[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

diabolus en musica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

why is there such a common theme of music having some hidden "evil" in it?

like paganini and robert johnson, why is selling your soul to gain musicianship a common theme? where does that come from? is it just in general soul selling or is it something more specific to music?
>>
>>17340654
Very interesting topic indeed. Stravinsky's stage work L'Histoire du Soldat also relates to this theme. It is based on a tale from Russian folklore about a soldier who trades his fiddle with the devil for limitless wealth.

Diabolus in musica is a different subject tough. It is a concept from medieval music theory, relating to the interval of the tritone. According to medieval philosophy and theology, in accordance with Pythagorean theory, God created the world with measure and number, and beauty, visual as well as musical, was a matter of harmony and mathematical proportion. So you would expect that the musical interval located exactly in the middle between a tone and its octave (two whole tones and one half tone from each) to be the most beautiful. But it turns out that it is the tritone, the most ugly-sounding interval. The way that the medieval music theorist made sense out of this was to say that this was the work of the devil. Hence diabolus in musica.
>>
>>17341285
can you give example which notes to play?
>>
>>17341285
>two whole tones and one half tone
Actually it's three whole tones. Hence tri-tone.

>>17341747
Sure. Try B and F or C and F#.
>>
I believe that the whole collaboration of the music industry and selling ones soul to the devil is metaphorical and having to do with conspiracy at the roots.

Ill explain, metaphorically speaking the elitists of the world whom own the media and music in general are like the devil. When one sells their soul for fame and money to the devil in accordance to the music industry it is when an artist signs his contract with the mainstream label owned by the elitists. These people with the influence of elitists achieve fame and of course the artists end of money.

What elitists gain is usage of the new found fame for control of masses. By using the music which now a days younger generations are being more prone to they can use imagery and similar ways of brain washing for conformity. They can now subliminally or out right with messages in music send their messages in accordance to how they want the masses to act.

To finalize this is only within the music industry as your question stated and is once again metaphorical. A physical devil does not exist; there is evil in the form of a collective of humans though.
>>
>>17340654
Because = Frequency.

We all exist within this 3rd density as vibrational energy condensed in matter. That vibration is affected by a multitude of known and unknown factors, and one of them is sound. Music affects your frequency however it is made. Soothing music calms you aggressive music gives you drive. It´s not a matter of cultural chance, it´s frequency.

As such, the "evil" uses this medium to get to it´s manipulation point. The rest, i believe you all understand.
>>
Devil absolutely is real

Dont be fooled
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 443x332px
>>17341890
>Ill explain, metaphorically speaking the elitists of the world whom own the media and music in general are like the devil.

Gee I wonder who they are...

Good analogy between the devil and the people "who own the media and music in general".
>>
>>17341975
Kill yourself, jus sayin'
>>
>>17341975
get the fuck out of my thread, /pol/
>>
Because music is real magic in the sense that it can affect people's subconscious and make them feel thing they had not previously been concious of wanting to feel.
>>
>>17340654
diarrhea and mucosa
>>
>>17340654
in my opinion, it's because it's a universal metaphor.

the metaphor is that you are making a heavy sacrifice for some power, talent, wealth, fame that you couldn't otherwise have achieved.

the idea of selling your soul is related to the idea of giving up your values or your personal integrity or some important piece of who you are to get something that you desire more than anything.

it's about temptation.
it's about false expectations of wealth and fame and trading something away only to realize that you were better off in the first place.
it's about power being a corrupting force.
it's about how talent gains you respect but also separates you from everyone else.
it's about shedding your humility and loyalty to god or whoever you used to worship and instead you "worship" the gift that you're given by the devil.

there's a lot of things that could be in there but it's not just related to music, though it pops up a lot there. "selling your soul to the devil" is just an expression that most of us understand instantly. it's short hand for expressing a complicated idea and an impulse that most of us can relate to.
>>
>>17341975
>tritone
this goy gets it
>>
>>17340654

Friend of the Devil - Grateful Dead

Devil Went down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band

Hotel California - The Eagles

Sympathy for the Devil - Rolling Stones

Black Sabbath - self explanatory
>>
>>17344202
Right? Can you believe people have the nerve to point out who actually runs the media and music industry instead of "le lelminatti natzis"? I'm disgusted. We need more Internet censorship
>>
>>17344883
Hotel california is about google. :/
>>
Some people just weren't ready for metal.
>>
>>17341975
be silent goy
>>
>>17344896
>I'm 15 and I learned what censorship is yesterday

Get the fuck out of my thread, underage
>>
File: 20160115_221830.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160115_221830.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Ive been making beats for about 8 years. And my best ones came out while I was in a stage of my life full of drugs, depravity, fornication and the occult. Now that I straightened out my life and cleansed myself O cannot make a beat worth shit.

Most of these beats I made in a kind of trance where weeks later I would find the project file on my pc and dont remember when or how I had made the beat.

Take this how you want.
>>
Music is the devil
>>
All these people are idiots and do not know anything

Most people say selling your soul to become famous in the music industry just really means...

You give your rights over as a person to said industry that buys you as a person. You no longer control what you do or who you are. You wear what they want you to wear, you say what they want you to say and so forth. You promote whatever they want you to promote. The more fans you have the better, because hardcore fans of said artist or group are almost always listening to all their albums and influence them most.

>Just kidding I do not know shit but this is what I believe with 0 evidence at all.
>>
Now these are those whom David appointed over the service of song in the house of the LORD, after the ark rested there. 32They ministered with song before the tabernacle of the tent of meeting, until Solomon had built the house of the LORD in Jerusalem; and they served in their office according to their order.…
>>
>>17346465
Are you that christfag always copypasting quotes from the bible into threads that hold no relevance to the thread at all.. please tell me that its you???
>>
>>17346476
I'm the mild christian. Not the hell and brimstone preacher, that's another guy. With all the accepted shitposting thast is just accepted you probably should not complain.
>>
>>17346502
Well said. I will no longer complain dude carry on >:)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.