[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any penalties, or do you think there would be, for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: 874.png (93KB, 339x321px) Image search: [Google]
874.png
93KB, 339x321px
Are there any penalties, or do you think there would be, for releasing a soul by suicide? This is assuming souls exist and there is some sort of continuation after death, in some way.
>>
>>17345476

Do what thou will.

It's not a blessing, it's a curse.

You're cursed to do what you want.

So do.
>>
Our body is not our own's but the Lord's.

The proper answer to this is to keep the fear of the LORD. Why would we kill ourselves when even by praying to God alone can we do great things for the world. I truly believe that in the name of Jesus Christ, you can pray your way anywhere or out of any situation.
>>
>>17345501

Christianity or not, that doesn't answer the question as to the actual penalties.
>>
>>17345501
>you can pray your way anywhere or out of any situation

Yea sure. That worked so well for the Jews that died at Auschwitz and Treblinka Nazi extermination camps.
>>
>>17345529
>That worked so well for the Jews that died at Auschwitz and Treblinka Nazi extermination camps.

Exactly, because , first, it didnt happen, and second, Jews are cursed forever by God.

Jews have nobody to pray to save for Lucifer.
>>
>>17345476
if you commit suicide, you would of never learned you lesson. the penalties have been in every religion. you know the risks. your family and friends would be devistated, along with your soul.
>>
>>17345501
This is such bullshit. Go to Africa and tell me about all the devout and fearful Christians making the most of their lives through constant prayer.

>>17345476
There are a bunch of different beliefs about this. Some say that you get reincarnated again and again as an eternal cycle of suffering until you achieve the ultimate release via enlightenment or whatever that gives you to power to opt out permanently. Others say that you get thrown into a lake of fire so you can continue to exist in torment for eternity as punishment for trying to escape your existence.

Personally I believe a little in the former, I want to believe that when we die that's it and we just decay back into the everything so that something else may grow, but I feel like I'll just be born again and made to start over. Possibly as someone more ugly or fucked up than I already am.
>>
>>17345540
What lesson? That it all sucks? The penalties exist in every religion because people are so selfish they think that the presence or life of another person belongs to them and not that person. If they actually cared about these people they might support their decisions, but they don't. They only ever care about how useful or comforting others are to have around, so they make it the word of God that they're not allowed to leave them behind.
>>
>>17345536
satan = 'adversary' lucifer = 'bearer of light'
to whom are you referring to?
>>
>>17345536
What the fuck
>>
>>17345581
the lesson being, that you will either endure or your soul will be reclaimed and hashed out to live out another existence on the limitless planets. its on you, kill yourself and find out. im not debating you, im telling you that you know the risks of suicide. your soul will be tormented by your mistake, untill you are ready for the next life. take it or leave it.
>>
>>17345476
I think there is a fixed 2 levels worth of XP penalty for it
>>
>>17345536
This isn't your everyday autism. This is advanced autism.
>>
>>17345587
What if I don't want the next life? This all operates under the assumption we're meant to care about this shit. If we have the option not to care to try and end it, why would we keep being forced to come back?

So we could fit into some higher being's ideals for what we should want or be? So we can be smashed again and again for centuries until we fit into their mold? Fuck that, if I do ascend to whatever next life waits for me I'm going to punch the cunt in charge for not giving me or anyone else the choice not to play this stupid game.
>>
>>17345604
lmfao, you think its that simple? you foolish person. im not here to prevent a suicide, im not here to quell your anger or release your hopelessness. im here to tell YOU, that YOUR actions will have consequences. that is all
>>
>>17345592
Lurk moar, newfag. This is lower than basic autism, by /x/ standards
>>
>>17345615
Nah. That's more /pol/-tier autism. /x/-tier autism is more like "Jimmy Carter was Michael Jackson's tulpa" or something.
>>
>>17345476
Yes, if you commit suicide you become a civil servant in the afterlife. Didn't you watch Beetlejuice?
>>
>>17345651
True, but /x/ holds as much hate for da jooz as /pol/.
We are the occult division of the Fourth Reich
>>
>>17345702
Remember when people sais Jews are human-hybrid aliens? Wait, that's everyday.
>>
>>17345822
Motherfucker, said*
>>
>>17345476
You don't have to stay here. Any external device that makes you feel obligated to can always be deconstructed into some form of artificiality, at its core.

Just be sure you know where you're going before you leave.
>>
>>17345877
As for penalities, do you think there should be penalties?
>>
File: 1449050384797.jpg (9KB, 199x242px) Image search: [Google]
1449050384797.jpg
9KB, 199x242px
>>17345564
>This is such bullshit. Go to Africa and tell me about all the devout and fearful Christians making the most of their lives through constant prayer.

>niggers good christians
>>
>>17345891
>pope telling them abstinence is good
>rape happens more
>who is the better christian
>>
>>17345476

I don't know OP, why don't you try then post results?
>>
File: 1372672232120.png (96KB, 332x333px) Image search: [Google]
1372672232120.png
96KB, 332x333px
Interesting question, OP...

I don't have an answer, but does anyone know what would happen if two people committed suicide together?... Like a Suicide Pact?.. Would their souls be forever together?..

[spoiler]I intend to do this sometime soon... my hope is I won't be trapped, at least alone.[/spoiler]
>>
>>17345476
Yes. If someone commits suicide their sound will be devoured by a "creature" they will not go to heaven or hell like certain religions try to say.

