[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/omg/ - Occultism & Magick General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 59

File: BABALON.jpg (186KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BABALON.jpg
186KB, 1000x1000px
A.'.A.'. Aspiration Edition

/sum/ pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW

The Ape of Thoths' Library:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
>>19089927
Bump. Where has everyone been?
>>
File: egg.jpg (74KB, 590x607px) Image search: [Google]
egg.jpg
74KB, 590x607px
>>19090013
Bump. Good question, I'm working atm.
>>
>>19090033
As am I. I just noticed the other thread died a slow and painful death, then nobody created a new one. Do you know anything about sex magick, anon?
>>
>>19090058
>Do you know anything about sex magick, anon?
I do but perhaps not much, what does your question pertain to?
>>
>>19090079
Go to a doctor.
>>19090085
I'm interested in employing it in an elemental evocation I plan to do. I know that's not a very high or exalted operation, but i'd like to get a better feel before moving on to using it in Goetic and/or Enochian work, etc. I believe Ape said orgasm should occur at the moment of manifestation...I have heard some methods where no orgasm should occur, and some where they say it should occur until complete exhaustion ensues. I believe Ape was referring to the "offering of sex" mentioned in the pastebin though. Do you have experience with that sorta thing?
>>
>>19090102
not an expert but I'm under the impression that
>methods where no orgasm should occur
are mostly for subtle body manipulation, not evocation per se. Ape's probably referring to the sex-as-offering. working for complete exhaustion is probably to induce a trance state and would presumably be a prelim to an evocation where if there's an offering it's something else.
>>
>>19090121
Ok, thanks. There are so many different traditions that utilize sex as a component, it's hard to know what applies most effectively to what. I guess that's what experimentation is for!
>>
I'm incredibly new to this stuff.
I'm curious about where to start researching this stuff. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?
>>
>>19090212
"Beginner's Folder" in the mega link in OP is a generally good place to start, depending on what you're looking for, of course. I would say read all 4 parts of Liber ABA, but that's too in depth for some folks from what I hear.
>>
Can anyone explain the inverted pentagrams of Liber Reguli? I know they are "averse" but why, and why particularly in this context?
>>
File: Q0K.jpg (59KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Q0K.jpg
59KB, 480x480px
>>19090212

Generic Reading List:

Tao Te Ching
Liber 1
Psychic Self Defense
Practical Taoism
Falun Gong
Secret Teachings of All Ages
A New Model of the Universe
Prometheus Rising
Low Magick
Corpus Hermeticum
The Fourth Way
Nag Hammadi
The Doctrine of Awakening
Astral Dynamics
Revolt Against the Modern World
Ride the Tiger
Kali Kaula
Visual Magick
Burst of Breath
Chicken Qabalah
Awakening Ground
Sefer Yetzirah
One Year Manual
Book 4 Part 1 - Mysticism
Book 4 Part 2 - Magick
Book 4 Part 3 - Magick in Theory and Practice
Book 4 Part 4 - The Law
Liber 6
Liber 777
Liber 111
The Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic
Three Books of Occult Philosophy
The Book of Ceremonial Magick
The Psychick Bible
Liber Null
Condensed Chaos
Book of Lies
Book of Thoth
78 Degrees of Wisdom
The Tarot of Awakening
The Way of the Crucible
Real Alchemy
Prime Chaos
Liber Kaos
Liber 800
>>
So I was trying to get some info on IX and XI degrees of OTO (yes I know Ape hosts the materials) and found this:
http://www.parareligion.ch/2009/secret/secrets.htm

some of it seems like wild speculation, but I also see stuff in there that is relatively accurate from the little I DO know. The only reason I have interest in these secrets is, of course, to utilize them. What do y'all think?
>>
>>19090319
By this I mean the first 4 bullet points. I see lower down that it reads like a smear campaign by a butthurt inept.
>>
>>19090319
>What do y'all think?

That it really reminds me of that tinfoil freemasonry site that is also wild speculation/taxil hoax/christfag propaganda. Which means it probably is.
>>
>>19090341
Yeah the guy seems like a nut, especially talking about semen (as the male aspect exlusively) being so important...but then his mention of the anal isolation thing made me think MAYBe he vaguely knew what he was talking about. It reads like a schizo too, as there are moments of clarity followed by absolute nonsensical conjecture.
>>
>>19090398
But then again, he's not doing anything that Dion Fortune didn't do...only he's doing it to a greater extent.
>>
Ask a former OTO member (IV) anything.
>>
In the Greater Rites of the Pentagram and Hexagram, is one supposed to "charge" them by lunging the wand/Sign of Enterer? Or is this done when the zodiac sign/planet sign is drawn therein? Thanks.
>>
>>19090458
Why Former?
>>
>>19090467
Just lost interest and stopped attending.
Still in friendly terms with old brothers.
>>
>>19090477
So did you violate your oath in any way? Are you still pursuing the Work?
>>
>>19090462
Depends on whether you belong to a "traditionalist" practice group or not.
In OTO you are taught to (i) draw the glyph with want or finger, (ii) "launch" the subtle glyph using sign of the enterer, (iii) move to new quadrant, (iv) repeat.
>>
>>19090481
I definitely (hope I) am still pursuing the great work, in fact I am convinced that my true will is leading me to do more practical things with my life.

Never violated my oaths.
>>
>>19090486
I was wondering because even Thelemapedia and hermetic.com don't seem to say to do anything except draw the zodiacal and planetary sigils in the middle. So is the vibration of the names suppused to happen during the Enterer sign, or during the drawing?
>>
>>19090496
I was taught to vibrate during the drawing, then project through sign of enterer.

In the end, it doesn't really matter - it's all in your head regardless. What I mean is that ultimately ceremonial practices are just an interface into your own reservoir of magickal power, so as long as you "feel" something is right, then it probably is right. One of the most gifted practicioners I have ever met was quite creative, if not straight up shamanistic, in thelemic / golden dawn ceremonial rituals. He was the most "powerful" in our lodge and yet, he was not necessarily the most erudite.

Though I admit that even I, when I started practicing banishing rituals daily, was obsessed with learning the "right" form. Nothing wrong with that.

It also depends on your group / lodge: some are very academic, some are more shamanistic. Conform to what your group is doing so you are in sync with them.
>>
>>19090508
>I started practicing banishing rituals daily, was obsessed with learning the "right" form. Nothing wrong with that.
I figure in order to break the rules you ought to know what they are and how they apply. The way you describe is kind of what I assumed, anyway. Thanks.
>>
>>19090494
What do you mean you hope you are? IDK what the O.T.O. grades are equivalent to in the G.'.D.'. system, so have you had or are you working toward the K&C of HGA yet? What comes next?
>>
>>19090523

"Hope" means I am humble in my pursuit, because ego is the greatest threat to succeeding.

With that said, if you think you will attain K&C of your HGA as a consequence of organisational rank, I suspect you might be mistaken (or, even worse, if you think it to be the consequence of hitting up a few Abramelins / Liber Samekhs).

Initiatory grade in a given organisation and level of personal initiation are very different things, in my humble experience.

Anyway, I don't actually believe there is a discrete event that coincides with the initiation of communication with your HGA.

I think, in the best of cases, the best among us are able to eventually have some vague intuitions here and there of what message the HGA is sending and act accordingly. Then there are the very few who actually attain samadhi (or direct communication with HGA, or whatever you want to call it), but even just hoping or wishing to attain samadhi is the peril of Daath, in my opinion. So I keep silent, do my work and do my best without deluding myself into any illusion of control.
>>
>>19090573
Oh? You don't think you are conflating two things by using Samadhi and K&C interchangably? The reason I ask in relation to grades is because there are indeed some orders where K&C of HGA is one of the tasks required of a certain grade, which must be completed in order to proceed to the next grade. Now, I do not necessarily believe that Order grade=Personal grade. I absolutely do not think it occurs because some order confers a rank on you. And I certainly understand the tenet of yoga that it should be done in and of itself, for itself, and not with the purpose of necessarily getting somewhere with it.

For someone who is concerned about your ego you seem to be masturbating it a lot by presuming to know what I meant to say.
>>
Does anyone have a link to Robert Anton Wilson's Cosmic Trigger vol. 2?
>>
>>19090573
What say you of >>19090226
?
>>
>>19090595
It was just a "generic you" - if it means anything, I used to think personal initiation and order initiation were a lot more interchangeable when I joined OTO.

With regard to your point on HGA vs. samadhi, refer to:

"So we need not be surprised if the Unity of Subject and Object in Consciousness which is Samadhi, the uniting of the Bride and the Lamb which is Heaven, the uniting of the Magus and the God which is Evocation, the uniting of the Man and his Holy Guardian Angel which is the seal upon the work of the Adeptus Minor, is symbolized by the geometrical unity of the circle and the square, the arithmetical unity of the 5 and the 6, and (for more universality of comprehension) the uniting of the Lingam and Yoni, the Cross and the Rose."
[Aleister Crowley, The Equinox I, 4]

Also bear in mind that HGA is a fluid concept for Crowley. How he defined it at the beginning of his career quite very different from how he defined it at the end (a sort of higher-self in the former case, an independent, fatherly / brotherly deity in the latter).
>>
>>19090618

Refer to the three posts on the matter by the highly regarder Jim Eshelman, here:

http://www.heruraha.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6042#wrap
>>
>>19090647
Well I know he subscribed to the psych model early on, and the spirit model later, and also that what is true for one grade may in fact be false in another grade.

Also, looks like he is saying they are all symbolized in the same manner/parts of a larger whole, but not that they are the same thing, no? He calls the "unity of subject and object in consciousness" Samadhi, and the K&C "the seal upon the work of the Adeptus Minor." Am I missing something?
>>
File: Crime_Scenes_the_Parking_Lot.jpg (258KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Crime_Scenes_the_Parking_Lot.jpg
258KB, 600x450px
Holy crap.
So, last time I was here - Monday I think.
I was talking about how I got in a fight with my Abrahamic family and how I couldn't get past page 150 in Dark Shamans because half of the book is Academic filler.
Then I was gonna go work on the Blue Book.
Right when I open up my spreadsheet a weird ass freak wind storm blows through.
Suddenly, no shit, the house gets struck by lightning.
It blew out one of the TV's, the internet router, and I had the laptop plugged into the wall and I got shocked for all of 2 seconds.

So, holy fuck I got smited.
I guess I'm moving up in the world.
>(It's a joke - I know the correct word is not "Smited")

>>19090242
Do you have this in a word doc for copy paste purposes?
I mean - I think this is the only thing I've seen you say for the past 3 weeks.
Which is sad.
I don't want us to have to be this way - pale imitations of ourselves.
Doomed to copy and pasting for eternity.
>>
>>19090837
Wow...
Where the hell has everyone been, anyway? I know people have lives and all, but considering how many every-day regulars there seemed to be I am surprised it has been running so slow lately.
>>
>>19090837
Atleast nobody got hurt, I hope?
>>
>>19090837
I hope you're alright, you feeling ok? I'm assuming you had protection on you right? (spiritually)
>>
Have a good night, all. I hope the thread stays alive.
>>
>>19090865
I have no clue.

