[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/ Ive been studying modeling and Im stuck with this topology.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: Clip_2.jpg (229KB, 706x818px) Image search: [Google]
Clip_2.jpg
229KB, 706x818px
Hey /3/
Ive been studying modeling and Im stuck with this topology.
Its a cross between a cube and a cylinder, but the problem lies where they encounter, I cant manage to make a clean quad topology.

I already applied a quad chamfer on their edges but I dont really know how to go on. As you can see there are too many tension points where the vertex joins, any solution or tips?

Thanks in advance
>>
lol you just need to delete the line in the middle of the tip and its all quads
>>
File: Clip_3.jpg (88KB, 1492x392px) Image search: [Google]
Clip_3.jpg
88KB, 1492x392px
>>529492
I tried that already but it ends up horrible when applying turbosmooth
I need to move that tension point anywhere else, to the sides maybe
>>
>>529494
lol just push that vertex up so it doesnt pinch down
>>
>>529497
Lol just
>>
So keep in mind I did this quick. What you would have to do is spend some time and relax these vertices so that mesh smooths better.

You can see how it's a bit lumpy on the sides, you can actually fix that pretty easily by moving some verts around.
>>
File: render.png (528KB, 1509x1756px) Image search: [Google]
render.png
528KB, 1509x1756px
>>529503

I guess it didn't want to include my pic
>>
File: Clip_4.jpg (224KB, 771x837px) Image search: [Google]
Clip_4.jpg
224KB, 771x837px
>>529504
thank you for taking the time!
I did this one and kinda worked, my tension points went to both sides (red boxes) and now I have a smoother corner.
I used the normal chamfer (2 sides) instead of quad chamfer. I really need to learn when to use one or the other.

Im going to try your solution
>>
>>529505
ur'e welcum ;^)))
>>
File: render.png (407KB, 2024x960px) Image search: [Google]
render.png
407KB, 2024x960px
>>529505

Hey, actually wanted to try one more thing.

The solution I posted before was using 32 sides, after thinking about it, I changed it to 24 sides and came up with this.

I think it smooths a lot better, and the topo is cleaner as well.

Hope it helps.
>>
>>529510
Are you always using quad chamfer for the edges? Or just the normal tri one with 2 sides?
I always have trouble on which one to use.

That solution looks nice, saving image for later try
>>
>>529513

I actually do it manually with cut. And then eyeball it even by moving verts with edges on (meaning the verts follow the edges, it's an option in edit poly)
>>
>>529505

Not a mistery why you have tension, you have a triangle neighbouring an ngon

Sort this out and you should be gone.
Also use symmetry so you only have to fix it once
>>
File: image.png (432KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
432KB, 640x1136px
>>529524

Me again, just remembered I have saved an example just like yours in pinterest, check it out
>>
http://polycount.com/discussion/56014/how-the-f-do-i-model-this-reply-for-help-with-specific-shapes/p121
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.