[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagination and Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: red rose star.png (33KB, 631x600px) Image search: [Google]
red rose star.png
33KB, 631x600px
Simple question- what is the relation to the Astral Plane and the imagination? I've got this theory going that magic is essentially imagination+willpower. Anyone care to posit their own theories?
>>
I think that the imagination is a realm inside the Astral Plane.
>>
>>17338823
well damn. I tap into it on a regular basis

What gives? Why is it so easy to access the astral plane in this manner, when it's difficult to access it via other methods?
>>
>>17338819
i have a similar if not the same philosophy. however i still believe there are rituals that can be done to harness exterior energy, bringing in entities that COULD as well be done with internal magic (belief, willpower) but also can be done with said rituals.

my question is why these specific rituals themselves have so much energy. what about the specific details and steps that you follow through with said ritual for a hex, charm, etc make it so? why isn't it all internal magic, and why isn't internal magic always as powerful as exterior magic?

perhaphs i'm mislead, surely someone can point me towards a clearer understanding
>>
>>17340173
The collective thoughts and dreams of mankind populate the astral. By using these primal forces, collective egregores, one's magic reveals the transinfinite nature of the self by congress with the transinfinite nature of the collective unconscious / animus mundi / veltgeist.
>>
>>17340193
that makes more sense. that was a theory of mine, i didn't know how solid it was though.

that's a warming sense, letting us know that our energies aren't alone, proving (almost) that our energies aren't alone on this plane and we aren't the only ones experiencing emotions and feelings, everything's connected etc
>>
>>17340208
Yep. Many of these Gods can be quite alien. Non-Euclidian tentacled vaginas and more.
>>
>>17338819
>what is the relation to the Astral Plane and the imagination?
None whatsoever. When, after shutting down every imaginative process in your entire being, you can still feel mental constructs flowing in the world around you, then is the time you have begun to let the astral in.
>magic is essentially imagination+willpower
*sigh*

That's the stupid theory I was afraid of. No. Magic is not a will-meets-will scenario. If you jumps balls first into magic with the "understanding" that all you have to do is will hard enough to make things work, it WILL blow up in your face. It WILL literally blow up in your face. It will LITERALLY BLOW UP IN YOUR FACE IF YOU PUMP WILLPOWER INTO IT.

Willpower is NOT a solution to too much magic.

This is literally why I explained the Fae.
>>
>>17340162
One is you and the other is beyond you.

Getting over yourself isn't always easy.
>>
>>17338819
I tend to think of it that magic is the combination of science and art, and that it's not really just imagination and will, but INTENTION and will, as well as imagination. Magic is higher physics I think. The thing with imagination is that it can do ANYTHING, just like spirit, as well as you are balanced and self-powered/stable enough.

It's true what >>17340193 said, this makes sense.

For my magic, I commune with all sorts of spirits andf entities to get what I need to do done: God, gods from all sorts of planes, my patron gods and pewrsonal archai, elements, Forces, all sorts of ideas and egregores, as well as "chaos magick" using my own personal "metaset", which are just modded chakras into nodal-informative coloforms.

You can also think of your magi and spells as active spells and passive spells, Honestly, I would just stay away from negative spells, urses and hex's and stuff. Learn from them but try and stay away from suing them for attack. I use 4d/Higher Love as my main spell filler and 2d Thoughplane as my canvas.
>>
>>17338819
the imagination is the canvas the astral works upon when you interact with it. Painful oversimplification, but close enough
>>
>>17338819
OP don't listen to these faggots:
>>17340847
>>17340924
And this guy is close:
>>17340981

The astral plane's correlation from Metaphysics to Quantum Physics is Akesh.

Not the actual manifested information but when and when it is, in processing of physics, by the universe.
If this made your head 'splode then keep working at it but imma keep going since you could just come back to this...

Basically willpower is the chakra/consciousness equivalent of execution of physics, the grinding of the gears if you will.
In example, w/o will nothing sentient can be/evolve, and to a certain degree even raw information wouldn't get chaotic enough to be anything at all.

Now, if you really want to know so literally, the Astral Plane is like the Ground or Space which the Mental Realm is planted in. To be acute, the Astral Plane is Bound or Consecrated by the Mental Realm. Now this correlation to willpower, or rather that force of Arcane Potential, with the Astral Plane's Mirroring effect for Prana, or life spirits, most likely when your consciousness is rooted in asking these sorts of questions, makes this Arcane Potential as information seem distant from the manifestation which us magic users seek so dearly. In truth, they are the same, but the temporality or illusion of time, makes the equation very, very much more difficult.

If you didn't follow any of that, your willpower (in terms of Arcane Potential) is weaved from your 'space' in the Astral Realm, which is DEFINED BY your Soul/Eternal Sum of Spiritas.

You should look at an 8 Chakra system and try to differentiate the consciousness effect and philosophic/metaphysic delta between the two.
Your approach is too scientific to not be grounded in some sort of biology or physics, but you have a commendable curiosity.
>>
>>17338819
There is no magic. If you say there is then go collect your money from James Randy. Otherwise your just another role player. This board would be interesting if it were dedicated to actual discussion on mysteries, unexplained events and the possibility of certain beliefs. Instead it's a bunch of fucking retards pretending that they do magic and tulpas and ton of other retarded shit. I fucking hate people..
>>
>>17342742
You might say the mental plane projects and patterns the astral plane, like astral does to etheric, etheric to physical, and might be physical to where demons dwell, the plane "farthest" from spiritual, which we could call demonic.
>>
>>17342762
Get a good book on the subject and do your own research on the topics mentioned on it.
For you, with a scientific education, this could be a nice starting point:
http://www.science-frontiers.com/sourcebk.htm

And do yourself a favor, read the UK Fortean Times magazine. You can find torrents with the latest issues easily.
>>
>>17342742
One should never heed the words of a fool who instructs us not to listen.
>>
>>17342762
>the possibility of certain beliefs
The fuck do you think discussion of magic and the astral/spiritual world is?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.