>>19090874
No serious injuries, unless you count the TV, cable box, and router that burned up leaving me alone with the academic filler copy hell that is Neil Whitehead.
I'd like to give that bitch that poisoned his Ichabod Crane looking ass a big fat medal and a pay raise - cause left to his own devices his writing is unfuckingbearable.
I just keep hoping page after page there will be some more witness testimony because that is this book's saving grace.
>>
>>19090986
Something must've caught your intrigue about the book, or else you wouldn't be reading it?
>>
File: P0G.gif (339KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
P0G.gif
339KB, 300x240px
>>19090837

Yes, I do have it saved for the sake of being lazy, to flop on aspiring magelets. Unless inspired, I've often little to say these days, so I say little. The lion's share of my time is spent performing daily practices, with study/refinement and civilian necessities occupying most of what remains. Frankly speaking, I'm sorely tempted these days to just roll with it and walk the earth, as one does.

Hopefully yourself and family are uninjured after this incident? I might suggest keeping an eye out for any raining frogs or locusts, considering you nearly got your sinner ass (meant playfully, due to your previous interactions with your family) smoted by lightning.
>>
I do have a question. I'm a noob when it comes to sour jars. I filled a mason jar with vinegar, wrote the couples names three times (so one is crossed over the other, like a tic tac toe board) wrote my petition on the back of the paper, ripped it in half so the names are back to back and not touching. I then shook the jar repeating the petition that I wrote three times, as I felt it was enough. I lit a black candle on top of the jar, after anointing it with vinegar and repeating the petition once more.

I haven't added anything else, but I am looking for poppie seeds and sulfur online. As both can enhance the infighting and end it with a 'bang'! Can I ad this to the jar after I have done the above? What's the waiting time before you start seeing results?
>>
Can anyone give me suggestions for powerful male symbols to focus on? I've felt very "on" and like I'm making good changes in my life, I want a symbol to carry and think of to keep myself in this mindset and power myself.
>>
>>19089927
what happened to the OP from the last thread?
I remember that had the old pastebin that had a ton of useful shit.
>>
>>19090837
We had lightning hit our house too.
Dont worry, it's not so bad.
also to our car.
I recommend a circuit protecting outlet.
The high-end ones, particularly(insurance is best).
It's worth it, trust me.
After hundreds of wasted dollars this has saved my ass many times.
And don't feel bad like you got smote.
This happened to us before I was into the dark side.
Shit just fucking happens, sometimes :3
>>
>>19090865
Trying to enjoy my four weeks paid vacation mate.
>>
File: Egypt.jpg (187KB, 800x583px) Image search: [Google]
Egypt.jpg
187KB, 800x583px
>>19091430
I think it depends on the person. If they are susceptible to misfortune or are weak willed then it shouldn't take long.

>>19091519
Try Mar's alchemical symbol. Don't forget to ground yourself.

>>19091551
It's here if you need it.
http://www.pastebin.com/vykjqnZW

>>19091654
Are you visiting any interesting places, Ape?
>>
>>19091820
Not unless you count my local national parks.
>>
Have there been any "new" magick movements/system or whatever in the last 20 years? Like the latest one I'm aware of is chaos magick in the 70s
>>
File: Vessel of Our Lady.gif (201KB, 570x916px) Image search: [Google]
Vessel of Our Lady.gif
201KB, 570x916px
>>19091892
Cultus Sabbati.
>>
>>19091859
Leave something witchy. :3

Don't forget to scavenge.
Some supplies are easy to carry out - pine cones, sweet gum pods, feathers, small clusters of flowering plants, small rocks.
You get it.

>>19091064
Witness testimonies.
I don't care (much) what the anthro has to say.
All of that is just filler to raise the page count.
What do the locals say?
That's where you get the good stuff.
Their thoughts and words are the important things in this book.
I think if you really wanted to have a good understanding of the topic it would require going to Guyana and living for years with these ethnic groups, gaining their trust, and learning as much practical info on the topic as you can from them.
Including from the Kanaima themselves, which would require some time consuming but valuable trust building.
I mean, don't just "study" your topic for pay - get in there and get your brain dirty and live it.
Live it like you love it and you will never "work" a day in your life.
I was hoping there would be more of that type of thing in here, but I'm almost at the end now, and I feel...disappointed.
I think the author "can't see the forest, fer the trees".
And maybe yeah he went to Guyana, but I don't see anything here that tells me that he did that type of intensive relationship building to be able to really give wisdom or understanding on the topic.
So, in the end it's just another exercise in showing off vocabulary skills.
I'll still give In Darkness and Secrecy a try.
There are not many books on Shamanism that aren't new agey twinkle twinkle and Disney talking animals.
At least, not that are commonly accessible.
I'll skim until I see some kernels of gold.
>>
>>19092210
Please check your email when you can Palo. <3 If you aren't able to send me the sigil then I understand.
>>
I picked up a Golden Dawn self-initiation book and it's proven rather enlightening. I just have a few questions

Is the Tattwa method the easiest way to practice Astral Projection?
Is it advisable to practice other methods of Magick while working with Golden Dawn methods? (I.e., Dragon Book of Essex, etc.)
Is Qabalah the best study to contact the H.G.A., and if not what (else) is?
And finally, I've noticed Enochian is regularly called the perfect synthesis of the Golden Dawn method, with that in mind, should I begin with Enochian or should I start at the 'bottom' and work my way towards it?
>>
I have heard tales about telepathy and empathy. Some say that a person can sense the thoughts and feelings of others, and feel connections with others even at a large distance. To know the true contents of the hearts of men, even without having any spoken words between subject and object. I have even heard some claim that such a thing is necessary for sympathetic magick of any kind, and that it runs deeper than simply reading body language.

There are many experienced occultists here, and I feel no shame in asking for guidance. What should I read to better understand this subject? What should I meditate on, and what practices should I do in order to improve my abilities in the way described? Any advice would be very appreciated.
>>
So what are some occult uses for bird parts? I have an infestation of Starlings and I want to know if I can at least recycle some of the horrid little bastards.
>>
>>19094002
Bird bones can be used in osteomancy. You would probably want to start with a live bird for a ritual/clean slaying, though.
>>
>>19093886
Kegel exercises, I guess. Look for Pegym.
>>
>>19093879
I would think it's best to have a grounding in standard AP first. Working other systems should not be a problem AFAIK. Qabalah is great to study for everything, in my personal opinion. I would not worry about K&C of HGA just yet, though. There are numerous ways to achieve it (Abramelin, Agrippa, Samekh, etc.). I would not start with Enochian but apparently a lot of people do, unsuccessfully.
>>
>>19093879

>Is the Tattwa method the easiest way to practice Astral Projection?

The easiest way to practice AP is the way that all experienced people do it. That is, to meditate and develop yourself to the point where you can sit, relax, close your eyes, and induce an OBE (there are various kinds, AP being one of them). Granted, the methods of GD and other systems may be a useful psychological aid, but they should not be used as a crutch IMO.

>Is it advisable to practice other methods of Magick while working with Golden Dawn methods? (I.e., Dragon Book of Essex, etc.)

Learn and practice everything you can. The only harm you will see is what you bring with you. Those who say otherwise are more interested in superstition than the occult science, or mysticism.

>Is Qabalah the best study to contact the H.G.A., and if not what (else) is?

The HGA is a metaphor. (That is, the knowledge; it is just another metaphor for enlightenment, liberation, nondual realization, etc. The conversation could mean a number of things, but if you get experienced with AP you can really get that conversation whenever you want...) In reality all systems of mysticism are focused on the same goal. Practice what you wish. Work with the systems which most speak to you, personally.

>And finally, I've noticed Enochian is regularly called the perfect synthesis of the Golden Dawn method, with that in mind, should I begin with Enochian or should I start at the 'bottom' and work my way towards it?

In my honest opinion, the entire Enochian system is based on the lies of conmen. It may work, simply because magick is directed will and any ritual pieces are just aesthetic choices in the long run, or it may not. Everything in magick depends on you. The system is just an aesthetic choice for the most part (though some systems do contain philosophical teachings which may prevent a person from practicing effective magick or achieving enlightenment).
>>
>>19094356
>K&C is a metaphor
Yup, several months' preparation, after years of experience, to induce a metaphor.
>>
Does anyone know the name of the Crowley book where he talks about the effects of heroin and cocaine on the magician, specifically?

Also, anyone read Liber XXXI? It reads like a textbook case of ascended master syndrome. lel.
>>
can anyone help me with this ? what does it mean ?

all I know is that it's the seal of venus
>>
Bump

How have you all instilled the discipline in yourselves necessary for magickal practice? I know Yoga helps, but what other tricks have you all developed?
>>
>>19094937
Having a daily ritual schedule. Liber Resh helped me to established that. I am also beginning to get into asana and work on my pranayama upon waking and prior to sleep. It's kinda like, you have to motivate yourself to do the practice, and the more you stick to/add to your schedule the more it helps you stick to it. Or, I should say, helps me stick to it. It's kind of a paradox, for me, in that respect.
>>
Is Liber Falxifer/Qayin worship bullshit? Is it just some obscure Argententian cult made up for a book or what?
>>
>>19092798
Nope - I will be sending.
Sorry for the delay.
I get all caught up in things.
You will have my undivided attention this coming Tuesday, and I will mail it out to you on Wednesday.
I may have to go make a craft store run, but this will happen this week.
>>
>>19090986
>I have no clue.

That was noticed a long time ago. Glad to see that you finally realized it.
>>
>>19094002
Feather fans.
Or, feather talismans.
Or, ya know, pillow stuffing.

>>19094418
Somewhere, someone is laughing.
Turn of the century white bread shit is written for the least self aware people to have ever existed.

>>19094957
I call bullshit, honestly.
But, there are lots of things that are just made up for a book.
And then someone, somewhere has just enough faith/mental instability to get it to work.
>>
>>19095110
>written for the least self aware people to have ever existed.

I mean, a large portion of the Crowley Corpus is dedicated to helping the aspirant *become* self aware.
>>
File: Q0D.jpg (75KB, 600x695px) Image search: [Google]
Q0D.jpg
75KB, 600x695px
>>19094937

Unified intent among the selves. If you're uncertain about whether all parts of you are united, then it's likely they're not. The psychological model in particular is useful (I feel) for instilling unity and understanding; Communicating clearly with the (often) less accessed/understood parts of the self. While it may be derided by some, Bluefluke's field manual does offer useful insights in to this in a civilian/neophyte friendly manner. Reprogramming yourself(s) in to a state more conducive towards further development is prudent as a short/mid term goal. Start small, work your way up until you no ronger rack a disciprine.

