[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here CADCAM? It's probably not 100% related to this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: testpart.png (1MB, 1919x1141px) Image search: [Google]
testpart.png
1MB, 1919x1141px
Who here CADCAM? It's probably not 100% related to this board, but there's often overlap as models drawn by 3DCG can be imported and used for toolpath creation or whatever.

Any tips for a beginner like me? Should I invest time into the CAD aspect using some other modeling program? So far I've created all my parts in the MasterCAM software itself and not a dedicated modeling program...
>>
>>526499

What do you want to do? Also MasterCAM is strictly for machining and geometry can be imported from other CAD programs.

regards, mechanical engineer
>>
File: f-1-saturn-v-news-ref.jpg (2MB, 2448x2592px) Image search: [Google]
f-1-saturn-v-news-ref.jpg
2MB, 2448x2592px
>>526848
Not OP, but I would like to also use CAD software to design aerospace propulsion systems and test them out in Research & Development labs. How would I be able to achieve this?
>>
>>527089
Wait... you have access to r&d labs but not the required knowledge to create the test subject in CAD?
>>
>>527095
No, I'm far from being in a R&D lab. That's is what I'm asking in particular actually. I wish to obtain knowledge in SolidWorks, CATIA, etc., to do such tasks in the industry, but don't know where to start networking for such positions in the aerospace industry.
>>
>>527120
You most likely need to have a degree in that specific field. Unless you're well-connected and have an excellent skillset, no company will believe you when you say "yeah I never went to school for this but I TOTALLY learned how to do it all myself, promise".

That being said, there are exceptions but probably not many. Your best bet might be to subscribe to one of those professional commercial services which teach you how to do things (like big companies which have a group subscriptions to them so the employees can learn).

This isn't just something you can spend a few months on and master, or even be good at (propulsion systems). You have to work your way up.
>>
>>526848
I'm a machinist, started out manual, got into CNC. Made code by hand, then slowly got into MasterCAM to generate the NC instead of having to type it out.

I want to make more complicated parts, but creating them in MasterCAM, I find, is a little difficult. There are parts I want to make that are based off regular parts that I can import, but altering them in MasterCAM is also kinda weird sometimes.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.