[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make sprites for Doom - 8 directional 3D impostors.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: doomsprites.png (594KB, 800x2750px) Image search: [Google]
doomsprites.png
594KB, 800x2750px
I want to make sprites for Doom - 8 directional 3D impostors.

Pic related, how to do it in Maya.

Can anyone come up with a decent workflow for doing it in blender??
>>
I can help you with the work flow in blender if you like. I really dont feel like typing it all out since that would take a long time. Feel free to hit me up on skype and I will do my best to help you.

username: dogboy.exe
>>
Honestly, this information is so basic that if you need to ask, you should not attempt it in the first place.

"It says sculpt a model, paint it, animate it and render it."

"Duhhh, how do I do this in another 3d program???"
>>
>>511422
>username: dogboy.exe
Not sure if legit. I may hit you up.

>>511424
I'm not asking about making the model, or rigging it, or animating it. I'm asking about workflow for doing 8 sets of renders, preferably in a way that isn't tedious and time consuming as fuck.
>>
>>511425

http://webm(DOT)land/media/Vb8Y(DOT)webm
>>
>>511435
Ballin'

Thanks mucho!
>>
>>511414
yeah
1 model
2 render
3 profit?

i mean you dont even have to rig it, a pointless step, just deform by hand
how many different poses does it need, two other ones?

Of that quality you can make it all in zbrush or mudbox, both allow for simple renders and both have better sculpting bad texturing tools ( except zbrush, zbrush texturing tools are shit), but the workflow would be the same

model
paint
render out, what 4 renders for each pose? 12 of them? then take into photoshop, adjust resolution, paint up some glowy bits or delete pixels that ruin the silhouette, fuck around with saturation and values, or dont
and you are done
>>
>>511435
considering the amount of the required for the rest of the steps, camera setup will be the fast step in which you can save up the least of time
>>
File: wut.gif (992KB, 225x206px) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
992KB, 225x206px
>>511440
>both have better sculpting bad texturing tools
>bad

>considering the amount of the required for the rest of the steps,
>of the required for
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.