[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the best way to make pre-rendered backgrounds a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: cosmocanyon.gif (176KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
cosmocanyon.gif
176KB, 512x512px
What would be the best way to make pre-rendered backgrounds a la Final Fantasy VII
>>
File: ayy.png (120KB, 387x357px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
120KB, 387x357px
make the render then decrease to pallete 256 colors
>>
Yeah
Render it out and save the image
>>
A lot of post production.
>>
git gud at illustration and 3d then spend a lot of time making the image.
>>
Make it
render it
bake cubemaps/store other lighting data for the realtime part of the engine to use
done
>>
>>519229
It's just a rendered still of a 3D scene used as background, the flames are sprites sitting on on top of it (notice they for not alter the lighting).
The player than moves on top of a simple lowpoly collision mesh that do not render and that mimics the traversable surfaces of the scene.
The scene camera is placed in the exact position that the image is rendered from relative to the collision mesh, as long as you keep the camera here and do not translate it you can
use a narrower FOV and rotate it to make it scroll with the player revealing only a subpart of the rendered background as you move around and explore the scene.

This last part is the only real trick to the setup as you are not using an isometric view for these.

>>519427
>cubemaps

This is like 10 years before cubemaps, also wth are you thinking using cubemaps for this?
>>
Descargalas loco
>>
>>519432
thanks, i always wondered about this. ffvii bgs combined with the ost were super comfy
>>
>>519432
well, you're gonna need some lighting information to render the characters. Cubemaps, SH, whatever you prefer.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.