[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck does anyone find blender confusing??? Look at fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: Blender_Viewport.jpg (242KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Blender_Viewport.jpg
242KB, 1920x1040px
Why the fuck does anyone find blender confusing??? Look at fucking max, you have to fiddle between the buttons to SCROLL.
Or fiddle at the fucking arrows to move something.
It's completely retarded.

Also I don't know alot about max, but if the viewport of blender looks better than most max renders, you do something wrong.
>>
>>496901
Uh, nobody argues that Max is intuitive either bruh. In fact, Max is generally considered to have one of the worst UIs of the industry.
Maya is a lot better than Blender's though, current Maya that is.
>>
>>496902
>current Maya that is.

nope. working in maya but mostly it gets dropped because of UI clusterfuck.
>>
I've found that Cinema has the easiest UI to learn, but is also the most lackluster application. Blender is kind of middle point. Maya and Max are somewhat harder just for the cheer amount of features and redundant menus it has and whatnot. Zbrush is a fucking mess though.
>>
Eh honestly 3D animation software in general is convoluted and difficult to understand.

But then again, ,3D animation in general is convoluted and difficult to understand.

Unfortunately that's just how it goes
>>
>>496903
You can literally hide everything on the UI with a single keypress and just use hotkeys for everything if you want. Panels can easily be dragged out into standlone windows that you can move to other screens too... And everything is under the proper labels now. there's nothing cluster fuck about it. And the spacebar function for switching between view angles is awesome.
>>
>>496912
>He still has to switch between view angles

Pretty amateurish to be quite honest
>>
>>496920
You must not model much if you think switching to different Orthographic view angles doesn't help the process.
>>
>>496925
I usually just use shortcuts instead of having 4 different views like a complete retoid
>>
>>496929
>A billion different hotkeys having to constantly fumble around your keyboard just to do simple shit
vs
>One hotkey that does multiple things by simply including your cursor position into the equation

Yeah no, you keep using your archaic 1990s workflow of only using pure keyboard shortcuts, have fun with that.
>>
>>496912
>standlone windows
blender doesn't have this which is why blender is superior.
separate windows = more ram being used = slow down of the program.

also, separate windows is fucking shit.

blender ui is the top of the pops, lads.
>>
>>496951
>Blenders has less features
>Therefore Blender is superior!

Perfect sense m8. Maya lets you do what you want, whether that's panels or windows. More RAM being used does not slow down the computer unless you run out of RAM and it has to cache to disk.
>>
>>496954
>More RAM being used does not slow down the computer unless you run out of RAM
incorrect.
once ram hits 50% a computer stops running as fast because it enters what's known as "resource saving mode".

real shit.

and yes, blender is superior because it out performs maya and it's free.
>>
>>496955
>once ram hits 50% a computer stops running as fast because it enters what's known as "resource saving mode".
kek, nice try m8, but that's a pitiful troll if I ever saw one.

>and yes, blender is superior because it out performs maya and it's free.
Maya can handle larger polycounts and is much cleaner to interact with. I can sculpt on an 11m poly mesh in it if I want. GG m8.
>>
Do you guys ever struggle with ram when you're working on stuff regardless of program? Really?
>>
>>496936
Once you have more polygons on scene than your video card can handle you'll realize how Maya's default way of changing between viewports is complete rubbish. There are of course alternatives to the spacebar function but you specifically mentioned that one so don't try to move the goalposts like you always do, mmkay? ;)
>>
>>496951
Blender does have the option to turn the GUI and shortcuts as close as Maya's as possible, even with the 4 panel viewports and everything. That is of course pretty shit so I doubt anyone that isn't an amateur even works with 4 viewports and usually stick to shortcuts to change views.
>>
File: hotboxing.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hotboxing.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>496966
Nobody works with 4 viewports at once in Maya unless they're nub. Blender doesn't simulate Maya's viewport changing system. In Maya, you start out with the 4 viewports, but you hover your mouse over one and tap spacebar and that viewport takes over all 4 spots. You tap space again, it brings them back, move your mouse to another view and tap space, etc... So all your views are simply tied to spacebar instead of number keys or whatever the hell you guys chose to use. Plus you can easily undock a viewport and put it on another screen...

