[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some ancient apologetics for human sacrifice? Did they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17

File: humansacrifice6.jpg (1MB, 1353x896px) Image search: [Google]
humansacrifice6.jpg
1MB, 1353x896px
What are some ancient apologetics for human sacrifice? Did they do it just because or did they have a well formulated defense?today all violence or rituals seems to be needed "defended" trougg apolegetics as if to soothe the mind.
>>
>>19542810

well Latin America is not Europe so keep that in mind
>>
>>19542827
True. Here we never invited thoss who slaughter us by ourselves.>>19542827
>>
>>19542827
but what about the bogs mummies?
>>
>>19542827
The druids did it too.
>>
>>19542810
ROMAN#1: "Well, thank Jupiter we're not like those Greeks! Human sacrifice, indeed?"
ROMAN#2: "Yes, Marcus! How brutal!"
R1: "Lucius, I trust you will be attending the games I'll be holding next week to honour the shades of my fathers?"
R2: "Certainly! I hear you have quite a spectacle lined up?"
R1: "I've arranged for 1000 Ethiopians to fight 1000 Celts to the death, but I think will loose the leopards on them near the end."
ALL: "HAHAHAHAHAHA!"
>>
There is no need to defend human sacrifice, or any other ritual behaviour. You are projecting your own morals and ethics onto people living hundreds/thousands of years ago. *They* believed that through sacrificial rituals they could influence their gods, in the same way that Christians feel that through prayer they influence their god. No real difference.
>>
>>19542846
The Irish/Celt Druids stopped human sacrifices (officially) a few hundred years BC.

Anyone have any decent bookson druidism, I know enough to smell BS but factual infois hard come by.

>Celtic Christian ftw
>>
>>19545090
>>19542810

They realized over generations that human sacrifices didn't change the stats,then jesus figures went around telling people to stop pointless killing,and most did.

They kept laws allowing it in "times of death" (famine,plague,war) where babies and old people could be mercy-killed to stop the suffering, that would be the only remnant i can see into the EuroAD era
>>
>>19545880
Roman history anon here again:
Claudius invaded Britain in appox 43AD because he wanted to stop Britain being used as a center for initiation and instruction for Druids from mainland Europe. His predjudice against Druids was based on their fondness for human sacrifice.
FWIW I find your romanticism of druidism pitiful.
>>
>>19545892
A lot of religious dogmas have some kind of social/practical origin, I wouldn't be surprised if human sacrifice was practiced more in times of overpopulation etc
>>
>>19545898
Romantic to remain skeptical of the exaggerated claims of an emperor.

Sick of the ill informed quoting biased sources and the backbone of all your larping here is just neo-druidic anyway

History was re-written after the Concord of Worms (noah stories) and again after the Jacobite rebellion (destruction of the Celtic Churches).

This is fact. Romans told fairytales too and the truth is in the middle, a vast distance from what "trusted roman sources" wrote.

Why do Irish christians have traditions found nowhere else? Why do people think the Virgin Mary can crush the devils head?
>>
>>19545908
that would be pointless, if there is overpopulation,you invade.

(why work and grow crops year after year, then slaughter the ones you didif for? The men fought other men forland, women spun fabric (spinster) and they started celibacy (fasting)
>>
>>19545924
fite me, paddy

Fuck your pope, fuck your Jacobites and their divine right of kings, you think "the virgin Mary can crush the devils head" because you are a fetal-alcohol-syndrome inbreed who believes in fairy tales
>>
>>19545934
angry much?

I dont follow the pope you tard, the jacobites didnt follow the pope either, this is the birth of the "Catholic vs Protty" myth in ireland, the dogs in the street know this is true, and even the kolbrin book was (and is) called "the scotch book" around here.