Lay the foundation before attempting to build the castle, and all that.
>>
>>19095127
I feel like it's less complicated than that. To me this kind of discipline is on similar level to someone who needs to lose weight motivating themselves to maintain a workout schedule, or a diabetic who needs to maintain a snack schedule. I feel like the motivation itself is like any other motivation...just that the direction in which that motivation is pointed varies. that's just me n muh feelies, though.
>>
>>19095110
>Turn of the century white bread shit is written for the least self aware people to have ever existed

What makes you say that? There was plenty goofiness around groups like the Golden Dawn but they produced remarkable results and interesting individuals, isn't that the point?
>>
>>19095144
And just like losing weight proper magickal discipline requires a fundamental change in lifestyle
>>
>>19095271
Right? Golden Dawn spawned THE most influential Western occultists since the 19th century.
>Crowley
>Waite
>Regardie
>Westcott
>Mathers
>Bennett
>Firth
>>
>>19095276
Seems more like the discipline is what leads to the changes in lifestyle, rather than the other way around. In my personal opinion.
>>
>>19095289
She might be referring to more popular movements like spiritism and Theosophy which were full of Superstition and orientalist goobledygook. I can't fault those movements too much though because they eventually led to high quality English translations of eastern texts. I have to say I'm getting pretty tired of the "my spiritual path is objectively better than yours" attitude which is common amongst both the trips and anonymous posters here. I get that it's 4chan so people are going to talk shit but for the most part talking down on someone else's vehicle of advancement just makes you look like an egotistical pleb.
>>
>>19095293
>93
I'd say they work hand in hand, seeing the results of your discipline definitely is a motivating factor, in magick and in physical exercise
>>
>>19095301
Unless somebody's vehicle of advancement is Bardon or EA Koetting or someone similar. Then we are just doing them a favor.
>>
File: 1ba6d8f0c77a2a6ed16d9ceb424e6e49.jpg (185KB, 736x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1ba6d8f0c77a2a6ed16d9ceb424e6e49.jpg
185KB, 736x1087px
>>19089927
I am temporally out of retreat to get some supplies in town.

EM AH HO!
All appearances and all existence, suffering and pleasure have a ground,
But 2 paths and 2 results, which show magically as consciousness and unconsciousness.

May all beings become Buddha, perfectly perfect in absolute reality.
The ground of everything is unmixed, and the self-evident great expanse, beyond expressions,
Does not know the name suffering nor pleasure.
If you realize this you are Buddha,
If your do not realize this you are a being that is in the world of suffering.

May all beings realize the true meaning of the unspeakable ground.

The truth of the ground is free of cause and effect, and is only the self-arising awareness.
It is unstained by outer expression, inner thoughts, confirmation, denial,
And is not infected with the darkness of unconsciousness.
This self-arising display is free from errors.

Buddha is this intrinsic awareness. Even when all the worlds are destroyed there is no fear.
There is no attachment to the 5 senses.
In the self-arising awarness, free from thoughts, there are no forms, nor the 5 poisons.

In the continual clarity of awareness, essentially one, the 5 wisdoms emerges.
Of the 5 wisdom, the 5 original Buddhas come. And out of their vast wisdom proceed
The 42 peaceful Buddhas. Out of the power of the 5 wisdoms, the 60 wrathful Buddhas come.

The original Buddha of all,
Hopes all beings who suffer will realize this self-arising awareness and become spontaneously Buddha.
The appearance of the original Buddha,
Manifested in billions of unimaginable ways to help living creatures.
From the beginning, all beings are misled because they can not recognize the awareness of the ground.
When is the beginning? Its is this very moment right now.
>>
File: Vajrayogini (2).jpg (100KB, 705x960px) Image search: [Google]
Vajrayogini (2).jpg
100KB, 705x960px
>>19095346

unawareness about what happens is deception and hallucination.
The state of unawareness is the cause of everything that goes wrong.
From this hallucinating state, there is a subtle hesitating mind of fear.

From this mind of fear there is a separation between 'I' and 'others'.
Including seeing others as an enemy.
Slowly, seperation is getting stronger and begins the world of pain and suffering.

Then comes the emotions of the 5 poisons (ignorance, attachment, hate, pride, and jealousy).
The actions of these emotions are infinite. Beings have no awareness because they are unconscious,
And that is the basis for all things that go wrong.

May all beings recognize the intrinsic awareness.
Inborn unawareness means distraction.
Attributed unawareness means dualistic thoughts to self and others.
Both forms of unawareness are the basis for the hallucinations of all beings.

(1) May all beings who suffer remove the fog of unawareness,
And remove all dualistiche thoughts.
May everyone recognize his own intrinsic awareness!
Dualistic thoughts create uncertainty, from subtle attachment
In the dualistic mind, dualistic tendencies become stronger and stronger.
The activities of grabbing and holding are infinite.
When the fruit of attachment matures, your mind,
is pained and miserable.

(2) May all beings who have desire, grasping, and attachment,
Do not reject desire, neither accept desire and attachment.
Relax your mind in its own natural state,
Then your awareness will come upon itself.

When external objects appear, the subtle mind of fear will arise.
From this fear, the habit of hate becomes stronger and stronger.
Ultimately, hostility arises that causes violence and murder.
When the fruit of hatred ripens, your mind becomes hugely pained and miserable.

(3) May all beings with strong anger not reject nor accept it.
Instead, relax in the natural state.
>>
>>19095316
It's true some degree of discernment is absolutely critical, but even E.A Koetting was helpful to me when I was starting out as he had a pretty simple and easy to copy summoning praxis with a lot of good tips for preparation. Any system can be a vehicle for advancement if you go into it with both an open and discerning mind

Except for Joy of Satan, that system is entirely garbage
>>
File: Yogi_master_Palden.jpg (2MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
Yogi_master_Palden.jpg
2MB, 3456x5184px
>>19095356
When the mind becomes prideful and proud,
There arises in the mind the thoughts of humiliation and rivalry.
If this pride becomes ever stronger and stronger,
You will experience the pain of arguments and abuse.
When the fruit of this ripens you will not find peace of mind.

(4) May all beings that pride hood,
Let your mind rest in the natural state.

Then your consciousness will rise and see equality between all beings.
By making the habit of duality stronger,
By praising yourself and humiliating others,
Your competitive spirit will bring you to jealousy and fights.
What eventually will lead to murders.

(5) May all being with jealous and competitive thoughts,
Do not see those thoughts as enemies.
Relax simply and rest the mind automatically in its natural state.

Being ignorant, unconscious, and distracted makes creatures forgetful,
tired, and bored.
Being unconscious and lazy increases your ignorance.
When the fruit of ignorance rises, your mind will be debilitated.

(6) May all beings who have fallen into the dark pit of ignorance,
See the light of awareness and see the wisdom free from thoughts.

All beings in all worlds,
Are actually indentical to Buddha, the ground of everything.
But because of the misunderstanding of the ground, everything is going wrong,
Whereby beings act without purpose.
The 6 actions are hallucinations like in a dream.
The original primordial Buddha trains beings in all its manifestations.

May all beings reach, without exception, enlightenment in absolute reality.
>>
>>19095362
Koetting has a "for adult entertainment purposes only" disclaimer. Wathcing his videos introduced me to the concept of banishing, butthat's it. Last I heard, He doesn't key his pentagrams to the elements/zodiac signs and as a matter of fact afaik ONLY does the LBRP. I watched one of his "evocation videos" and it was a joke. The guy running the camera is talking half the time, all "oh dude look at the smoke this is totally spooky lol"
>>
>>19095110
Gee Palo, why so judgemental today? Did your sister get on your nerves again?
>>
>>19095362
>teletubby calling anything else garbage
Now you just need to start eating your own shit and squander your families wealth on heroin
>>
>>19095398
What are you even talking about? Are you a Koetting-blower and/or Dietrichtard?
>>
>>19095380
His videos are god awful, but I pirated "Evoking Eternity" and it had some remarkably good step my step instructions for evocation that I adapted into my greater practice. I would never recommend his work to anyone but I was just illustrating that even a clear charlatan such as him can be helpful if he shows up at the right time
>>
>>19095411
What did you need to get from him that you couldn't get anywhere else? There's the invoking rites of the pentagram and hexagram, the Watchtower ritual, the spirit sigil, the incense, the circle and triangle...?
>>
>>19095409
Joy of Satan kiddies get super triggered because they have paper thin skin and no sense of self worth. It's basically a cult where they prey on vulnerable people by promising them secret Satan magic. The only secret is that most of them end up getting molested by meth addled bikers
>>
>>19095422
I mean nothing really, although his preparatory meditations in that book are very helpful to both summoning and necromancy. Again, I would never recommend him to anyone
>>
>>19095427
Yeah it's a fucked up organization. I remember when I first came across it. I wanna say I was in middle school (maybe highschool, IDK how long they have been around) and I was into LaVeyan satanism. I read their entire website, and promptly took a shower so as not to let the grime and much penetrate further. It truly is a predatory system though. like shit-tier scientology.
>>
>>19095409
Why does the mention of scat evoke such immense butthurt? I haven't even brought up the part about getting buttfucked by old men.
>>
File: Ningizzida.png (90KB, 318x324px) Image search: [Google]
Ningizzida.png
90KB, 318x324px
I watched Mr. Koetting randomly alternate between walking around a magic circle swinging a sword and sitting down to meditate. I guess this was to showcase his powerful evocational abilities.

I learned that trying to turn ceremonial magic into a reality show is a non starter, especially if the star does not know what he is doing.

I hope he picks a different deity the next time he decides to embarrass himself.
>>
File: A0V.jpg (345KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
A0V.jpg
345KB, 1152x1536px
>>19095293

This is why I feel the psychological model is of use. The untrained mind likes using tangible things as a frame of reference to establish/break habits. Look at compulsive gaming, facebook surfing, or clicking a pen idly (and driving everyone around you bugfuck insane) when you're not otherwise occupied- Those are compulsions created through repetitive *tangible* actions. One can apply that to instilling discipline in the self (see Liber 3) as an example. It's not even remotely complex in practice, only in explanation- Like moving your body.

>>19095301

There is hypocrisy in this post, friend. You speak against talking down on someone else's vehicle of advancement, yet, immediately you talk down on what could possibly be someones vehicle for advancement (or at least a part of their development in general). Attachments and elitism come in many forms; This is intended as food for thought.
>>
>>19095443
Anon, the only butthurt any of us see anywhere right now is here:>>19095398
and here:>>19095443
>>
>>19095448
It doesn't help that he takes meth for "medicinal and spiritual" purposes. He is almost certainly to scatterbrained to succeed at summoning. I've played around with recording a session of summoning but I'm not sure I work with any entities that would be ok with being recorded
>>
>>19095456
I mean, I honestly think he has some sorta drug issue, but you can perform magical operations on drugs like meth. IDK if anyone saw his talk at a G.'.D.'. event, but I'm preeettty sure he was on some sort of speed. He could NOT sit still.
>>
>>19095470
He got custody of his kid taken away because of Meth addiction
>but you can perform magical operations on drugs like meth.

You can but it requires a lot more discipline and talent then that dude has
>>
>>19095452
M8 I can feel the pure rage of your posts after I brought up crowley.

You guys should just accept that you're wasting your time a with non-system made by a total charlatan, not unlike koetting.
>>
>>19095479
Well, he didn't eat his own shit, for one. however, even if he did, I do not understand the bearing that someone's sexual preferences has on the quality of their ork. the fact that you concern yourself with the lofestyles of others in such an apparently obsessive manner is indicative of some fairly deep-seated issues within yourself, anon. this is basic psychology. you should probably try working on that before it gets away from you. The fact that you brought it up out of nowhere says an awful lot, as well.
>>
>>19095504
Also,
>I can feel the pure rage
displays your very high estimation of yourself and your abilities. this is another thing you will want to work on, because if you ignore these things now they will be 10x harder to defeat when you reach adulthood.
>>
>>19095504
Don't take the bait. There's literally one JoS fag who lurks here and then spills autism all over the thread whenever someone mentions his dumb cult. Notice all he ever does is talk down Crowley and he will never provide proof that his system is worth anything
>>
>>19095289
I can't believe I left out
>George Cecil Jones
!
>>
>>19095523
I know, but in case there is any chance of helping this anon to self-reflect, I had to say SOMEthing. Plus, it keeps the thread bumped. I gotta say though, no one can do it quite like Ape.
>>
>>19095524
You could argue Austin Osman Spare was at least somewhat influenced by G:D
>>
>>19095524
You also forgot Yeats who I would argue is the most important, probably because I love poetry
>>
>>19095534
Sure. I was just talking about actual members. With which I should not have included Firth.
>>
>>19095504
Koetting is a methhead carpet cleaner with annoying followers. Crowley is a heroin addict who destroyed the lives of many of the people close to him and has even more annoying followers.

