[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple question: I use 3dsmax and I have a closed editable poly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1bf.gif (55KB, 497x263px) Image search: [Google]
1bf.gif
55KB, 497x263px
Simple question:

I use 3dsmax and I have a closed editable poly model and one of the faces has its normals fliped inside. I CAN'T SELECT IT cause the object is fucking closed.
There must be a shortcut without using tedious modifiers. Shift+click? No. Shift+Ctl+Alt+W+B+click.

C'mon what is the shortcut?
>>
> I CAN'T SELECT IT cause the object is fucking closed.
You CAN select backfaces of polys in max. Are you sure thats the issue ?
>>
>>521033
Do I have to disable occlusion culling to do so?
>>
>>521036
you mean backface culling ? if its automatically on just disable it
>>
Another simple question:

I want the view to align to the local pivot of selection. PAY ATTENTION: Not the "align to view" which can be found under tools, or edit, or Hierarchy... I want the opposite. "Align view to local pivot". Is it possible?

Thanks Anon for the previous response.
>>
>>521828
>I want the view to align to the local pivot of selection. PAY ATTENTION: Not the "align to view" which can be found under tools, or edit, or Hierarchy... I want the opposite. "Align view to local pivot". Is it possible?
>Thanks Anon for the previous response.

You can simply hit Z (that's the default, anyway) to zoom in on your selection.

If you want to actually align the camera so that it points directly at, say, a selected face, then you'll either have to do that manually or get a script to do it for you. Neil Blevins (http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_tools/scripts/3dsmax/soulburnscripts.htm) created a script that does just that, IIRC.
>>
>>521032

What's a closed editable poly?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.