Sofuckoff
>>
>>19545939
I'll trust the word of Claudius (one the finest historians of his day) regarding Druidism before a faggot like you
>>
** The magician must always identify fully with the victim, and share every agonized contortion to the utmost. Any attitude of standing aside and watching, as in a theatrical performance, or any intellectualization during the moments when the sword is doing its brutal but necessary work, or any squeamishness or guilt or revulsion, creates the two-mindedness against which Hagbard so vehemently warns in Never Whistle While You're Pissing. In a sense, only the mind dies.
>>
>>19545948
druidism (the whole fucking lot is in the Senchus Mor, so i'll just believe St. Patrick, The High King and 7 of the most intelligent men in western Europe. btw did claudius tell you about any of their beliefs except for the blatent propaganda? Not a bit, pure negative,fake news as they say today.
>>
>>19545961
Prove they even existed. Go on.
>>
File: Fear Addicted.png (385KB, 657x677px) Image search: [Google]
Fear Addicted.png
385KB, 657x677px
>>19542810

My theory would be that it was for Orgone generation. Humans being intimately connected as we are, more so in those old societies.

Human sacrifice would liberate enormous amounts of emotional and psychological energy, the direction which the religious and state structure was designed to accommodate. it's psychic cannibalism, practiced often by societies not far removed from literal cannibalism.

It provided the necessary mental forces for the larger scale organization of society that they were attempting. These behaviors still persist in occulted forms through to today, one can find many examples of human sacrifice in high school.
>>
File: scholars primer.jpg (263KB, 688x574px) Image search: [Google]
scholars primer.jpg
263KB, 688x574px
>>19545962
i wont spoonfeed you

Read
> Senchus Mor
> Scholars Primer
> Kolbrin
> a non judean centered history book might help you to begin with

>j-jesus was j-jewish
>>
>>19545997
You offered zero proof. I asked you for proof, not your favourite bedtime stories.
>>
>>19545999
yes, because claudius is far more reliable.

>Natural Law
Claudius never mentioned it, must not exist.
>Druids
Claudius never visited the British Isles, must be an expert
>emperor
no reason whatsoever to demonise a foreign speaking, rival civilization a short boat trip away.

fairytales.
>>
>>19546007
I am asking (for the third time now, paddy) for proof that St Patrick and these kings even existed at all, not what your opinion of Claudius currently is. But seing as you are a spudnigger, I am not expecting much from you anyway.
You got nothing, paddy.
>>
>>19546015
just watch this a stfu

Crom Cruach, Tigernmas, Kolbrin, Senchus, Primer, Etruscan/Welsh language.

I've given you more proof than you can understand. If youre so sure im wrong, read them and do a wee report on them.

Patrick was one of these Culdean types, (i suppose collapsed monestaries are not solid enough proof they existed, funilly enough, until the roman pope hadrian donated ireland to the viking king of england, who burned abbeys across the UK, john signed the magnacarta (not what you were taught it is, it took rights away from people)

a history book and and a pinch of salt about "the most trusted historians" tells a huge story, why do you think people in ireland still kill brits? (not as oftennow, ill admit)

The tradition of the Gael is to only write something when it is "dead knowledge", ie common.

our druidic books are from around 600AD-1900AD, a simple google search will give you volumes of info.

Give me proof Claudius knew anything about Celtic life. (its a trick, but please do it)
>>
File: YCET.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
YCET.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>19546030
fake news paddy
all fake and gay
>>
>>19546030
>forgot link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL29A3EDB2252713B2&v=YJi0vdMPiPE

this is the otherside of the coin, the truth is similar (written in the books i named for you, and im not going to sum up 4000 years of philosophy for a lazy brit)
>>
>>19546036
fake and gay
try harder faggot
>>
>>19546033
>oh but wheres your proof nigel?

evidence is for the ignorant, poor brit.

we have traditions going back 5000 years. You have a tesco on every corner. Read Claudius,support your royal family.
>>
>>19546042
you got nothing (apart from an extra chromosome or two)
>>
>>19546038
proof?
evidence?

prove something wrong fag, by your own standards, mr mi5
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
They put people in a Brazen Bull and set a fire underneath them.

From the nostrils of the Bull would come their tormented screams and alot of smoke.

They did this because the Bull was a Symbol of an Archon.

Archon means Lord, Master or Ruler.