Crowley is just a less retarded version of koetting.
>>
>>19095541
I left out loads of artists of various kinds...I just don't consider him particularly influential in the occult realm. I'm sure others will disagree
>>
>>19095550
Lol.
>>
>>19095451
>There is hypocrisy in this post, friend.
Are you referring to my statements on Theosophy and the Spiritualist movement? I actually like Mme. Blavatsky a lot and I think she proved herself as a very effective mystic even though she lied clearly about where she was getting her info from. I still subscribe to the Theosophy magazine and as far as I can tell they never evolved beyond her work, which is unfortunate. As for the Spiritualist movement there is a documented history of charlatinism which is very interesting if you're into the history of theatre and special effects.
>>
File: ajam_web.jpg (43KB, 300x368px) Image search: [Google]
ajam_web.jpg
43KB, 300x368px
>>19089927
>>19095378
I hope you all do well!
Now my (second) last post, before I must disconnect and retreat back to the mountains early in the morning.

ALL SUFFERING COMES FROM HOPE AND FEAR. (expectation and disappointment)
Foolish people are not interested in this. Long for freedom and remove all hope and fear.
There are 2 types of Nirvana.
Fake Nirvana and Liberation Nirvana.
The fake nirvana is the feeling of pure bliss attained in deep meditation, which is free from conceptual thoughts.
However the mind quickly becomes attached to this, creating subtle dualistic thoughts.
When this happens shout out loud with a sharp thundering PHET! (without the 'T'), to break the mind from attachments. (phet means 'cut'). Immediately after that, the awareness that recognizes there is no difference between Samsara and (fake) Nirvana and that both are empty of true existence is Liberating Nirvana or Enlightenment.
Maintaining this awareness of emptiness 24/7 in every possible circumstance for the rest of your life is Buddhahood (in this life).
Buddhahood can NOT be achieved without abandoning interests to and severing attachments to country, wealth, possessions, food, clothing, conversation, family, friends, companionship, spouse, and entertainment, fame, status, pleasure, gain, and loss.

The three qualities of ethics, samadhi and insight,
Untainted and proven through direct perception,
Like dry moss, free from the dampness of pretentious falsehood,
I consumed in the space of blazing fire jvala ram.

A religious façade, the jumble of materialism
I surely knew was not the friend of effective practice.
So I tossed the dry ashes of deceit and insensitivity
to the wind from the mountaintop, as the letter yam

Funds given for the living and the dead, a hindrance to freedom,
And the schemes to collect, hoard and invest them to build sacred objects,
I resolved to cleanse away with the clear stream
Of renunciation, detachment and revulsion, as the element kham.
-Kyabye Rinpoche
>>
>>19095550
And pray tell what system do you practice that makes you better than these fools?
>>
>>19095573

Le Joy of Santa
>>
>>19095573
>what do you practice that doesn't involve countless recitations of gay Victorian poetry and heroin binges
Hatha Yoga
>>
>>19095609
Which makes the Hypocrisy cringeworthy for anyone who knows anything about "maxine Dietrich." Literally nobody in the occult community can take that organization seriously. The Neo-Nazis kicked her husband out of their group because she was too crazy and cringeworthy. In other words, Nazis considered her to be bad publicity. Think about that for a moment, if you will.
>>
>>19095618
>Only practicing one limb of yoga
Pleb
>>
>>19095619
The fact that anyone with any education could be duped into believing such a hodge-podge of reality and delusion and fabrication is mind boggling.
>>
>>19095655
>I'm going to use pretentious language to deflect the fact that my "church" is a bunch of neo nazis who diddle kids
>>
>>19095668
Anon, I was referring to believers of JoS.
>>
>>19095568
>based rinpoche
Thanks for posting this, it was a nice read. Enjoy your retreat
>>
File: OxcTxpo.jpg (129KB, 823x1024px) Image search: [Google]
OxcTxpo.jpg
129KB, 823x1024px
>>19095478
>He got custody of his kid taken away because of Meth addiction

Seriously? I had no idea who he was until a friend forwarded the video. Can't say I am surprised.

Feel really bad for his kid and to a lesser extent even "e.a".

I am sure he believes this was somehow destiny and his workings are close to fixing everything. They always do.
>>
>>19095679
Yeeahh he's been busted a couple times. I always find it interesting when people talk of meth "addiction" though. I mean, I know it's considered addicting psychologically and all that, and people binge on it, but it makes me want to say, "go get severely addicted to heroin, then stop, and tell me if you still think meth is 'addicting.'" But I'm not bitter. Lol.

Also, a lot of people give him shit about his carpet cleaning job, which I think is unjustified EXCEPT for the fact that his organization is called "Become a Living God." If it weren't for that I would say 'lay off.'
>>
wtf is quareia?
>>
>>19095717
Apparently, "Quareia is a new and completely open magical school - without basic fees, structures of hierarchy or imbalances of power between students and teachers"

Google is our friend
>>
>>19095702
>Become a Living God.
I do find the premise a little off. But who am I to say it is completely false?

>Meth addiction
Oh, it is a thing to be sure. While it is certainly nothing like opioid addiction, it would be disingenuous to think it far less harmful.

>But I'm not bitter.
If I read that correctly you should be proud.

>Carpet cleaning tech, teaching people how to become literal gods.
A clear sign that becoming a god seems to be ATR these days. This too shall pass.
>>
>>19095751
I don't doubt it is a thing, but no more than is "cocaine addiction," being that neither case produces physical withdrawal symptoms, in my personal experience, while the opiates/-oids most certainly do, and of the most dreadful nature.
>>
File: 501x646_magcig_labdron.jpg (57KB, 501x646px) Image search: [Google]
501x646_magcig_labdron.jpg
57KB, 501x646px
>>19095568
Now here are the instructions for those who wish to practice true spirituality and sincerely and really have to wish to attain Liberation for the sake of all sentient beings.

Depart from your home country and live as a homeless wandering beggar.
Sever yourself from all your friends and your family.
Whenever somebody tells you good or bad things, think of it as if they where commenting on a dead corpse. Abandon all worldly pleasures.
Give away all your possessions. Dress in rags, content yourself with little food and be a loser when it comes to conversations.
Always be in a joyful, happy mood. Do not be annoying to anyone and help whoever you can not matter if that being is higher or lower than you.
If you care for sensual pleasures meditate in graveyards to remove attachments to the body and let the fact that you will die pierce into your heart.
Do not even for a single moment fall into worldly activities or become distracted.
Meditate in remote places like mountains, caves, forests, or rivers.
If you think "This thought is super important and I must meet such and such person or carry out this or that activity and afterwards I will continue my practice" then you have already failed.

If you want some actual real realization. Meditate on devotion for your guru. There are many who sustain stillness and concentration, but devotion as if your life depends on it, merges your mind with Buddha and the mind of you and your guru become one.
When you see the inseparable unity of emptiness, appearance, compassion, and bliss that is all you need.
There is nothing other than that. There is nothing higher to attain than that.

>cont

Dont know when my next break will be, maybe in 7 months.
>>
File: bf1399fe0f7134c5a88a455f563f8250.jpg (145KB, 736x1148px) Image search: [Google]
bf1399fe0f7134c5a88a455f563f8250.jpg
145KB, 736x1148px
>>19095782
View yourself as the central figure inside a mandala. All appearance are the decorations of the mandala; perfect by nature. There is nothing to aim for, there is nothing to meditate on, there is nothing to realize.
The moment you think you are meditating you are already distracted and lost in dualism.
If you think you have made any progress, made any realizations, or attained anything then you are hallucinating. If interpret anything as a 'special' experience you are deluding yourself. Once you have abandoned the path to Buddhahood you are instantly Liberated, although if you think you have abandoned the path you are still clinging to duality. Despite this you can never let go of doing virtues deeds and good deeds for the benefit of all sentient beings.

Do not even try to stop disturbing emotions. Since the nature of reality is fundamentally perfect there is no need to do anything. Negative emotions are spontaneously self-liberated with awareness. Like drawing on water. However in a beginner disturbing emotions arise without the mediator being aware of that, then the path of samsara begins. In any case the awareness will turn back and the beginner will recognize this and think "I was distracted!". and feel regret. This feeling of regret about having been distracted is the driving force to Liberation. In fact this recognition is the Buddha mind itself, there is nothing more to it than that.
The way in which thoughts arise in a common person and a Buddha are exactly the same. The way in which they are liberated is the only difference.
The Buddha sees no difference between samsara and nirvana, and enlightenment.
No difference between stillness of mind and movement of mind.
No difference between thoughts and non-thoughts.
No difference between meditation and post-meditation.
>>
>>19095790
Mmmmmmm, I could sure go for a plate of momos and a nice ice cold lassi right about now.
>>

Anyone have a pdf of "The Language Crystal" by Lawrence William Lyons?

I'd be very grateful!

93/93
>>
File: 1280px-Rabbit_in_spring_grass.jpg (476KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Rabbit_in_spring_grass.jpg
476KB, 1280x960px
>>19095075
Thanks so much! I'm definitely looking forward to putting it to use.
>>
File: planet_table_4.gif (5KB, 406x192px) Image search: [Google]
planet_table_4.gif
5KB, 406x192px
>>19089927
Can someone explain to me a bit about the 7 archangels? I know there have been many different magical systems throughout time, but I was kind of confused why Gabriel is the angel of the moon in both the 7 Archangels system and the Kabbalah; while Michael and Raphael have switched places. Is it because Michael is the guardian angel of the PHYSICAL / 3rd dimensional Sun while Raphael is the guardian of the sphere of the sun? And is this why some of the planets Guardian angles are different than the ones who are in charge of the Kabbalistic spheres?

Also: Can someone red pill me on the Planetary spirits and Intelligences? I Haven't really ever heard anything about them.
>>
How do I start myself into the occult, Magick, and summoning?
>>
>>19095999
Well judging by those dank trips you're already starting.
>>
>>19090242

omg soo many books...
>>
File: J0O.jpg (26KB, 236x321px) Image search: [Google]
J0O.jpg
26KB, 236x321px
>>19095999

Study, practice, meditate. Refer to the following post for my suggested Wizard 101 reading list.

>>19090242
>>
>>19091820
They seem to be surrounded with some sort of drama constantly. Misfortune: does that count as forced relocation because of being fired from a job, divorced parents, and troubled love life? I wouldn't say weak willed, but they are susceptible to mind games and the opinion of others.
>>
>>19095448
Aren't his magic circles all bullshit, anyways? He doesn't use a proper circle of Solomon.
>>
>>19093982
You should start taking the steps to reach your goal by beginning with visualization and symbolization.

