[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get an /x/ approved vidya thread? Doesn't necessarily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

File: 123431241234.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
123431241234.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
Can we get an /x/ approved vidya thread? Doesn't necessarily have to be in the horror genre, just /x/ in general.
>>
Which one is your favorite?
>>
>>17344033
What game is that? Also bump, I want to get into horror games
>>
File: sunlessea.jpg (131KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sunlessea.jpg
131KB, 1920x1080px
>>17344033

Sunless Sea. Dark, ominous, creepy, surreal. Great /x/ style environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhIk2PqPU3o
>>
>>17346176
Fran Bow

Not OP, but I really enjoyed it. You should know that it's not a horror game though. Only for the first chapter pretty much
>>
>>17346188
seconding Sunless Sea, fucking excellent.

Fair warning, if you don't enjoy reading, this game is going to drive you fucking crazy. Heavily text driven.

On that note I will also recommend Fallen London from the same creators, it's in the same world and it's also very good.
>>
>>17346249
That's the truth, if you don't read the text you're probably not going to get much out of the game.
>>
Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time. It's a first person point-and-click from the 90s. You go back in time to recover ancient alien technology from Atlantis, Shangri La, and El Dorado to save the world from different aliens in the future.
>>
File: Arthur approved.jpg (25KB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur approved.jpg
25KB, 232x232px
>>17346279
Also, Arthur is there. He's there too.
>>
>>17344033
Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers
Get the remastered/rereleased one on Steam, supernatural detective point and click.
>>
>>17346240
Not horror but definitely heavy on the /x/

Deals with mental illness, alternate realities, time, ext...

Ending is a little shit though, basically all the heroes riding off into the sunset in a game that really didn't need a happy ending.
>>
Bumpin' for more spoopy games
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
Year Walk
>>
File: screen568x568.jpg (11KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
screen568x568.jpg
11KB, 568x320px
Limbo was great, really recommend. If you haven't, check it out.

Also http://gamejolt.com/games/bernband/34864
>>
>>17344033
The way water flows. Saw my friend play it once and I'm not even sure it was a full game. Probably ARG.
>>
>>17348560
bro you're such a gay. kill yourself
>>
>>17344033
this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FlSdHyXYO8

>Saturn priests
>>
The Consuming Shadow is probably one of the niftiest little horror games I've played. It's an investigatory rogue-like with side-shooting elements to it.

Basically, you're a paranormal investigator working out of Britain to stop an eldritch god from breaking through into our reality. You do this by travelling throughout the country gathering parts of a banishment ritual. Each time you play, the invading god, elements associated with it, and its magic changes, and because identifying which god is invading is crucial for the ritual to work, you also have to determine which one has set its sights on our universe from evidence in the game's dungeons. When you die, you accumulate XP which you can spend on your next playthrough to make things a little easier.

Don't be fooled by the graphical limitations, it can be pretty foreboding and unnerving. You're never really quite sure how monsters work, so it stays very unpredictable.
>>
Lone Survivor is a pretty good game, and has a lot of replayability if you care for this type of shit
>>
Haven't played this myself, but I watched the game play on YouTube.
It is recommended to play at night and wear headphones for high creep factor.
>>
>>17350748
>"LOOK MOM, I'M PRETENDING TO HAVE TASTE AGAIN!"
I would recommend you to kill yourself, but you are already dead inside, suffer well
>>
File: Sanitarium.jpg (19KB, 256x310px) Image search: [Google]
Sanitarium.jpg
19KB, 256x310px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1WAA1lQ6vQ
>>
File: Untitled.png (287KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
287KB, 750x1000px
Bloodborne - Plays similar to Dark souls but much faster paced. What makes it great though is the constantly ominous atmosphere and the VERY relevant Lovecraftian lore throughout the whole game
>>
>>17352132
>The Consuming Shadow
I just spent 4 hours playing this game, Anon I thank you.
>>
I have no mouth and I must scream
>>
>>17352484
no pls
>>
>>17352501
I have no scream and I must mouth
>>
>>17352331
its a mobile game, or atleast has a mobile version. Nothing but walking in hallways blind using the vibrations of sound to see, and then having spooky sounds follow you. I didnt like it much.
>>
Kanoguti - Walking
>>
File: no really, try it, it's fun.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
no really, try it, it's fun.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
Survival crisis Z, aka SCZ. It's a great isometric shooter that plays with the common zombie concepts but once you get through the basic survival and move on to the exploration you'll start to see the /x/ stuff. It's also free but you'll need to patch it to run it on anything past xp.
>>
File: also more fun then it looks..png (755KB, 1273x765px) Image search: [Google]
also more fun then it looks..png
755KB, 1273x765px
Also, Barotrauma for you deepwater folk. It's more straight forward then you might expect from the tutorial but it's one of those games that you need to play with friends or maintaining the sub will drive you nuts before you can garner any enjoyment from it.
>>
Anything good for Android? My HDD is fucked so no PC right now.
>>
>>17352474
I'm glad I could get someone else into it!

Have you encountered The Face yet?
>>
TSW fits the nice conspiracy aspect of /X/
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.