They were called the Baal or Bel and were seen represented as a Bull.
>>
File: 1504320678462.png (673KB, 640x562px) Image search: [Google]
1504320678462.png
673KB, 640x562px
>>19546046

Hail Mithra

Slaughter the Archons!
>>
>>19546045
I don't do request for faggots and spudniggers. You got teh AIDS
>>
>>19546044
>physical and written evidence
yo got nuffin geezer

>Muh claudius wouldnt lie to me,would he?
in the three sentances he wrote?
>>
File: Salve.jpg (56KB, 571x550px) Image search: [Google]
Salve.jpg
56KB, 571x550px
>>19546051
Butthurt much?
>>
>>19542810
We need more diversity!
>>
File: destroyer.jpg (142KB, 448x930px) Image search: [Google]
destroyer.jpg
142KB, 448x930px
>>19546051
heres some proof before i go, Virgil rewrote the Illyiad as the Aeniad, and other romans rewrote other histories.

recent evidence of a "previously unknown" comet strike in egypt, glass from it was made into a scarab for King Tut.
https://www.space.com/23123-comet-earth-impact-first-evidence.html
>they have no basis for 28million year timescale, none at all.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1354622/Comet-caused-Dark-Ages-says-tree-ring-expert.html
>wow, the same time that Tigernmas began worshipping CromCruach, and suddenly 3/4 of the country died?

Someone check the roman recor...oh, the church leaves it out that they couldnt predict a natural disaster, i wonder why...

the only record i find is a mention (8th century) that saintpatrick caused it. but thats from a verifiable roman catholic record, must be true,like claudius
>>
>>19546074
less law suits by faggots!
>>
File: bananasplits.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bananasplits.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>19546101
fake news, nigger faggot
You got nothing
>>
>>19546204
yeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
Another apologist for human sacrifice? Neil Young.
Neil Young Lyrics:
"Cortez The Killer"

"He came dancing across the water
With his galleons and guns
Looking for the new world
In that palace in the sun.
On the shore lay Montezuma
With his coca leaves and pearls
In his halls he often wondered
With the secrets of the worlds.
And his subjects
gathered 'round him
Like the leaves around a tree
In their clothes of many colors
For the angry gods to see.
And the women all were beautiful
And the men stood
straight and strong
They offered life in sacrifice
So that others could go on.
Hate was just a legend
And war was never known
The people worked together
And they lifted many stones.
They carried them
to the flatlands
And they died along the way
But they built up
with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.
And I know she's living there
And she loves me to this day
I still can't remember when
Or how I lost my way.
He came dancing across the water
Cortez, Cortez
What a killer."

Neil Young, Neil Young. What a faggot.
>>19546216
Fake and gay.
>>
Why is human sacrifice supposed to be so much worse than killing humans in warfare?
>>
>>19546237

because they're helpless
>>
>>19546237
In the case of islam, there isn't much difference really
>>
File: Screenshot (267).png (323KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (267).png
323KB, 1366x768px
>>19546222
neil young is a figment of your imagination
>>
>>19546244
there are more than enough instances were helpless civilians were slaughtered in warfare or prisoners were executed after surrendering

yet, that seems somehow more acceptable than when it was done in honour of a deity
>>
>>19542846
To criminals and prisoners of war.
>>
File: Sign Me Up.png (515KB, 1035x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Sign Me Up.png
515KB, 1035x1440px
>>19546271

who knew, war is dangerous.

but frankly who gives a fuck about enemy civilians.

the point is that for the fighters, hope is a 4 letter word.
>>
>>19546255
>neil young is a figment of your imagination
So is the name of your father on your birth certificate. Fucking midwife threw the wrong thing away too.
>>
>>19546285
i amn't a slave so i dont have one
>>
>>19546288
fuckin' gyppos.
>>
>>19546293
settled since 1764
>>
>>19546237
What would you volunteer in prefererence of being subjected to? Appeasing a random god with blood isn't everyone's first choice.
>>
>>19546337
>get my throat slit by raiders who want to steal my sheep and enslave my children
>get my throat slit by tribe who captured me to spill my blood for their war god

really, why should I care why they do it and what's the difference for me?
and why is the second option so much worse?
>>
File: seal.png (356KB, 682x674px) Image search: [Google]
seal.png
356KB, 682x674px
>>19546430

you can take that attitude on and on until nothing means anything at all
>>
>>19546456
Taking a human life in everything other than a self-defense situation is morally questionable.

