[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inducing Sleep Paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 11.jpg (87KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
87KB, 1200x675px
Is there a genuine way to induce sleep paralysis? I don't want any meme/"how-to" answers, but tested and proven ways to actually induce it with a high probability

About 3 years ago I had my first episodes out of nowhere, and it continued for about a month. During that month I experienced fear as I never had before - I'd describe my experiences but I'm pretty sure you already know all about how it generally feels. Anyhow, at first I dreaded them and was afraid to sleep for the first two weeks. I genuinely believed I had been cursed and could likely die in my dreams. However, as it kept happening, I started to try to experiment when I had those episodes. But when I got the confidence to explore in that realm of fear, they just stopped happening.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of people talk about how they have sleep paralysis and I'm jelly that it stopped happening to me so long ago, because I never did get to explore further. I say explore because my episodes were not just nightmares, most of the time I never saw anything. Rather, I felt the monster of fear in the darkness of my sleep. It always tried to *pull* me somewhere, and my instinct was always to struggle against it, because as I let it pull me further down this pit, a ghoulish cacophony would reach my ears. Screeching, shouting, murmuring - loud enough to make me believe my head would start bleeding, and eerie enough to know whatever it was, I had to fight against it. This is what I wanted to explore, I wanted to know what happened if I let it take me. I did get to try twice or thrice, but all of my attempts I ended early (thrashed and shouted myself back to the real world, shouting in the dream was very effective to wake myself up) back then because I genuinely thought I was going to die. After the third time was when I built up the courage to finally let it drag me to see what would happen, but then these nightmares just vanished.
>>
>>17354509
bumping for curiosity
I am terrified of sleep paralysis but i'd love to be able to induce it
>>
>>17354509
I had the same feels of being pushed and a voice laughing and screaming at me. I mean… it looks like me who posted this thread. But turns out it was "nothing" for me: I moved from home but my "nightmares" in dream paralysis was still happening like if I was at my old home.

sorry my english
>>
literally just google "induce sleep paralysis" theres a ton of results, basically: "fuck your sleep schedule up" but go read the specifics
>>
>>17354509
Get drowsy, put on Netflix, watch "The Nightmare" while drifting off to sleep.

I've been fucked ever since.
>>
Benadryl
>>
>>17354509
I guess you could listen to some scary as sshit creepypastas while you sleep. Maybe that will work
>>
File: 12.jpg (12KB, 408x306px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
12KB, 408x306px
>>17354545

Yeah but I wanted to hear ways /x/ has used to induce it on themselves. I didn't want to google it and get directed to a "how-to" website because that shit never works

>>17354568
Most creepypasta is shit though, what are some good ones?
>>
>>17354509
Be physically tired but not mentally so.
>>
>>17354593
Not really. You just need to read the not popular ones. Look up the flashlight game by Mr creepypasta. It's scary as shit and its not about cliche supernatural crap
>>
I regularly get sleep paralysis (about 2-3 times a month). It's not fun.

I've found that 75% of the time I get it, I fall asleep flat on my back. If I consume a lot of caffeine earlier in the day it occurs more often as well.

It also occurs most often when napping or morning, so I think light has something to do with it. It's basically stimulus that awakens the mind before the body.

Hope this helps. :/
>>
>>17354593
>>17354611

Also look up Mr. Nightmare on YouTube. He has a lot of really good scary true stories and he has good narration with nice sound effects to keep it scary
>>
>>17354509
Masturbate furiously.
>>
>>17354623
Not that anon, but to be fair sleep paralysis isn't fun anymore once you know whats going on. Its more annoying than anything, especially if you remembered your front door is unlocked or something similar. You either wake up or fall back to sleep.

And no its not the lucid dreaming kind of sleep. (well, ok it can be if you're as used to it as I am, but that's because you're technically still in stage 1)
>>
It's basically staying awake for long durations and drinking coffee for me. All I have to do is fall asleep on my back then boom hello Shadow Man. If you think you see something as you lie, waiting in the darkness, it will be there if you keep thinking it is.
>>
>>17354667
Am that anon. I agree with this. I no longer freak out when it happens. It's uncomfortable, but you get to waking yourself up better with time when the paralysis occurs.
>>
I've never experienced sleep paralysis, but holy fuck it sounds sketchy as shit. Do you guys really see evil figures and stuff standing over you?
>>
I've been getting sleep paralysis for the past 4 years. Usually once a month, sometimes multiple times a night. Most of the time I don't see anything, much like OP, I just feel intense fear. I've only hallucinated three times, the first time I was surrounded by dark smoke and heard screaming, and felt myself lift out of my body until I turned around and saw my body laying in bed. The second time, I felt a very malicious presence next to me and heard insectoid clicking. The third time however, and you guys may not believe me, I think I communicated with a dark god. That may sound weird, but I woke up completely paralyzed and saw a dark gray and black circle in front of me, pulsing like a heart beat, it started talking but I couldn't understand a word it said other than "Let the darkness in". It started to pulse faster and I woke up. I know how edgey and fake that sounds, but it genuinely happened. It was probably a hallucination, but it seemed so real at the time. I'd like to try to talk to this thing again if it's possible, but ever since I moved to Utah, I haven't had any episodes of paralysis at all.
>>
>>17354553
Thanks for suggesting, Trailer looks promising.
>>
I don't know how but really anytime it's happened to me I've fallen asleep on my back, if that accounts for anything.
>>
>>17354509
I get sleep paralysis all the time, it's pretty meh when you know its happening. I don't get visual hallucinations just audio. Mostly just a spooked feeling and the amplified sound of my heartbeat or blood rushing in my ears (which sounds like marching feet sometimes and is kinda freaky if i'm really tired) I'd always get spooked and attempt to scream or call for my gf, but i can't. My body wakes up eventually, and I just roll over and get more sleep.
I figured out mine is caused by a combo of stress and lack of good sleep. Just get little sleep for a couple days (4-5 hours a night) and relax on your back quietly but keep your mind busy.
>>
>>17354623
I'm not sure about that, I take adderal daily and drink probably a liter of my. dew a day, and I have never had sleep paralysis. Although I do have add so that might be why I've never experienced it.
>>
>>17354772
*mt.
>>
>>17354772
Hm, I have ADHD and I get sleep paralysis pretty often. I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.
>>
>>17354509
To answer your question OP