>>496965
>more polygons than your video card can handle
Bruh, you're going to have more than just viewport problems if your GPU can't crunch all the polys in your scene. Here's a scene with 56 million raw polys (no smoothing or instancing), and my viewport switching still works in a split-second.
>>
>>496970
> 56 million raw polys no smoothing or instancing
> no lighting
> no textures
> no alpha planes
> only a few objects
Let me know when you get a real scene with hundreds of seperate objects with 4K textures with multiple lights.
>>
>>496974
>lighting
>maps
>in a fucking viewport

>not using layers or any kind of optimization

If you're dealing with scenes that complex and you have that shit enabled then what the fuck are you doing with your life?

Feel free to post some counter-evidence to his evidence, because so far he showed you what he said and you're just talking shit.
>>
Why are you nerds arguing over fucking viewports? No one even changes views in Maya tabbing spacebar, they hold it and select it from the radial menu, it's faster and doesn't jog your system on complex scenes.

>>496976

Come on pal, 10 fucking objects, no skinning, no rigging, no textures, no animation. If this is your way to benchmark applications you're just making yourself look like a fool
>>
>>496901

>>t's completely retarded.
>>Also I don't know alot about max

>>retarded
>>don't know max
>>
>>496970
>Nobody works with 4 viewports at once in Maya unless they're nub

please, noob
>>
>>497001

You still haven't done any counter benchmarks. Step up or step out.
>>
>>497016
Why would I need to? You're the one trying to prove a moot point, go ahead and do it or stop being a whinny little bitch, Mayacuck >>496902 No one was even talking about Maya before you showed up with your clear inferiority complex
>>
File: maury.jpg (41KB, 386x410px) Image search: [Google]
maury.jpg
41KB, 386x410px
>>497068
>You're the one trying to prove a moot point
The very fact you've been claiming the opposite of the points, determines that... was a lie.
>>
>>497069
Do you english?
>>
>>497109

Do you?

You're saying no evidence is better than evidence.
>>
>>496956
>sculpt on an 11m poly mesh
what a waste of time and resources.
>>
>>496970
>that webm
so much epilepsy.
>>
File: WOW.gif (1023KB, 400x230px) Image search: [Google]
WOW.gif
1023KB, 400x230px
>>496976
Only inept retards like you would find weird to work with High-res textures and multiple lights and many instances. Let me know when you work on real scenes and grow up from playing with primitive objects.

> counter-evidence to his evidence
Your evidence shows that your shitty viewport can switch between viewports thats got some very basic objects with no textures or multiple light sources or additional rendering parameters on it. If this is the claim you are bragging about blender than no wonder why everything thinks you're a faggot.
>>
>>497129
>Only inept retards like you would find weird to work with High-res textures and multiple lights and many instances. Let me know when you work on real scenes and grow up from playing with primitive objects.
You've clearly never seen how a professional studio works with large scenes. Heavy use of proxy objects and textures is the intelligent way to work with a scene.

> very basic objects
The shape of the object has literally no effect on performance, the polycount is what matters.
And no rendering effects? I had 16x MSAA running in that viewport. Subsampling the fuck out of that shit. Adding more lights and textures would have done very little to the scene performance, but if you're going to be that butthurt I'll whip up an example later.
>>
>>497130
> You've clearly never seen how a professional studio works with large scenes. Heavy use of proxy objects and textures is the intelligent way to work with a scene.
lel coming from the guy who brags about how many polygons it can render without trouble.

> but if you're going to be that butthurt I'll whip up an example later.
It's hard to expect people to believe your evidence when you don't have any evidence. It's you who desperately try to claim how blender is not shit. So do it or don't do it at your expense.
>>
>>497131
> guy who brags about how many polygons it can render without trouble.
Uhh, it was a response to what you said here >>496965 , dumbass. It's called proving a point, not bragging.

>It's you who desperately try to claim how blender is not shit
>blender is not shit
>not shit

Ok, either you're trolling, or you have serious reading comprehension problems.
>>
>>497132
That's not me retard. You are arguing with numerous people in the thread.
> still no evidence
how surprising.
>>
>>497134
If you're not him then you were contributing nothing to the conversation and just being a boring troll. And regardless my point still stands, it wasn't bragging it was a response.