You have to learn the 'thought' of a triangle so to speak, visualize it in your head. Get used to knowing what things are intuitively, this is important. You do not want to be naming 'triangle' in your head but rather see the symbol in your head.

One exercise to work on is learning to count without naming/speaking numbers in your mind. Can you think of 1 without having your head say 'one'? Figure out a way...symbolization. Practice this with 1-10.
>>
>>19095782
>When you see the inseparable unity of emptiness, appearance, compassion, and bliss that is all you need.
>There is nothing other than that. There is nothing higher to attain than that.

>Fake Nirvana and Liberation Nirvana.
>The fake nirvana is the feeling of pure bliss attained in deep meditation, which is free from conceptual thoughts.

Buddhism

*claps*
>>
I'm getting some conflicting info about Bune.

Some sources associate him with the Sun and others with Venus. Which is correct?
>>
>>19089927
is that X through the O a Slenderverse Reference?
>>
>>19096691
I had the same issue, hopefully someone can clarify.
>>
Is Western occultism really so closely intertwined with Judaism?
Is there really no other way but to adopt Semitic ritual?

Send Help
>>
>>19096734
Embrace the shekels anon, it's the only way.
>>
>>19096734
You could look to Eastern systems instead if you want to avoid Abrahmic stuff
>>
>>19096734
It's not semitic at all. It was very Western in origin.
Jews stole it from Egyptians.
Egyptians turn out to be Celts
It originates from Druids
See: Michael Tsarion: The Irish Origins of Civilisation
>>
Any info on Liber ק vel Gnosticorum Missa Minor? In the technical libers of Thelema this is numbered 186

What is the liber exactly about? Thoth´s library does not have it and don´t seem to find any info about it on the Internet
>>
>>19097590
>Liber ק vel Gnosticorum Missa Minor
>missing
Probably a redacted mass.
Like The Cactus was about peyote.

>>19095782
>>19095568
>Dont know when my next break will be, maybe in 7 months.
That's a shame. It's going to be a long three years.

This practice is rough. I have so many questions but have to rely on the Buddha within and the Goddess; I did not expect the latter to be quite so cryptic in addressing questions on Right Practice given absence of other more direct/authoritative advice.

You're surely are back in the mountains so I'm probably posting at the wind - would working with Rahu be advisable at my stage? I've got an eclipse thing and I'm wondering how far I can take it.

>>19095816
I should make some butter tea when I get home if I can manage it.

>>19095961
Read some Agrippa and clean up your question. My first instinct is to say Levi fucked with some attributions for the Pentagram rite and it stuck but I don't have access or the time to check on that.
>>
>tfw you see someone you don't know posting quotes from your Tantraloka scans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pZa8YobAeg
>>
>>19096707
>early 20th century
Yep, that's exactly what it is.
>>
>>19096293
Not necessarily. I'm not defending the guy, but you don't particularly need to use Solomon's circle. A circle can be devised to conform to pretty much any system of belief (See the Thelemic Circle, for instance) and it can be simple or complex. I'm inclined to say the skill of the practitioner has something to do with it as well.
>>
Can someone please tell me what exactly are the mechanics of Liber Resh? I mean, for instance, the 4 Godforms (Shu for "Hail unto...Ra," Thoum-aesh-neith for "Hail unto...Ahathoor," Auromot for "Hail unto...Tum," and Set for "Hail unto...Kephra") So basically, it's a bit confusing as to who exactly is being invoked...is it just an invocation/adoration of 4 different aspects of Ra? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>>19098352
To appreciate and understand the 4 aspects you should also incorporate and treat them as mini-Equinox and Solstices and their respective attributions. If you cannot differentiate between the elements then you probably have no idea what you are doing.

Dawn: all four L.V.X. Signs (Osiris Slain, Isis Mourning, Typhon, and Osiris Risen)
Noon: Sign of Fire, Thoum-aesh-neith (4°=7#)
Sunset: Sign of Air, the God Shu supporting the sky (2°=9#)
Midnight: Sign of Water, the Goddess Auramoth (3°=8#)
>>
>>19098352
Aaaany-way, does anyone who is helpful and not trying to puff up their ego have any input? Thanks.
>>
>>19098472
I dunno.

Is there anyone who isn't eager to bite the hand they literally just requested spoonfeed them who has a question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRNIemuKK2U
>>
>>19098377
You do realize you answered zero (0) of my questions, right? And also that there are 2 or 3 different attributions of the elements to the cardinal directions?
>>
>>19098480
I seem to remember you saying that OTO used the standard elemental attributions/signs for Resh? I just don't see why me asking a questions warrants a "you don't know what you're doing" response. Obviously, or else I wouldn't be asking!
>>
I just read that bill Breeze basically couldn't or didn't even follow thru on his A.'.A.'. Probationer oath. How in living hell did he Become Hymaneus Beta?
>>
>>19098511
>I just don't see why me asking a questions warrants a "you don't know what you're doing" response
It doesn't. Just asking a question gets me to type out a measured and thoughtful response.

Seeing you whine about not being given one that you like fast enough makes me delete my measured and thoughtful response to chastise you.
>>
>>19098533
APE, chastising ME for shitposting. lel.
>>
>>19098533
Funny pic by the way. One of the things that worries me the most if they ever actually did impeach the president is that THAT asshole would be running the country.
>>
>>19098519
The literal audiotapes of his conversation(s) establishing the legal organization of the Caliphate and his election minutes are in the library.

Basically, he promised the EC shitloads of money be commercializing the Crowley legacy.

You see how well THAT turned out, with Holy Books out of print for so long that he lost copyright on them when the Conjoined Creation edition from Dirge dropped.

Now, to play devil's advocate, that's not to say he's incapable of the Work. One would assume that if he's functioning as an occasional Imperator in the Gunther Lineage (with Gunther as Praemonstrator and Starr as Cancellarius), then he's done the supervised work. We know he was studying under students of Achad while he was in Canada before he bailed for Gunther, so one can safely assume that perhaps he just wasn't interested in Seckler's lines of authority or methods of instruction.
>>
>>19098556
>e know he was studying under students of Achad while he was in Canada before he bailed for Gunther, so one can safely assume that perhaps he just wasn't interested in Seckler's lines of authority or methods of instruction
Ok, that's a bit reassuring. I just saw what Motta had to say on the subject.
>>
>>19098563
I'm not saying Gunther or Breeze are reliable lineal authorities, just that there's a big difference between "telling any given 'guru' to go fuck themselves" and "being incapable of the Work".
>>
>>19098581
I see the distinction. I certainly Have faith in neither of them from what I have seen and heard. I just had the impression that Motta was a breddy gud guy with a bad rap. Ya never know though, I suppose.
>>
>>19098594
>I just had the impression that Motta was a breddy gud guy with a bad rap.
I'm probably the most sympathetic person to Motta you'll meet outside of one of his hardliners.

He was paranoid. Probably not crazy but the dude was a few fries short of a happy meal. This is pretty clear in "Intelligence Services are not Intelligent" (on the other hand, one wonders how the FBI files on Parsons and Hubbard grew so thick).

A lot of the problems people cite with Motta don't really make me squirm. It's the 'with us or against us' shit. I highly doubt Motta was using the full body nudes for masturbatory purposes, for example, and why should one care either way? I'm much more concerned about the fatalistic attitude he carries.

It's really a shame Claudia fucked off back to Brazil to teach English/Lit.

I dunno if she's even still alive anymore. Last communication from Soror KA was seventeen years ago.
>>
File: M0F.jpg (13KB, 236x234px) Image search: [Google]
M0F.jpg
13KB, 236x234px
>>19098352

Communion of the selves. Rather than ask we, who are not you, why *you* do things, you should ask yourself. Each of yourselves have their own native languages, it may benefit you to further your understanding of the selves you wish to commune with.
>>
>>19089927
Can I really do magic?
>>
>>19098631

kek. maybe.
>>
I finished the Sefer Yetzirah recently and have come away very divided on it's system.
On the one hand, the thesis, antithesis, synthesis system embodied by Alef, Mem, and Shin, along with it's development in the Tree of Life, strike me as profound and sensible on both the microcosmic and microcosmic levels. The same can be said for it's system of four worlds. That being said, I can't take it seriously when it tries to assign seemingly disparate ideas to the double and elemental letters (I mean I can't see what Sagittarius and and an organ that's only present in livestock have in common), and while it advocates the "paths of wisdom" as the means of action for it's mysticism, the fact that it doesn't organize these paths in the Tree of Life itself, presenting the conflicting systems of later Kabbalists instead, strikes me as very suspect. Are there any Kabbalistic texts, Jewish or Hermetic, that present a more sensible system. The less archaic the better.
>>
>>19098644
>The less archaic the better.
Depends on what you mean by Archaic but I'm constantly blown away by Hekhalot Rabbati.

>the fact that it doesn't organize these paths in the Tree of Life itself
The Tree is a much later development than Sefer Yetzirah; there's probably something on the order of 1200 years between them if we take SY at it's oldest possible linguistic date.
>>
>>19098658
Ape, do you Prefer the Westcott or Kaplan version of Sefer Yetzirah?
>>
>>19098672

I prefer Ape.
>>
>>19098658
Well mostly in the obsession with astrology, although I doubt that can really be excised from the whole thing. I'm in it for meditation and mysticism, not magic.
>>
>>19098672
>Kaplan version
Westcott is an important figure and you should read him.

Kaplan, Scholem, and DCS are not only literal geniuses, but were raised balls deep (through a hole in the sheet) in Kabbalah. They should always take precedence to early Western commentators.
>>
>>19098483

It seems like the Kerubic attributions would be proper to use in this ritual, considering its nature. But I'm no authority on the subject.
>>
>>19098693
>astrology
>I'm in it for meditation and mysticism, not magic.
>implying a difference.

See Liber Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia.
>>
>>19098711
Read it. Meditation on the positions of the stars is fine but that doesn't mean they have mystical influence, especially in such a nonsense system as the Sefer's
>>
>>19098711
Why do you suppose Crowley had the Second Enochian Call written in the back of his copy of Goetia? Also, to pick up an old conversation you and I had, did you know that there are apparently SEVERAL "Learn how to Magicks" books that teach the Watchtower Ritual as THE be-all end-all opening and closing for any and every form of evocation?
>>
File: Chariot_shadai.gif (47KB, 571x633px) Image search: [Google]
Chariot_shadai.gif
47KB, 571x633px
>>19094957
>Qayin worship
Not bullshit.

>Falxifer
Bullshit.

All of the modern Qayinite gnosis flows from Andrew Chumbley. Go to the source.

>>19098728
>the Sefer's
If SY is unappealing perhaps you'd like something a bit later, like the geometric Merkabah?

>>19098731
Playing with Rudd's assumptions? And yes, though I bet not a single one, given they're GD derived, approach an accurate reconstruction.

I don't either, though I bet it's closer than those guys.
>>
>>19098757
Well I'm not sure if I like any astrology in general but sure, what text do I start at.
Also where would I start with hermetic kabbalah, I feel I should branch out a bit.
>>
>>19098757
>ugh I bet not a single one, given they're GD derived, approach an accurate reconstruction.
>I don't either, though I bet it's closer than those guys.
I just think it's funny they give watchtower when there are far less complicated rites for opening non-enochian rituals.
>>
Song of God : Living Gnosis of the Ahgendai

Thoughts?
>>
>>19098788
Shit man IDK how these greentexts keep popping into my comments. I must be accidentally copy/pasting, though I have no Idea how that would happen. retardation, I suppose.
>>
>>19098757
Is there a "corrected" nu Aeon watchtower ritual with updated correspondences publicly available?
>>
>>19098638
The most I have been ever able to do is absorb negative energy and channel it with my fist.

