[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To the Luthiers of Ancient wood, I am desperately in need of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: CameraZOOM-20140409121129810.jpg (742KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
CameraZOOM-20140409121129810.jpg
742KB, 1944x2592px
To the Luthiers of Ancient wood, I am desperately in need of some direction so as to preserve a 1200yr old piece of rare Cypress that has been acting odd lately. Spooky shit started happening when it had finished drying out (1yr n a half) and I restored it to its original color. Noises in rooms I had just walked out of, and a few days ago I had it buckled in the seat behind me to bring it home from the shop.....passed a slow fucker doing 90 n climbing... Fuck Me!! 2 cars in front of him 95.. Play chicken and cut back10yards before... Before I could scream the adrenaline out, I heard someone yell behind me "Wooo!!" I froze inside.....turn on my road and slip my knife out...nothing in the mirror.. Slam on brakes, turn around, no one. Windows were up, tried to rationalize it away.....can't. Any advice on how to store it away properly for a year or so? I do want to keep it in good condition as I plan on making it into an instrument, but its gonna take a year to take the classes to learn how. Pic related, in the center the day after I collected from the gator pit.
>>
>>17347148
>rent a self storage nearby
>set it up to dry
>their problem now
This is the easiest problem.
>>
I recommend throwing the thing away if it's causing that much trouble.
>>
File: 3MOwZGN.jpg (76KB, 474x698px) Image search: [Google]
3MOwZGN.jpg
76KB, 474x698px
>>17347148
Just tell it firmly that if it doesn't quit acting out, then you will be forced to destroy it

Works every time :)
>>
You should probably ask over on /diy/ about wood preservatives. We could only tell you about how to ward it or something. Keeping it physically safe for a year and half is something else.
>>
>>17347166
Yeah, everyone knows that spirit and body are totally separate and unrelated in any meaningful or tangible sense
>>
File: IMG_20160126_143821.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160126_143821.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>17347157
Doesn't need drying asswad .. what part of it dried for a year and a half and it was refinished do you not fucking understand? This is why im asking for Luthiers, I want to know how they store their wood and materials or finished product
>>
>>17347174
Kinda wondering as well if guitar makers have ever felt any of the wood they worked with had some type of possession, especially if it was from a major battlefield like this one
>>
>>17347171
what?
Did you even read OPs fucking question? He asked for any advice on how to store it properly for a year. Your comment about the body and spirit, while true, is irrelevant to the topic. Are you suggesting he keep it preserved with magic or something?

>x - spooky carpentry

Help him with the supernatural element, and let /diy/ handle the non spooky world of wood preservatives and carpentry
>>
>>17347174
>asswad
have you considered perhaps that the wood isnt haunted, but just that you have attracted a negative spirit to you by being a colossal dickhead?
>>
>>17347184
Well, you see, if I tell him, then you'll know too

so, of course I won't

He'll find out another way, if it's right. The system operator of this website is extremely kind and forthcoming, so I doubt it will be long, if he is as sincere as you
>>
/x/ - woodworking and babbling incoherently
>>
>>17347192
The system operator will never attempt to communicate

Do not respond if prompted

>>
>>17347187
My apologies for that comment....normally don't get angry, its kinda new to me, a lot of negative spirits in this area, you very much could be right.
>>
>>17347174
>hwat part of it dried for a year and a half and it was refinished do you not fucking understand?

Nigga go fuck yourself with your "haunted" wood
>>
File: 1450645836419.jpg (661KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1450645836419.jpg
661KB, 1024x768px
>>17347198
>guise how do I keep something alive even tho it wants to die
>>
>haunted wood
>keeping fucking wood for this long
just fucking make a fire with it or something do you not have anything better to do with your life than collect fucking wood and hallucinate
>>
sir , where did you get this wood? why do you feel its evil?
>>
File: 1425353283167.gif (363KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1425353283167.gif
363KB, 500x277px
>>17347280
Wouldn't you like to know?
>>
are you in louisiana? if so well it probably has some sort of voodoo
>>
>>17347285
please dont talk bullshit.

Do you think theres some kind of swamp witch running around cursing random pieces of old ass swamp wood with african magic?

Jesus its 2016, come on now.
>>
File: IMG_20140410_134929_667.jpg (734KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140410_134929_667.jpg
734KB, 2592x1944px
>>17347280
Op here, honestly don't feel an Evil with it as much as a deep attraction. Was about to sell it on Etsy for over $800 and just had this feeling that I would not be able to live with myself if I lost this beautiful piece. I dug it out of an old Gator pit as we locals call it, near Winyah Bay South Carolina while salvaging other old cypress and heart pine for lumber. General Marion lead his men through this area that is notorious for a two-day battle along old Georgetown Road which is now abandoned and grown over. Pic related, found it 5ft to my left.
>>
>>17347148
I love how spiritual beings with the ability to literally turn mountains to dust and build pyramids get defeated by simple shit the Christ-God made you forget.

I hope it eats your soul so I can make a wand of faglet out of it.
>>
>>17348910
Evermind the law of three....it does return that which you cast
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.