[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blender fag here, trying to migrate to 3ds max And holy fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: ss (2016-01-27 at 07.59.27).jpg (297KB, 1919x1040px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-01-27 at 07.59.27).jpg
297KB, 1919x1040px
Blender fag here, trying to migrate to 3ds max
And holy fucking shit the viewport mouse controls are so annoying
How do I make it behave like in blender?
>>
>>510955
use blender
>>
>>510955
You can't, autocad user here, I fucking hate autodesk's control scheme, it's equally bad on all of their software.
>>
Why are you moving to 3dsmax?
>>
>>510955

>How do I make it behave like in blender?

You get used to it.
I boot up Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop daily and none share the same navigation keys.

They all have different pan/zoom as well as brush adjustment shortcuts.
>>
Move to Modo instead: 3ds max is a piece of shit. The only people using 3ds max are the people who learned it and don't want to unlearn it.
>>
>>510955
i'm pretty sure i saw an option to map the mouse controls to behave like maya in max 2016, possibly in anterior versions as well.
Also it's just a matter of getting used to, i often switch soft and struggle for half an hour with it, then it's okay.
>>
>>510994
customize>preferences>interaction mode
only maya available apparently, i don't know if it's the same as blender
>>
>>510979
This
>>510982
Also this

Why would you use an inferior tool?
>>
>>510998
Because blender is spaghetti code garbage made by hundreds of directionless nerds working out of their mothers' basements. Also, good luck getting hired at any studio with your vast self-taught repertoire of blender skills.
>>
>>511053
Again, why would you use an inferior tool?
Blender is the fastest and most complete modelling suite available, it bests Max is almost every aspect.
>Muh Autodesk Support
>Muh Industry Standard
The final result is all that matters anon, sure you'll have to learn 3Ds Max eventually to join a triple a studio if that's your thing but most indie studios out there are using Blender.
>Superior Animation Suite
>Built In Sculpting Suite
>Axis Snaping while modelling
>It's free (i won't go into the open source bullshit, only fucker from /g/ care about that shit)
Literally the same capabilites with some improvements, for example the weight painting over that stupid envelope shit they have on Max, fuck that.
Maya is allright but still, it's slower to use and the price tag is salty. And no, you can't use the student version professionaly, so there's that.
I am yet to see any "advantages" that any of Autodesk's products have over Blender, it may be Industry Standard, but come on, there are ATMs out there running Windows XP, it's the "standard", but that doesn't mean it's any better than any other recent OS.
>>
>>510955
I recommend you don't install it, any trouble that you may have will be more complicated, but if really is a big problem for you http://www.blendernation.com/2012/08/14/blender-theme-for-3ds-max/ also I don't know if still works
>>
>>511100
>most indie studios
You mean studios that release early access survival action back-to-basics retro vignette games? Being the humble man that I am, I think I can live with myself if I am excluded from the company of such talented people as those.
>>
>>511115
Nice argument retard
>>
>>511116
Nice cuck argument.
>>
>>511100
>it bests Max is almost every aspect.

try being more subtle with your b8 m8.
>>
>>510955
stick with blender.
>>
File: 1452693058158.png (228KB, 396x458px) Image search: [Google]
1452693058158.png
228KB, 396x458px
>>510955
Here's me speaking as a Mayafag

Why the fuck did you switch from Blender?
Why the fuck didn't you pick your first software properly?
Why the fuck didn't you figure this shit out early on?

Stick to one fucking software asshole
Were you forced to change? Why the fuck would you fuck yourself over like that?

There's literally nothing else to do but learn the new software then you fucking casual, consider it the punishment for your lack of foresight

When you get a job, there's >50% chance of you switching software anyways, so get used to it, or keep whining and being a fucking crybaby not being to use a fucking modern peripheral and modern UI instead of fucking making fire with rocks and shit you fucking spoilt brat
>>
>>511157

Are you really going to just stick with Maya forever?
You should really try Houdini, Modo, etc to see different ways of doing things.
>>
>>511243
I never said I'm sticking to Maya forever, but it's definitely the first 3D software I put my heart into learning, and I'm sticking to it as far as I can
Of course, once I get a job and they're not using Maya, I'll just learn whatever they're using
I mean the only difference are very minor functions, how they work (for example I remember replying to a dude that had to do extra steps to what would be just extruding an edge Maya, apparently in Max it makes a bevel with triangle sides than just extruding the edge), and mostly the UI/navigation of the software
Basically, I see no reason to change at the moment, and if I have to change, then why the fuck not, it's still the ice cream only different flavour
>>
>>511157
I use blender for character modeling that are later used in game engines, not for your meme rendering
Blender has shit exporting abilities
Nothing I export out of it is kept the same way.
Try exporting FBX for example- usually it should contain all the textures and other files, but blender only exports a clean mesh.
>>
>>511405
Usually it's importing stuff more complex than an .OBJ file that Blender tends to have trouble with. Also last I checked .FBX files should only contain meshes, materials, armatures/rigs, animations, and directions to where the textures are located; this isn't like a .blend file where everything can be packed into it.
>>
>>511405
bullshit you are doing something wrong

i can export a mesh with 20 different animations
>>
>>511444
from what I gathered, its only blender not being able to export textures along with the mesh in fbx format
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.