I've given into the pulling once. Nothing significant really happened. I think I've told my story here before so some of you may be familiar with it.
> Maybe a year ago, maybe less. I started suffering from Sleep paralysis more frequently.
> Usually that tugging/pulling... some nights just pushing like something is trying to suffocate me.
> Eventually I gave up. figured I would let it do whatever. Hear something laughing, dark evil laughter as it pulled me. I started spinning felt like I was falling and spinning.
> I likened it to falling down an abyss. I started praying to whatever Deity to help me. I guess I passed out, I don't remember too much afterwards, I woke up the next day. My body ached all over.

I haven't experienced that since, I actually dread it. I know everyone experiences something different. My most recent sleep paralysis experiences are weird and scare me.
>>
>>17354699

Sometimes you see shadows in the form of people, but it's a complete blur most times that you cannot really see what exactly it is. I have also on many occasions seen a haggard old lady just standing by the door, those are some of the worst

The most frightening aspect of it, I would think, is the feeling of fear that is just fucking there. Like something is watching you, and in some cases, you feel something pulling you into some vortex, funnel (very hard to describe, like it's pulling you to your death basically)
>>
>>17355049
The way you described it is pretty much how it happens to me too. Intense fear, shadows, blurs, strange pulling feeling. But I have had some more vivid hallucinations, and some auditory hallucinations too.
>>
File: 0.jpg (9KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
9KB, 650x365px
>>17355031

Yeah it's hard to explain isn't it? Falling into an abyss, into hell, is what I'd say is most accurate. What fucking spooked me was that the screeches, the screams became unbearable the closer I felt I was getting to the "end". In my paralysis I was actually feeling pain in my head for how piercing the sounds were. That's one of the reasons I always ended up forcing myself awake, I could not bear the mental pain, if you can call it that.

Another problem in my few attempts to just let it take me was that I had very little control over what I felt. I think that's precisely why the fear was so penetrating, so inexplicable. Pretty much I was an animal with animal instincts for the most part - I sensed I was an organism about to die so I just thrashed myself awake
>>
>>17355075
Yeah, the fear has become so bad for me >>17355074 that I usually force myself to wake up as soon as I realize that it's happening. I've never really tried to be pulled in by it. I'm genuinely too afraid.
>>
Lie on your back and try to resist sleep.

Sleep paralysis is your conscious brain fighting your subconsciousness.

Sleep paralysis always begins when you about to fall into deep sleep and you suddenly become aware of a sense of falling into a deep abyss.

Your consciousness is wake but your body is dead in sleep.

It's a half way state .

This why you feel numb and weak physically and unable to move even your eyelids. Breathing becomes difficult because breathing is an involuntary action but you begin to fight your subconsciousness which is supposed to be in total control.
I learnt how to both induce and stop sleep paralysis after years of being plagued by it. It stems from insomnia and stress.
>>
>>17354509
God damn raccoons.
>>
I get sleep paralysis like twice a week. I always wake up at 3-4 am to turn of the A/C but don't know if it has anything to do with it.

I don't do it on purpose but here is my method: try to stay awake as long as you can.

I realized that most of the times I get SP is because I'm watching a movie/serie and I want to stay awake to watch it, but I end up in a SP episode. (No pun intended)
>>
any of you guys have this experience?

i get sleep paralysis maybe once a week. as other anons have said, it's more annoying now than scary. but you all seem to be talking about visual or auditory hallucinations that come with the sleep paralysis. I get none of that. my thought process when i get sleep paralysis now is literally.

>ah shit, it happened again.
>my mind is awake, my body isn't.
and then i try to wake my body up for a few minutes, and then i fully "wake up".

I've also never had it with my eyes open, maybe that's why.

i swear, it's just so boring compared to all your stories, haha. i remember one time, i fell asleep in the living room when i was living with my parents still. My mom was on the couch, watching TV. I "woke up" and could hear the TV, and my mom talking to my dad, but i couldn't move.

Yeah it's disorienting, but not particularly scary.

As for OP, i find it happens more often if i sleep on my back. I can pretty much induce it when i want, if i ever had a reason to.

>get really tired. so tired that you're almost falling asleep sitting up.
> Lie down on your back
>get comfy
>don't move your body at all. you'll feel itchy, like bugs are crawling on you, etc. ignore it.
>make sure you don't actually fall asleep.
>eventually your body will "go to sleep". tada, sleep paralysis.

i dunno why someone would want to do this to themselves, it's pretty inconvenient.

I've found the best way to prevent it is sleeping on my side.

I also have exploding head syndrome. have had it for almost three years. no idea what causes it, but that creeps me out.
>>
>>17354509
step 1-> break your neck
step 2 -> become paraplegic
step 3 -> profit
>>
Lately I've been trying to get back into sleep paralysis for lucid dreaming purposes. Last time I went into SP, I had an outer body experience. Nothing has been working though.

Last night when I went to bed, I said in my mind "sleep paralysis please", and I ended up getting sleep paralysis 3 times, but I blew my chances on LD'ing/OBE'ing because I kept on hearing foot steps walking towards me.

>feels
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.