[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Need a new monitor >at least 27 inches >not necessarily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 3b4.png (16KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
3b4.png
16KB, 500x314px
>Need a new monitor
>at least 27 inches
>not necessarily 4K
>primary focus: 3D and 2D graphics
>but also for video games
>budget: up to 700 euros
So, /3/, is there anything you can recommend?
>>
>>531082

Dell U2715H
>>
pcpartpicker.com

It allows filters for what you want. Most have reviews.
>>
>>531087
Thx, I'll look up some reviews.

>>531092
Thx man, didn't know about this site.
>>
wait for oled monitors in 2017.
>>
>>531097
>oled
200% expensive, 0% useful
>>
>>531097
>>531099
Besides, I don't think that when they hit the market I will be able to buy a decent one for 700 euros.
>>
>>531087
Seconding this, Dell make some really good monitors.
>>
>>531099
>0% useful
oled gives you nearly unlimited contrast
>>
>>531286
And requires more electricity, and has a shorter lifespan and is ridiculously more expensive.
>>
>>531239
Yeah, mine is a U2515H but holy shit is it good. Best tech purchase I've made in a long time.
>>
>>531289
The lifespan is about 3 years. If you cant afford one, perhaps get any job? also, your contrast will be straight up shit meaning you wont get an accurate image. 3DCG is all about getting an accurate image.

2017 is going to be the year of oled according to tech reports.
>>
>>531340
and well get flying cars by 2015
>>
>>531345
>ad hominem
>>
File: 1451274465459.jpg (225KB, 994x876px) Image search: [Google]
1451274465459.jpg
225KB, 994x876px
>>531286
> blacker blacks

whatevs
>>
>>531082
If you have enough desk space and you are serious about content creation I'd recommend a 32 inch WQHD monitor.
You get the same pixel density as a 24 inch 1080p display so you don't have to use scaling in windows.
The amount of extra screen space you get is insane.
You can have tons of toolbars open and also have an actual 1080p preview of whatever you are working on at the same time.

The Philips BDM3270QP would be a good choice.
It has a AMVA panel with really good contrast and okay viewing angles and only costs about 550 euros on amazon.
Pixel-to-pixel response times aren't the best, certainly not optimal for gaming, but you can definitely play games on this thing.
I've played a couple FPS games on it, it's not as good as a TN panel when it comes to response times, but it's nothing too noticeable.
(Don't buy a TN panel, the color accuracy is shit)

The problem is, you won't find a panel that has no drawbacks. There are no perfect panels. Even the Dell U2715H that people have been recommending has its issues. Just google IPS glow.
You want a panel that's good for content creation, but you also want to game on it. These two things are polar opposites.
For gaming, you want low input lag and high refresh rates, for content creation, you want accurate color reproduction and good contrast. You won't find a monitor that has both (or if you somehow do, it will be probably out of your price range).
>>
>For gaming, you want low input lag and high refresh rates, for content creation, you want accurate color reproduction and good contrast. You won't find a monitor that has both (or if you somehow do, it will be probably out of your price range).

This
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.