concepting, where you generally shit on topo and polycount, you just want to create the right forms( fast). Like Masterxeons video.

Then there are cases where you work for 12 ours to model and texture a background-vehicle for the latest Sci Fi show, and then in the final shot the vehicle is barely visible for 2 and a half seconds. 20 pixel big.
Behind mighty Depth of field and motion blur.
Nobody cares if it isn't (visible) in the final shot.
Also nobody cares if its just a bunch of intersecting cylinders and boxes.
But feel free to connect every piece of geometry you find needs connecting.
Just don't be pissed when people laugh about your autism.
>>
>>533107

This. There is even a name for the technique of using floating geometry that isn't actually connected. I think it's called vert bashing, but I might be confusing it with something else.
>>
>>533107

Is this applicable to games as well in certain situations?
>>
>>533128
Of course.
>>
>>533112
the 'bashing' thing makes it sound like it's a bit of a slur though, like photobashing.
>>
>>533172
There is also kit bashing.
Very ancient pre-3d term from actual real life model kits.
It becomes a slur if its a kid relentlessly bashing shitty downloaded model parts into one huge pile of shit while spouting things like: I maed dis.
Not to be confused with "kid bashing" although somewhat related.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.