This interrupts the cycle of life as there are a predetermined number of souls available. If the creature devours too many he will manifest into a physical being.
>>
>>17347046

Tell me more about this 'creature'...
can it be defeated? If it eats too many, will the souls be free? If it consumes a particularly powerful soul (willpower wise)... can that soul take on a part of its consciousness?
>>
>>17345583
I've been angry about this shit too anon
>>
Do action have concequence?
>>
File: Amygdala.jpg (11KB, 246x188px) Image search: [Google]
Amygdala.jpg
11KB, 246x188px
>>17347051
This is where you will spend the rest of your life if you kill yourself

Yes, indeed, however, everything you said is true
>>
>>17347071

It's not that simple, you fuck.
>>
>>17347078
You know something I don't, cholo?

Any reason in particular you're withholding that information?
>>
>>17347051
Upon manifestation the creature can only be defeated by 'the pure hearted'
In order to defeat it a group of pure hearted people must trick it into devouring their souls.
If they were truly pure hearted their souls will begin to counter the malice within the creature.
Once the malice is canceled out by good the creature then will 'burst' releasing the souls it has taken, allowing them to be born in a state of purity, as how humans begin.
However the souls of the sacrificed will be lost forever. The creature then will begin feeding once again, repeating the cycle until human excistence is no more.
>>
>>17347081

To be fair, you're implying that something negative happens if someone does kill themself. So, your post can be reflected back at you.
>>
>>17347091
Isn't that the plot of Demon's Souls?
>>
>>17347101
Tak no.
>>
>>17347101
No, it's the plot of Bloodborne
>>
>>17347119
I've literally never played either of those.
>>
In the Middle Ages, the Christian church excommunicated people who attempted suicide and those who died by suicide were buried outside consecrated graveyards. A criminal ordinance issued by Louis XIV of France in 1670 was far more severe in its punishment: the dead person's body was drawn through the streets, face down, and then hung or thrown on a garbage heap. Additionally, all of the person's property was confiscated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_suicide

it's a history thing. But you might just hang around? natural death is probably not that far away.
>>
>>17347153
There are many reasons why this was done, and none of it involved souls or objective sin. It was always human arrogance or greed, people who couldn't wrap their head around the perspective of another person wanting to die and people who didn't like the idea of losing a source of money/comfort. Everyone always thinks they know what is best for everyone else.

Of course the church or a royal is going to be pissed when their slaves get tired of leading shitty lives and doing all the work for them. Also try looking up suicide and how it's related to religion, it's similar stuff that follows the same pattern.

On another note, how does one kill the soul assuming it exists?
>>
>>17347213
>none of it involved souls

>>17347153
>Christian church

We got some certified scholars in the house tonight looks like
>>
>>17347218
Most of that was just because the church was bitter and didn't want to be associated with anyone who committed suicide, same reasoning why they pulled all the damnation for an unnatural death out of their asses. Unless you actually think where they bury you mattered metaphysically.

Rome had it surprisingly well though, at least being honest about others not being allowed to simply because they were useful and allowing those who had petitioned to get help in killing themselves.
>>
File: 1425005921875.png (198KB, 320x297px) Image search: [Google]
1425005921875.png
198KB, 320x297px
>>17347259
>none of it involved souls

>Christian church

fthang dhtuer ghehdh dsh thsng cthulhu ftangsl wlaof sdf
>>
>>17345476
By eating you are killing yourself.
By living where you live and breathing there you are killing yourself.
We are all killing ourselves.
There arent penalities,if you accepted death you might find new body relatively fast.
>>
>>17345476
What do you think?
>>
>>17345482
You know that chump change just got famous because he saw some shoddy iron gate work, right?

Jesus loves you
>>
File: gold key.jpg (223KB, 878x654px) Image search: [Google]
gold key.jpg
223KB, 878x654px
You pretty much delete your save file and all your progress trough your past lives goes to shit and you gotta start all over again
basically, you start your karmic cycle from the start.... so you are actually wasting a couple of eternities already spent living and evolving your "soul" so to speak
>>
>>17349397
but like, why tho?

how do we suicide the cycle?
>>
>>17345476
You don't need some psuedo-wisdom to keep you from cursing yourself.

Also you would have to do it right.

Depending on where you want your soul to go you should consider either gifting your flesh to Gaia, so that she may release your earthly entanglement, or go for obliteration so your soul isn't stuck in the universe even.
>>
File: 1395894756925.jpg (962KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1395894756925.jpg
962KB, 1024x683px
>>17349533
what do you mean? as in never evolve or never exist?
there's a way to reach the finish line, and a way to start all over again, one is a long and interesting trip and the other one already has been answered, but to end the karmic cycle well... its a pretty long explanation and i myself dont really get it fully, turn to some indian ancient knowledge (as in bhagavad gita) and some buddist philosophy and teachings and you may start to get it, but its a lot to study and meditate on before actually "getting it"
>>
>>17349551
this sounds no different than any other religious bulltoot
>>
>>17345476
There is no penalty for dying by your hand or anothers. Jesus showed that. You inner nature and actions will determine what happens next.
>>
>>17349551
>>17349397
What about the noble eightfold path? Or the argument that killing yourself is a way to pass on, symbolizing that you have absolutely no attachments to this world or yourself?
>>
File: number-eleven.jpg (803KB, 1896x1660px) Image search: [Google]
number-eleven.jpg
803KB, 1896x1660px
>>17345476
Depends how you do it.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.