[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good books that teach someone who knows NOTHING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1443077633750.png (258KB, 392x517px) Image search: [Google]
1443077633750.png
258KB, 392x517px
Are there any good books that teach someone who knows NOTHING about 3D modeling up to a level capable of creating game assets and character models? Any program, really. I've looked at tutorials online but most of them seem janky as fuck, or you have to pay out the ass for video locked behind subscription walls.
>>
>>527245

Books no. Get tutorials on cg Persia.
>>
no video is locked behind a pay wall, you can find 90 percent of everything on youtube
>>
>please spoonfeed me so I can quickly make monies
>>
File: f7FdEdG[1].jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
f7FdEdG[1].jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>527317
>>
>>527318
This
>>
>>527245
No. The reason why is because the process of beginner to pro is a combination of hard work and exceptional artistic skill. There is a difference between someone who has technical knowledge of a program and someone who has the ability to express himself with that toolset. One can be taught, the other must be developed by you alone. A good model reflects adequacy in both aspects.
>>
>>528682
Only if you're working for yourself or a small studio.

You don't HAVE to be creative and expecting / wanting creative input may even be discouraged. A dude from Pixar talking at an Autodesk thing said the single best thing you can do to get a job is to take someone else's concept art and make a character from that.

He talked about how in these large studios your technical skill and experience is what matters much more than your artistic skill; a team of creative people are going to iterate over a design repeatedly, and in the case of the Pixar guy you're going to have the Creative Director or whoever standing over your shoulder saying "Change this, change that, make this bigger, make that smaller, rounder, longer, etc" as they iterative over the initial character designs.

TL;DR if you're not creative, find someone else's creative concept art and turn it into 3D
>>
>>528682
>>528685
No matter what, you gotta be fluent as fuck on the technical side... And updated. Also things get easier the more you work. Its better to find a solution to a problem you encounter than being spoonfed all the time. Because problems are gonna come up all the time. Gotta learn to be fast, efficient and updated
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.