Can you guys go the magic balls and move things?
>>
>>19098817
I don't think so, but you can re-construct it as best you can from the materials Ape hosts, most likely.
>>
So I know how /omg/ feels about E.A Koetting, but does anyone here have an opinion on the youtuber The Grand Infinity, aka The Psycho Sorcerer? I'm new to the occult so I have no way of knowing if he's legit or bullshit, but I like his videos they seem informative and as someone who's more of an auditory learner I'd like to have someone/something to listen to to help supplement my reading
>>
>>19098979

IDK but if you need auditory assistance there are loads of Regardie recordings, reciting rituals, on youtube. You can be sure those are safe to learn from.
>>
>>19098979

Grand Infinity is the only occult youtuber i like

"Dont follow me 100%, treat me as entertainment"
"I might be wrong or right about this"
"Deities may be inside of you or external"
>>
>>19098998
Daily reminder that anyone with an "entertainment only" disclaimer can be safely ignored.
>>
Has anyone noticed how Crowley rags on Dickens (and others) but then can't seem to help but quote and reference his works?
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>19098998
>>19099008
I don't remember him saying that he was entertainment, what video was this?
>>
File: 1445900692692.jpg (81KB, 1024x733px) Image search: [Google]
1445900692692.jpg
81KB, 1024x733px
Can anyone explain the method i should use to make sigils with river mud and/or garden soil?
>>
File: F0F.jpg (66KB, 599x664px) Image search: [Google]
F0F.jpg
66KB, 599x664px
>>19099008

Why? Does it disturb the veils you've chosen to drape over your eyes? Wisdom can be gleaned even from fools, so why choose to run from things that may cause you to reflect on yourself and actually develop? Is there a fear that you may have to consider yourself foolish if you look too closely at another, if one were to look at traits present in oneself from a non-native perspective? Pulling the sheet over your face so you don't have to look at the shadow in the corner that could be either a rapist torture-murder-clown with a rusty keyhole saw or clothing on a hook doesn't change the fact that it's still there.
>>
>>19099123
No, it's because no legitimate Order, teacher, guru, etc. EVER says "for entertainment purposes only." Sure wisdom can be gleaned from fools, but (if you are not talking about "fools" in the Shakespearean sense) primarily in their folly. Nice projections, though.
>>
>>19099101
IDK I never saw the guy i'm just going by what the anon (you?) told me
>treat me as entertainment"

Which is pretty much Koetting's disclaimer
>>
WELP, as of late I have been binge playing Your pretty face is going to hell, of which Henry Zabrowski is a satanist. I'VE also been reading a lot about HR giger and Sil, and his OTO level, and terrible circumstances have fallen upon me.

I NEVER BELIEVED THE PHRASE:

If you study evil, evil will study you.

I'VE found that this is the true understanding of as above, so below.
>>
What do you guys think of solve-et-coagula.us? Also, what is a good Hebrew-English dictionary that will contain the older style hebrew (without the vowel indicators and such) for magick, specifically? Or is the modern Hebrew not that different?
>>
>>19099136
I see, but yeah, like I said I don't recall him ever saying that. He does often say that you shouldn't follow his path specifically, and that he likes to give multiple explanations for things so that the viewer can follow their own path.

Though to be fair his channel description is: Entertainment, responses, and information from a practitioner of the magick arts and long-time occultist.
Although I'd hardly consider that an entertainment only disclaimer.
>>
>>19099156
I see. That doesn't sound so bad. I would think any decent teacher would say things like "don't follow me exactly just because I say so" or "don't take my word for it, try for yourself!" (Which is one of the reasons I really admire Crowley.) Like I said, I know nothing of the guy. Honestly I used to watch a lot of Koetting videos. They were 5 minutes of whatever the title said and 40 minutes of shilling his courses or next public appearance or whatever, a lot of the time. The only thing I got out of it was an intro to the LBRP, which I promptly learned from more reliable authorities.
>>
When one is performing Liber Israfel, What godform(s) does one assume?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtmL5K2p3pA
>>
>>19100339
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0d1_9O00s4
>>
>>19100435
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfMHMjtCygQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccTWAwul2a0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciUUE4Y9iwk
>>
>>19100456
RIP in peace, all ye fallen Scumdogs.
;_;7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WegCne7syEk
>>
>>19100471
a fellow bohab, here?
much more Thoth?
rock on brother.
I swear, fly now was Brockie's own prophecy
>>
File: davebrockieexperience.jpg (107KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
davebrockieexperience.jpg
107KB, 500x667px
>>19100484
Fuck you fag you're gonna make me cry. I was pulling up Falling before I even saw your post.

>>19100471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDgKXBZtl5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DhKpxCvVho
>>
Best magician, hands-down?
>>
>>19100493
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnMBI_llODc
>>
>>19100493
>>19100509
R.I.P.
BROCKIE
R.I.P.
FLATTUS

:_:

everyones fucking dying dog
what in the living fuck
>>
>>19100507
We'll probably never know their name, existing in obscurity during the suppression centuries or in the mists of prehistory or precomplex culture.

Otherwise we can divide things into eras.

Your eight or so big religious heads.

Crowley. Spare. Agrippa. Westcott. Paracelsus. Dr. Dee. The early golden age Arabic authors. Julian the Apostate. Milarepa. Abhinavagupta. The Krama Kali organizers. Chumbley. Dr. Aquino.

There are a lot of names to highlight through time.
>>
>>19100524
Thoughts on Abramelin?
>>
>>19100493
RIP Brockie, my hero man. Wish he didn't use too much when he was fucking with H again. I was lucky to see 'em live twice, although I know many have seen more live. But damn what a great fucking guy, so witty and hilarious. One of the greatest losses to humanity that most won't even ever recognize.
>>
>>19099140
What's so evil about Giger?
>>
>>19100542
>Wish he didn't use too much when he was fucking with H again
I didn't realize that was public knowledge yet but stopped following the "news" after we got the call. I'm not super close to him, a friend of mine and his sister I don't know well had a mom that was the inspiration for the track "Your Mother" from "You Have the Right to Remain Silent".

Gwar as a 'high art' concept can easily persist without Brockie. Nobody can replace him either. The question is whether or not someone with a similar talent package can come forth.

Say what you will about the band's collective ability to actually play their instruments, but dude was a lyrical genius and allround solid artist, despite having a habit of getting too drunk to actually remember lyrics. Man Cory was on track to save that band from obscurity. Listen to this shit, it's him on everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEOYAochWKY

>>19100556
Nothing?

>>19100532
It's Abramelin. Work it and you'll Attain.
It's only one piece of the puzzle tho.
>>
>>19100524
No HP Blavatsky?
>>
>>19100574
Sure fuck it why not.

B's more wrong than she's right for my taste. Woodruff was better about bringing back actual secrets, redacted as his editions were.
>>
>>19100339
This sounds like king crimson trying to make dark souls boss music.
I love it.
>>
How does one attain the summit of Mt. Abiegnus? Does it have anything to do with the C.B.C formula of the Rosicrucians? Does this matter at all:
http://www.heruraha.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9716
>>
Could somebody help me to understand the distinction between witchcraft and wicca? I often see these terms used interchangeably -- is it a categorical overlap, like wicca is a form of witchcraft, but not all witchcraft is wicca?

I am confused and would appreciate some guidance. In particular, if they are indeed distinct, where might I find sources of information on (non-wicca) witchcraft? My search efforts are naturally filled with wiccan results due to the confusion.
>>
>>19101142
You know how there's real Yoga and "middle aged white people doing weird stretching" Yoga?
Same thing. Wicca is the hippy fanfiction of European traditions.
>>
>>19100507
>>19100524
Magician in a hermetic sense or what is commonly understood as "magician" or a Magus?

"There was Lao-tzu., There was Siddartha There was Krishna ...".

>Best magician, hands-down?
Depends how broad one´s definition of magic is.

I would even say Gengish Khan who is described in many texts as "the greatest witch/sorcerer of them all"

>"I forbid argument. Conquer!"
>>
>>19101203
I see, that would make sense. I don't suppose there are any (online) sources available on witchcraft proper, are there?
>>
Can anyone give me an answer about necromancy, what it is, where to start, books to read on the topic?
>>
>>19101349
What type/form/era of "necromancy" are we talking here? And, please, phrase your answer carefully.
>>
File: 18781998.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
18781998.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>19100585
Good to see you alive and well, my friend.

I trust you have been keeping well and progressing in your studies as per usual.
>>
File: 1428423364097.jpg (498KB, 1010x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1428423364097.jpg
498KB, 1010x1280px
Not to be "thay guy" but prove magick is real. If I can get real proof or whatever I will give my soul to whatever God need be and devote my essence to it
>>
>>19101503
See that is hard to give an accurate answer to, besides pop culture I am not sure about any sort of necromancy, and figured I would ask someone with more knowledge than I have.
>>
>>19101549
There is a taboo on proof. It's a lot of belief and faith. The proof comes later.
>>
>>19101583
That's an incredibly broad answer - so you're going to get an incredibly broad reponse.

Necromancy is the practice of communing with the dead/spirits for divinatory purposes - knowledge, secrets, etc. It stems out of shamanism; and has been used since the age of antiquity, the Middle Ages, and currently - by a vast array of cultures and persons whom practice magic.
>>
>>19101680
So if someone would want to get started learning more about its many forms and uses throughout human time where would be a good place to learn? I have tried looking online but I seem to not be doing well in finding anything of real substance and a Wikipedia article has not been the best answer for such things.

I do thank you for taking the time to answer me though. It is appreciated very much.
>>
File: IMG_2902.jpg (84KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2902.jpg
84KB, 760x570px
>>19101696
>So if someone would want to get started learning more about its many forms and uses throughout human time where would be a good place to learn?
Not from a Jedi...

Lel, I couldn't resist.

Joking aside, shamanism would be the place to start. There's a whole folder in the Mega (er...used to be) - read up on Native American, African, etc.

Then Anquity (Egypt, Greece, etc), then Dark Ages/Middle Ages (Europe), then the Renaissance (Italy), then etc. etc.
>>
>>19101788
Thank you again for the answers. I have a lot of research to do.
>>
Would anybody recommend the Morphosephram?
>>
>>19100901
>. For Babylon the Beautiful, the Mother of abominations, hath sworn by her holy cteis, whereof every point is a pang, that she will not rest from her adulteries until the blood of everything that liveth is gathered therein, and the wine thereof laid up and matured and consecrated, and worthy to gladden the heart of my Father. For my Father is weary with the stress of eld, and cometh not to her bed. Yet shall this perfect wine be the quintessence, and the elixir, and by the draught thereof shall he renew his youth; and so shall it be eternally, as age by age the worlds do dissolve and change, and the universe unfoldeth itself as a Rose, and shutteth itself up as the Cross that is bent into the cube.