>still no evidence
Already posted evidence, you merely don't accept it. Also told you I'd do a scene later, and by later I mean another day, I have actual work to do, unlike you.
>>
>>497136
> Already posted evidence
> evidence that I can switch viewports very fastly
oh wow !

> I have actual work to do, unlike you.
Good luck with playing with more primitive shapes bro. I hope you learn things like modelling or texturing some day.
>>
>>496902
Max is the best modeling application that exists, because the UI prioritizes basic controls related to modeling, as well as has more tools (than Maya) related to modeling. It's better than Maya's history system because all of the operations you've performed on the mesh are in a list.

If you find Max's UI unintuitive, then you're probably not modeling, or you've never tried it.
>>
>>498803
Having said that Max is shit at subdivision. Maya is better at subdivisions.
>>
>>496901
I use max and have found that the UI has multiple of the same buttons in different areas. Me thinks it is suppose to appeal to anyone knew so there are different ways to learn. Some ways may feel more natural?

It does make the user feel a little overwhelmed when you really get into using it tho.
>>
I thought After Effects was confusing back in the day but when I had memorized every single keyboard shortcut, my workflow became infinitely more robust. Same with Cinema 4D.
And I think that's where I shot myself in the foot. Un-learning something is difficult and once you've married to a software, the solutions in everything else seem stupid and convoluted.
>>
>>498804

This is agreeable.
>>
>>496901
Its "confusing" to a lot of people because they are used to max and are not familiar with blenders ui. They don't want to put the effort in to learn how to use it because "max is the best and blender is freeware beginner shit"
>>
>>496904
Get a drawing tablet. Zbrush's ui will make a whole lot more sense.
>>
FUCK ZBRUSH
>>
>>499074
Puberty, it's a helluva drug.

>>499065
Max and Blender have more UI similarities than any other 3D software... The fact of the matter is, Blender's UI is very poorly designed and they need to find someone who is actually well experienced with interface design to redesign it. Stop holding Blender back just because you guys fear people will stop using it if a radical UI change is made.
>>
File: 17543135432354.gif (12KB, 400x491px) Image search: [Google]
17543135432354.gif
12KB, 400x491px
>>499076
>Blender's UI is very poorly designed and they need to find someone who is actually well experienced with interface design to redesign it.

How did you manage to travel back in time?

They did a complete UI overhaul in 2011 with v2.50.

If you're actually from 2015 and still think it is horrible you either never gave it a try since you hate it anyway or you're just stubborn and actually just don't want to see that it's absolutely fine.
>>
>>499087
That wasn't a complete UI overhaul, it was a minor change, as far as their design principles go. They're afraid of color and windows. And the general layout and functionality has remained the same.
>>
>>499065
I actually used Blender 3 years before I found Max.
I tried Blender for maybe 4 hours and then dropped it, thinking that 3D applications were over my head.
When I tried Max, I was overcome with rage because of how easy it was. Blender made everything so much harder because of its retarded default layout.
Having said that, that was around 2009.
I don't know if Blender has gotten ``better" or not, but what I do know is that Max has been better for a long, long time.
>>
>>499108
>>499091
Maybe it's a matter of taste, I have never found Blender's UI to be confusing. I mainly use Maya and have used 3Ds Max too.
>>
Blender lacks many features but the UI is very comfy.
Almost like its designed by artists instead of the result of a supreme soviet conference of programmers.
>>
>>499157

Zbrush has a UI designed by artists.
>>
>>496901
>Also I don't know alot about max

a lot. "alot" isn't a word
>>
>>499163
>a lot. "alot" isn't a word
>A lot. "Alot" isn't a word.

I fixed your dreadful punctuation.
>>
To not opern another thread:
There's a easy way to create image MatCaps?
>>
File: 1442429782467.jpg (100KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442429782467.jpg
100KB, 720x720px
>>499163
>>
>>499164
I left them capitalized because it made reading it clearer as the sentences were short and a quote/correction.

I'm guessing you're the guy saying that Blender's terrible U.I. isn't terrible.
>>
>>499183
>I'm guessing you're the guy saying that Blender's terrible U.I. isn't terrible.

No, I'm not. I've never even tried Blender. What an awful assumption. You should really stop making them.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.