[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stars through the moon!?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

Hey /x/!

Can someone please enlighten me as to how this is possible..? Seeing stars THROUGH the moon? My view of the world is falling apart...

http://aplanetruth.info/2015/10/15/stars-through-a-translucent-moon-you-can-do-yourself/
>>
Because the moon is a hologram, you unenlightened fool.
>>
>>17334248
Can't see through the moon. Can see light generated by the moon. Can see light reflected off of the moon. Can see airplanes between you and the moon.
>>
>>17334248
That star is closer to the earth than the moon is, dipshit
>>
>>17334248
Could it be a weird reflection?

I don't actually know but that's what I would assume. I mostly want to know what they is a yellow/orange star some nights. Its really bright.
>>
>>17334263

Are you serious?
>>
It could any number of things. There are countless manmade objects, debris and other satellites in earth orbit currently. It could also be an edited photo or a photographic illusion/defect.
>>
>>17334248
Camera reflection most likely.
Nothing to see here.
>>
>>17334248
Satellite
>>
>>17334248
Most likely something lighting up a satellite. Happens fairly often.
>>
light bending round the moon
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 125x104px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 125x104px
>>17334263
>>
That's the gravitational lens effect, large bodies bend light around their gravitational fields.
>>
>>17334290
He's cleverly implying it isn't a star, in a way faggots like you will take as bait
>>
>>17334595
You're the dim fuck, not the sarcastic guy you're masterbating too
>>
>>17334601
Do you really believe the moon's gravitational field is strong enough to do that?
>>
>>17334595

It's clearly a very small star.
>>
>>17334248
I'd bet money that it's the ISS
>>
i just watched the vid and i see the guy one of those conspiracy retards that want everyone to believe in their delusions so mo much that put fake or misleading info out my brother believes them all the time, first what he believes from these retards is Nazi's on the moon, then we are in the matrix, then cthulu and the necronomicon is real and bullshit like that. these people should be put into mental wards
>>
>>17334248
Okay, it's clearly time for /x/ to take a collective breather. Right now the front page is littered with extremely stupid threads which were clearly created purely so people could goad others into calling them idiots, allowing them to then get into retarded shouting contests about who's the biggest shill.

That's just not anything anyone needs. I mean, OP, just take a minute. You made a very, very stupid thread specifically to get people to call you stupid...so you can act all mad at them? That's pretty dumb. So anyway, we need at minimum a 50% reduction in all this shit. Just give all the moon is a fake Earth isn't a spheroid space is an illusion mah chemtrails sort of, "insult me so I can insult you back," style threads. Thanks in advance, everyone!
>>
>>17334617
das a ufo mang
>>
>>17334617
i noticed, im in china, while the sky is so grey u cant see any stars theres still 2, one on each side of the city, glowing all night
>dats a ufo mang
>>
>>17334248
Come have a /x/ chat https://discord.gg/0k3oVnvCQfKzFsri
>>
>>17334610
Any gravity is strong enough to affect light, it's a matter of how much.

And I agree the moon isn't nearly massive enough to make the light from a star bend so much in such a short distance (earth to moon) that a star behind it would appear directly in front of the moon.
>>
It's just a satellite catching sunlight from the same angle as the moon, dingus. Why do people jump to the stupidest fucking conclusions on this board?

I mean, there are rational reasons for seeing a poof of fog and believing you saw a ghost. It's not a difficult to make that conclusion, because it requires no fucking critical thinking or contradiction to jump to. Rewriting the complete cumulative knowledge of how stars work and postulating that the moon is a hologram is just stunningly ambitious in its absolute stupidity.
>>
>>17334248
>Can someone please enlighten me as to how this is possible..?
Hyperpenis.
>>
>>17334278
Download Google sky, get a telescope, and boom, you've just dabbled in Astronomy.

You're either seeing Jupiter or Sirius.
>>
>>17334559
Sure there are, buddy.
>>
File: pic.jpg (4KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
4KB, 251x251px
>>17334263
>>
>>17334248
It is a satellite.
>>
>>17334263
Kek
>>
>>17334576
This .. ?
>>
>>17334815
Filtered. Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>17334248
it's an impact by a meteorite, that shit can be seen by the naked eye if it's big enough google it
>>
>>17337121
He's right. Dumbasses like you should leave to /b/ so that this place sees any decency, again.
>>
File: go.jpg (13KB, 250x331px) Image search: [Google]
go.jpg
13KB, 250x331px
>>17334815
who tf died and made u princess of /x/ u humongous faggot?
>>
>>17334248
Literally retarded.
It'd be far less retarded to suggest that it's either something on the moon or (the most likely of the two) that it's in between Earth and The Moo.
Either way it's still potentially /x/ material, but retards like you give this place a bad name.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.