Making a huge distinction between "civilized" and "barbaric" reasons to do so is dishonest.

Defending killing "savages" because they do human sacrifices is plain hypocritical.
>>
>>19546430
It's a matter of what's effective. Greater good comes into question, but it's all ideological bullshit. Morals are a evolutionary trait for keeping our species alive. The difference it makes to you would depend on whether you care for those leftover.

>get my throat slit by raiders who want to steal my sheep and enslave my children
In this case, it's a probably a useless death, uneffective to any grand scheme.
>>
File: Cuteideas.png (1MB, 1488x777px) Image search: [Google]
Cuteideas.png
1MB, 1488x777px
>>19546583

>Taking a human life in everything other than a self-defense situation is morally questionable.

the question of leadership is always, 'who will play god'. in order to lead, one must make decisions that no man has a right to make. the difference between self defense and assault has always been semantic.

>Making a huge distinction between "civilized" and "barbaric" reasons to do so is dishonest.

there are in fact civilized reasonings and barbaric reasonings. furthermore, any kind of warfare relies largely on deception. dissimulation was one of the first weapons that life on earth developed, at a microbial and vegetative level.

>Defending killing "savages" because they do human sacrifices is plain hypocritical.

hypocrisy is when you fail to criticize your own thoughts enough. double standards are something different entirely, and perfectly reasonable.

is there really a reason to consider 'human' a group of people who cut out peoples hearts on a pyramid? perhaps. but there are also plenty of reason to consider them animals, that have to be removed so that something greater can take their place. such is the march of civilization.

and really, would such creatures have any right to look up and complain to the conquistador?
>>
File: 128731713.jpg (21KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
128731713.jpg
21KB, 400x299px
>>19542810
>What are some ancient apologetics for human sacrifice? Did they do it just because or did they have a well formulated defense?
Some posit that the Aztecs took their human sacrifices up a notch to deal with decreasing supplies of protein. Overfarming and overhunting led to rampant deforestation (law had to be made to make it punishable by death to cut down a living tree) and the native deer population was hunted to the brink of extinction. Archaeological/Anthropological records also contain evidence for cannibalism (pot containing residue from cooked human bones, marks on human bones, etc).
>http://anthropology.msu.edu/anp363-ss13/2013/04/21/human-sacrifice-and-cannibalism-in-the-aztec-people/
I also have anecdotal evidence that I haven't personally evidence. I heard from a trusted source that it was written in one of the very few remaining Spaniard accounts that when the Aztecs saw that the Spanish had landed and begun a mounted exploration party, they charged them with macuahuitls (pic related), cut their horses in half, and screamed at the retreating soldiers. Later the writer translated that they were screaming for them to come back the next morning so that the Aztecs could enjoy eating their meat with mole sauce.
>>
>>19542810

Jews aren't real
>>
>>19546752

Jews arent real
>>
File: 1503600617368.jpg (19KB, 474x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503600617368.jpg
19KB, 474x500px
>>19546804

when you think you know something, your knowledge becomes like wood, instead of like a tree.
>>
File: both seals.png (186KB, 312x599px) Image search: [Google]
both seals.png
186KB, 312x599px
>>19546800
>>
>>19542810
Really depends on the culture and time period. The values of those that did commit human sacrifice are simply different than that of our modern society, for the Europeans who did it, there wasn't anything wrong with it, therefore nothing to justify.
>>
>>19542810
This video explains idea of humansacrifices pretty well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNJq6BlVyhM
>>
>>19546030
The Etruscan and Welsh languages have literally nothing to do with each other. You might as well have said "the Japanese/Welsh language" for all the sense it makes.

Also what's the current /x/ fascination with the Etruscans and saying pseudo-historical nonsense about them? I know they've been used as [mysterious Mediterranean civilization Y] for a while, but never to this degree.
>>
>>19545974
you some kinda dark lord of the vril senpai
>>
>>19545090
Yes.
History must be always be percepted through the eyes of the people who lived through that era. Hammurabis code looks terrible through the modern insight but at the time it was a very lighthearted law...
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.