>And this is the comedy of Pan, that is played at night in the thick forest. And this is the mystery of Dionysus Zagreus, that is celebrated upon the holy mountain of Kithairon. And this is the secret of the brothers of the Rosy Cross; and this is the heart of the ritual that is accomplished in the Vault of the Adepts that is hidden in the Mountain of the Caverns, even the Holy Mountain Abiegnus

- The Cry of the 12th Aethyr, Liber 418
>>
>>19101610
Yeah that's the catch to "checkmate" the atheists and such. No proof and no pudding. Get out
>>
File: Animism_Rock_Art_7.jpg (29KB, 336x442px) Image search: [Google]
Animism_Rock_Art_7.jpg
29KB, 336x442px
>>19095387
>>19095271
>>19095289
>>19095301
>>19095387
It's called an OPINION.
Don't like opinions, change your scenery.
GROW SOME FUCKING HIDE, PEOPLE.

White bread could mean, written by white people.
It could also mean Vanilla - as in a repurposing of the Bondage scene term Vanilla to mean Standard, Banal, Traditional, Conservative in Spiritual Matters.
The turn of the century popular occult writers were majority white.
This is a point that can not be debated, because we have photos of them, we have anecdotes from people who knew them, and so on.
They were writing for an audience that was either stupendously lacking in self-awareness - OR they were assuming their audiences were for the most part.
The latter is more possibly the most true, knowing what egowhores some of these people were.
Having said that - yes, I am an egowhore myself.
I enjoy swimming around in the Slough of Dispond that is Malkut and I won't apologize for that.
I am a creature of the Earth, and into the Earth I will return when I die.
Now, anyone who pays ATTENTION for god knows what reason would know that I've played with:
- Gardnerian tradition - when I was a kid
- Classical Hinduism
- Golden Dawn
- Thelema - I still do from time to time roll it up into what I currently am on about
- Kabbalah (Mainly the Hebrew is Math aspect)
- Chaos
- Atheism
- Gnosticism
- I don't Buddha
- Some Christ as a kid
- Hoodoo
- Herbalism
- Santeria
- Palo Mayombe
- African Traditional Religions
- Animism
- Neolithic guesswork
- Aboriginal Dreamtime

NOW - having said all that.
I've tried some stuff.
Some stuff I kept, and repurposed.
Some stuff I chucked out with the Mop Water.
For me the more pre-Pre it is, the better it works.
That doesn't mean it works for you.
And, it shouldn't.
But the larger point is that I have an opinion on some shit I've tried.
You have an opinion about some shit you tried.
My OPINION isn't right.
Your OPINION isn't right.
Their OPINION isn't right.
It's just that - an opinion.
>>
>>19102041
We're all empiricists here. Do it yourself and see what happens. Then you'll have your proof.
>>
>>19092798
Little Iblis, when you are looking for a job what is keeping you from getting one?
What type of job are you trying to get?
For example, is there a specific field you are trying to hire into?
Or, are you just looking for anything.
I'm going to send you the sigil and something extra for your wait time.
But I have to know the answers above to be sure that I send you the right thing.
>>
Mumbo jumbo, all of this shit. Learning this babble is jut making you feel important and empowered, so you can have thr courage to reach for something of worth. Instead of learning symbols and rituals and astrology from books written by some half-wise dumdums just use basic visualisation in first person, just start with some mundane shit, somethibg simple, not winning a fucking lottery ticket and build yourself up. Then after making a hundred things happen, when you want to visualize a million dollars, there will be no doubt in you, and you will fuking get it. No need of help from yhwh, demons, angels or whatever. This is coming from a guy who read most of this shit you are talking about, just to go back to standard law of attraction type stuff. Really all of it is just decoration for using the basic laws of physics. Thats why so many of those systems work, despite being apparently very diffrent, and that is why you guys argue - most of you seen their "truth" werk, and there is a reason for that.
>>
>>19102959
>Mumbo jumbo, all of this shit.
Care to post a detailed refutation of the materials from Brill and other academic/university presses?

>just use basic visualisation
Yes, six thousand years of ethnohistory and epistemology can be redacted to "just visualize bro".

>coming from a guy who read most of this shit
Then you have no problem with my first request for careful refutations of the materials in question, academic or source text?
>>
>>19102762
Entirely unrelated to the post, but man that pic unsettles the hell out of me, always has too and I have no idea why.
>>
File: sumerpriest2.jpg (30KB, 280x497px) Image search: [Google]
sumerpriest2.jpg
30KB, 280x497px
>>19102959
>Learning this babble is jut making you feel important and empowered, so you can have thr courage to reach for something of worth.
Oh wow, people gaining confidence, what a travesty.
>law of attraction
>basic laws of physics
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, yeah, you have a great position to talk about mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>19103019
The Shaman.
Cave painting from France.
It used to scare me as well.
Now, I see the power of it and it's very inspirational.
I feel like this one is more than just a painting by a random hunter.
I feel like this one is an expression from someone who worked or lived closely with a Shaman - or a Shaman painted it themselves to express something about their experience that they felt was necessary to be shown.
It's a very powerful image, and the more I look at it the more I love it and the more dedication I feel.
Genetic memory, maybe?
I think there are things that are coded into our genetic structure, passed around over thousands of years that can still creep up in the backs of our minds now and then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tja6_h4lT6A

>>19102965
You know not everyone can dig the academics. XD
Half of me agrees with >>19102959.
But I've seen enough that the other half says there are things in other worlds that don't compute here.

Id' just like to ask >>19102959...
What say you on Multiverses, Parallel Worlds, and so on?
There are plenty of things that could exist there, and plenty of times dimensions could overlap and bleed into each other.
Also, what say you on Quantum Entanglement?
Things can be tied to each other across great distances, physicists have proven that within recent years.
>>
>>19103060
Is this an ancestor of the happy merchant?
>>
File: about_real_peter_rabbit_800x450.jpg (81KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
about_real_peter_rabbit_800x450.jpg
81KB, 800x450px
>>19102898
>when you are looking for a job what is keeping you from getting one?

Simply not having enough experience and most retail places ask you to apply online. Which I ended up doing but I'm not getting any job related emails.

>What type of job are you trying to get?
Anything at this point, really. I'd prefer something calm and steady but I'm not too picky.

Thanks so much for doing this Palo! If you need more info let me know.
>>
>>19104275

Should have invested extra stat points in Charisma at character creation, Social checks would be easier. That being said, check back semi-frequently at every place you applied and get to know the managers/employees as people so they feel inclined to help you. Additionally, I would suggest using a honey jar, breh. Old tricks like that are often the best tricks.
>>
File: 610205.jpg (3MB, 2616x1528px) Image search: [Google]
610205.jpg
3MB, 2616x1528px
>>19104302
>Should have invested extra stat points in Charisma at character creation, Social checks would be easier.

Oh god, life would be so much more easier if stat points were a thing...

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely try it all in combination with the sigil.
>>
>>19102762
>buying into the "stuff white people do is bad meme"

I can understand why white supremacy and normativity is bad but if you honestly hate people of the same skin color as you doing things that interest them you might as well kill yourself now because your life isn't going to get any better
>>
>>19102959
Somebody post the "Mumbo jumbo" scene for the Ninth Gate
>>
>>19104798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUfYCfZsr9g
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
>>19104786
Riiiiggghhhttt.....
>>
>>19104906
>posting a picture of a white wizard who literally becomes a white wizard in the whitest fantasy series ever created
>>
>>19105029
i·ro·ny
/ˈīrənē/
a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what you expect and is often amusing as a result.
>>
Please, deliver the link for the "Tarot of Awakening" download! Thanks, /x/.
>>
>>19105194
I do not mean to offend.

But you are someone that has consistently demonstrated a solid understanding of spiritual principal, why are you so hung up on something as superficial as race?

How do you regard deities that literally detest the color of your skin? Why would a divine being even care about something so trivial?

>For me the more pre-Pre it is, the better it works.

I belong to the same school of thought. The further back we go, the closure we move to the original truth, imo.
>>
>>19105780
OH MY FUCKING GODS.
I'M NOT HUNG UP ON RACE.

MY POINT WAS THAT DEAD MEN WHO HAPPENED TO BE WHITE AND ALSO SLIGHTLY BORING (And finding humor on how the term WhiteBread to describe either of these facets) WERE CONDESCENDING TO THEIR READING AUDIENCE AND ESPOUSED "KILLING YOUR EGO" WHILE BEING EGOTISTICAL HYPOCRITES.

Oh, and I've NEVER met a racist Mpungo.

I just went the fuck off and threatened to curse someone for implying that Magick was dependent on someone's race and being a manipulative racist douchnozzle while pretending to not understand what was wrong with his argument.

I posted Gandalf to be ironic that apparently now everyone thinks this is some type of race issue and I'm some self hating Caucasian who doesn't think white people have done anything decent at all, ever.
I find it humorous, because I actually love Tolkein's work - and he himself was white, therefore proving their theory wrong.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?!?!?!?!

DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT??
WHITE PEOPLE HAVE ACTUALLY DONE SOME DECENT THINGS TOO (In between killing or conquering everything that moves.)

(Which I also ironically note and acknowledge when I think that I'm a short white girl that worships the Mpungo of war and iron.)

>not triggered, just really fucking frustrated.

Melonin content honestly has nothing to do with it other than being one humerous half of a homograph.
>>
File: 18781999.jpg (43KB, 550x244px) Image search: [Google]
18781999.jpg
43KB, 550x244px
>>19105946
Thank you Palo.

I knew there was a rational explanation and I am sorry if I upset you. It was not my intention.

>I just went the fuck off and threatened to curse someone for implying that Magick was dependent on someone's race
Let me guess. An American that wants to connect with his viking roots through racial exceptionalism?

>Oh, and I've NEVER met a racist Mpungo.
True enough...

>Melonin content honestly has nothing to do with it other than being one humerous half of a homograph.
Well put!

>Just really fucking frustrated.
Do not let it cloud your mind or darken your mood.
>>
In reality there is neither form nor seer,
neither sound nor hearer,
There is neither smell nor one who smells, neither taste nor taster,
Neither touch nor one who touches, neither thought nor thinker.s
>>
>>19106193
>liddley riddley diddley
Words you will now ponder, as you reap, whats comes in waking and in sleep...
>>
File: wtf.png (60KB, 1258x415px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
60KB, 1258x415px
>>19106193
What in the living fuck.
I was going to reply to you by quoting

"We are just the painting, we are the canvas, we are the artwork
When we look at the broader scheme of things
When we realize that we are not our bodies
That the building in front of you is nothing more than energy, just slowing down
When we also realize that we are not seeing everything as it is
Nothing is what it seems at all, a lot of times this is liberating."

and look what appeared written into the text box by itself.
>>
>>19106345
Nice of the universe to get this thread back on track
>>
File: 20170604_050631.jpg (153KB, 471x472px) Image search: [Google]
20170604_050631.jpg
153KB, 471x472px
>>19102795
Do it? "it"? Yeah I will go do one witchcraft. HEY GUYS IM GONNA GO DO A WITCHCRAFT BECAUSE THIS GUY SAID. Fucking idiot
>>
>>19106883
Holy shit, a cancerous member of the group think hive circus?
No way!

