[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I be learning and get good at making a perfect human body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Should I be learning and get good at making a perfect human body in Blender/Maya first before I start learning how to sclupt humans in zbrush? or should I just say fuck it and work exclusively in zbrush?

What are your guys thoughts/opinions?
>>
learn 2d before 3d
>>
>>527502
just sculpt anything else is a waste of time
>>
>>527502
I'd start with a modeling package and then Zbrush. Modeling will teach you good topo and edgeflow so you can sculpt with purpose.
>>
>>527631

What ever you do OP, do not listen to this guy.

I wasted a year of my life learning a modelling package and realized I should have just done zbrush, learn anatomy and improve 2D skills.
>>
>>527641

This. Topology is not artistic. You can learn "grunt" gamedev stuff later. I'm retopologizing right now and I want to end it all.
>>
A good 3D.topology is essential if you want to have any use whatsoever for your model. Rigging it correctly will provide a flexibility Zbrush & Co can't even touch.
If you just plan to do some static renders for portfolio, sure, go for Zbrush. It isn't good for much else than that and normal maps.
>>
>>527631
>>527641
>>527646
>>527704

If you truly want to become good at sculpting, just download the sculpting package and start working at it. Retopology is important, and much of the aftermath of what you do in zBrush you can easily do in external packages and modelling applications. But if you learn sculpting first, you can always go back and learn the technical afterwards. To be honest though, if you want to become a demi god at sculpting people with a head start, you should be studying the human anatomy. 2D skills in the human body are a major plus, but not required.
>>
>>527641
Yes because learning maya or 3ds max will be awful when it comes to simulations, rigging, texturing, animating. Don't need that stuff. Just model doughy sculpts in Zbrush and wonder why it looks like shit until you quit.
>>
>>527741
Not him but I'm assuming OP just cares about sculpting. Retop for game ready models can be done after.

Op should start with zbrush, then retop his sculpts with a program of choice. If your smart you can make a workflow to learn both at the same time.
>>
If you want to learn the human body, you need to draw and sculpt it first (with real clay). Compartmentalize major muscle groups and the planes that define them. Being a good modeler is being a good artist.
>>
>>527502
Yes. You should stop posting and start learning, you need to know SOMETHING about every aspect even if it's not what you specialize in.

JUST DO IT FAGGOT
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.