Eat shit.
>>
https://www.academia.edu/1379699/A_Translation_of_Nasir_al-Din_Tusis_Commentary_upon_Ibn_Sinas_al-Isharat_wal-Tanbihat_al-Namat_al-Tasi_fi_Maqamat_al-Arifin_Namat_Nine_on_the_Stations_of_the_Mystics
>>
File: MONTALKISGOOD.png (159KB, 764x744px) Image search: [Google]
MONTALKISGOOD.png
159KB, 764x744px
I've been using this image as my intro guide into Magic.

I've read Atkinson's books 1, 2, and 3, and I'm reading The Science of Breath now.

Is this a good path to be on?
I like it so far, it speaks well to my educational background as a physicist.
>>
>>19106533
Mister Magow Magow!
>>
>>19107633
Whoever wrote that is a moron.
>>
My google-fu has failed me so I'm asking you guys. What are some of the occult and folkloric symbolism of Mockingbirds? There's one that's spent the last week right outside my window screaming from dawn to dusk while completely ignoring the multiple neighborhood cats wanting to eat it, and the many objects I've thrown at it to make it shut up.
Is there some mystical sign I should be taking note of, or is this just a case of severe avian autism?
>>
So I was listening to this podcast I found, with the current topic being ceremonial magic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzhLJbzdwIY
The dude being interviewed makes reference to something called the Hygromanteia, which I gather is a predecessor of the Lemegeton. I'm curious to read it, but can't seem to find anything but an edition coauthored by the dude in the video (amazing coincidence, eh).

Any chance somebody in here has more information/opinion on this work?
>>
>>19107633
>New Thought Movement shill post
>>
>>19100573

I think the anon may have been asking your thoughts on Abramelin as a magician.
>>
>>19101343

Andrew Chumbley, in the mega link. Dragon book of Essex. It's reconstructed, but very much "real"
>>
>>19107633
Lol. No. See: Beginner's Folder in the mega link up top.

The person who posted that was evidently semi-literate, quasi-intelligent, and 100% LARP.
>>
>>19095671
It's humorous that you thought someone from Joy of Santa could speak in so lucid and articulate a manner.
>>
File: A1A.jpg (31KB, 564x400px) Image search: [Google]
A1A.jpg
31KB, 564x400px
>>19108167

Attachment to a sense of superiority will only hinder your growth, friend. It may benefit the other anon more for you to *explain* what you feel is wrong with it if you wish to help them, rather than assume an air of judgement and smugness while doing little else but fling shit and say "No, ur choice is bad, do it the way I feel is right".
>>
>>19108137
Excellent, thank you anon
>>
Anything on animism in the library?
>>
>>19089927
>>The Ape of Thoths' Library
Is there any way someone can make a torrent of the library? Megaupload keeps cucking me.
>>
>>19108474
>you don't like my [thing] therefore YOU'RE AN EGOBOO WHO WON'T GROW UNTIL THEY START LIKING MY [THING]

Every. Fucking. Time.
Couple times a thread every thread some newfriend comes ITT thinking they're hot shit for reading Kybalion on the recommendation of /fringe/ and couple times a thread every thread we gotta tell folks "not hermetic, not initiatory, not historical".

I also wonder how good that physics education must be if Kybalion is making epistemological sense.

>>19108562
Shitloads, see the Amerind/Shamanism folders.

>>19109000
No.
It's forty fucking gigs.
I can't seed (without throwing together a seedbox) that or do rolling updates.

You don't need the whole thing at once. DL what interests you, read it, then come back for followup.
>>
>>19109188
How long will you be hosting the Mega?
>>
>>19109232
Until I'm no longer able to.
I've been running the library for like five years.
Like two at this particular link address.
>>
>>19109188
There is a torrent available on archive.org saying it's the library from April 2016, it's not as up to date as the Mega and two of the PDFs in the rar are infected with malware. I found it because I was trying to find the library and all the links I had for it were down (Before I found out the home was right here on 4chan)

I mean it's something if you really must have a torrent version I guess.
>>
File: A1C.jpg (76KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
A1C.jpg
76KB, 736x552px
>>19109188

You appear to have not simply accepted my words for what they are, but, twisted the message to be a "battle" of egos that was unnecessary, and unwarranted. You should reflect on the teachings of the buddha, and consider if your actions are truly in line with them.

That matter aside entirely- Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime. If you wish for men to stop asking you for fish when they hunger, teach them to fish so they may procure their own. So this message is not misunderstood, what I mean by this is that by providing knowledge of flaws, faults, shortcomings, etc that should be avoided in materials (And, naturally, what *should* be looked for in materials), you enable people to provide themselves with answers rather than simply coming back to you to say "What do I ___" or "How do I ____" when they feel lost. Simply saying "Not Hermetic, Not Initiatory, Not Historical" gives a man a fish. Men who are taught to fish, will teach other men to fish. Men who are taught to beg for fish, will teach other men to beg for fish. If you are upset with the nature of things, perhaps you should change your actions so as to facilitate change towards a more desirable state.
>>
>>19109332
>April 2016
That's over a year old, isn't it?

I dunno people make backups of the library all the time. I keep asking 'em not to.

>>19109333
>You should reflect on the teachings of the buddha, and consider if your actions are truly in line with them.
The Buddha didn't want man to operate under deception or delusion, of which I'd certainly categorize operating under the assumption that Kybalion's good for anything other than light bathroom reading.

It's cute that you're backpedaling on:
>Attachment to a sense of superiority will only hinder your growth, friend.
Tho.

>Simply saying "Not Hermetic, Not Initiatory, Not Historical" gives a man a fish.
The library teaches men to be fishers. He asked if his path was a "good" one and got his answer, not how to practice.

I made the library when I became upset at the nature of things, that my actions could facilitate said change.
>>
>>19109332
I was downloading the RAR as you posted this, good thing I checked the thread, cancelled it. I guess I'll just have to get a pro subscription for a month and download it.
>>
>>19109371
Dude the daily limit is five gigs. You can download the whole thing in just over a week.

Jesus, people, have patience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLMPA4xPFpg
>>
>>19109386
you're right, Im being impatient, Im going to download as much as I can per day. Thank you for uploading all of this, its incredibly helpful.
>>
>>19109350

>The library teaches men to be fishers. He asked if his path was a "good" one and got his answer, not how to practice.
>I made the library when I became upset at the nature of things, that my actions could facilitate said change.

All paths lead to the top of the mountain
The best path is the on you are on

>>19109371
>>19109386
You cannot read all of it in one day, even 5gb a day is too much for one to read per day. If you selectively download you will further your goals by process of elimination. You have to pick and choose what you want to read, and then you figure out whether or not it is appropriate for you.

I rather like having a limit as it forces people to focus on certain subjects/focuses/goals rather than getting all of the library at once. It is a bit like aiming for a certain goal or planning a garden. What crop do you want to germinate/plant?
>>
Just popping in to give sincere thanks to Ape and all who make this thread possible. Easily one of the best sources of knowledge and discussion online.
This place is an oasis in a sprawling desert of ass, keep it up.
>>
>>19109521
Although I am a Christian I love to learn about other paths and religions. My current focus is Gnosticism.
>>
>>19109350

Yea, it's quite an old file but it was all I found before deciding to check /x/ and see if anything popped up. I normally don't come here but a YT binge of paranormal stuff when my PC was packed away had me wanting to look into the occult, so...

In any case, I think it's actually good to keep backups/archives of rare things. Just in case you decide to stop maintaining the library one of these days or something else happens, the knowledge won't just disappear.

People say that once it's on the internet it's out there forever, but a few decades on it has shown me otherwise.
>>
>>19109564
>but a few decades on it has shown me otherwise.
Indeed.
The library has a lot of unique stuff be the ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT documents in the library are the unpublished A.'.A.'. rituals and the Yorke Microfilms of the Warburg Collection. They need to survive this library because they'll never be published in the open market.
>>
>>19109584
and you haven't separately submitted them to archive.org + 3 other backup sites?
>>
>>19109688
They're still under copyright by the Ordo Templi Orientis and the Warburg Institute.
>>
>>19109584
Having never heard of any of those, what's the TLDR on them?
>>
>>19109699
Warburg I can believe but in what regard does the OTO hold an IP? Are they registered as a business?
>>
File: ZHA.jpg (192KB, 1476x2172px) Image search: [Google]
ZHA.jpg
192KB, 1476x2172px
>>19109708
They Aleister Crowley's unpublished ritual scripts (Rite of the Equinox, Liber ThROA) and then personal writings; diaries, letters, manuscripts, holographs, typescripts, commentaries, etc. of which the OTO has only published a fraction.
It's coming.
Have you felt it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVmL3kXSePQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WwQGwX_hr8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0lNY2Yq_tg
>>
Any elaboration on the supreme method of Silence?

I can't seem to find anything.
>>
>>19109717
Would you be interested in adding anymore ancient philosophy to the library? I know there is a neo platonism folder but there are certain older texts I think the library could benefit from if I could track them down.

Such things are like the problem of the one and many, ethics, happiness, reality, telos etc. If they don't belong I understand.
>>
>>19109715
>Are they registered as a business?
Sorta. It's a long story.
The own the "entire archvies" of the OTO by legal ruling. Essentially speaking they sued Crowley's executor for control of the literary estate. And won. Despite precedents otherwise in other courts (a court on the East Coast long ago ruled that Motta was the legal inheritor, that got undermined, and later gave the Caliphate president to press a claim on the archival materials).

The there's the, um, bi...something structure of the Order. There's a technical term in music law the Guntherites like to use, I can't remember it. Essentially speaking, the OTO is broken into subdivisions.

Most people are shocked to learn they've never joined the OTO International, just their local branch. Membership is for high level officers as the IXth degree controls all physical property of lower bodies. If you've ever founded a local body you'd know that the ritual furniture you build isn't owned by you, but held in trust by you for OTO International.

Effectively they keep lay membership away from having a controlling interest because the IXth degree holds all the cards. That's also why people don't rise in the ranks; if you have a large and contentious body of IXths, then you have a fractured Order system with dozens of legal owners.
>>
From "Deep Principles of Kabbalistic Alchemy" here is the main sequence of mind unfolding into its essential nature. The array is based on Zohar 1:65a, Likutey Moharan #24, and the nine chambers of keter called the tzachtzachot (from an oral source).
>>
>>19109812
Neat.
>>
>>19109733
Post them here.
>>
>>19109812
I can't fucking wait for that book to come out

How is your Zha reconstruction coming? My dreams are getting stranger and more violent as we get closer to the Time
>>
File: gooroo.jpg (42KB, 696x556px) Image search: [Google]
gooroo.jpg
42KB, 696x556px
Up on the hilltop where the vultures perch.
That's where I'm gonna build my church.
T'ain't gonna be no priest, ain't gonna be no boss.
Just Charles Nelson Reilly nailed to a cross!

I don't piss, I don't shit, I'm gettin' no relief!
People shake their heads in disbelief...
>>
>>19110051
What's the Time?
>>
>>19089927
Anyone here know how to summon Papa Legba, or any Crossroads Spirit for that manner?
>>
>>19109717
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxq5xBMoUQk
>>
Did I find some thelemites on /X/ ?
I have some very rare Crowley books - did some degrees in the O.T.O a lot of the A.'.A.'. work and the entire York rite of Freemasonry - anyone serious in here ? Maybe we can chat
>>
>>19111667
>667
nigga most of the people who seriously follow this thread are "Thelemites" in once sense or another. What do you want to chat about?
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.