[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mark Twain Satan part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: satan.jpg (27KB, 450x220px) Image search: [Google]
satan.jpg
27KB, 450x220px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhgLEkgO0yo

I really want you people to give me all of your interpretations of this scene, i just want to read differents points of views of what this can lead to.
>>
>>17331021
Satan there wonders why humanity are so retarded when they could do great things. The clay men fighting over the bull could be symbolize wall street.

Also it shows how meaningless those petty endeavors are in the end. It's basically giving the kids a perspective of how wasteful we are to ourselves.

Fucking phenomenal surrealism though.
>>
>>17331021
life is an illusion
>>
It's some kind of nihilism or eastern philosphy, watching this video reminds me of the experience of reading the yoga vasistha.
>>
>>17331021
Show for children
>>
>>17331021

There's nothing really to interpret. It's pretty black and white.

>humans think the universe must be just and fair
>Satan is beyond human and sees morality as the result of primitive organics
>all life is nothing more than animated matter and there's no difference between life and death
>>
>>17331021
In the novella, Satan (nephew of the biblical Satan) explains that angels are ignorant of sin and thus cannot actually commit it. I think the version I read phrased it as "We can do no evil, for we know evil not".

He says this after murdering the little clay men, as in the clip, and this really fucks the main characters perception of him. They had previously though he was the pinnacle of morality.

Basically, he's above morality. He's above human concepts like sin and evil.

Later on he explains how everything is just a transient illusion, so nothing really matters anyway.
>>
>>17331021
Only good scene in the whole thing.
>>
>>17333813
Think even its makers know that
>>
>>17331709
this
>>
>>17333813
it was cool. upvote
>>
Our lives are meaningless and being alive is your punishment. Compared to real power we are nothing.
>>
>>17331021
There's not a lot left unsaid though. Satan operates on a higher existensial plane and has the power to create and destroy as he wishes, so to him, human life is meaninglessness. Therefore he can't understand why humans fight over such things as bulls and it irritates him.

So their visit to Satan simply symbolises the ignorance and blindness of the humans; in order to understand how we spend our energy on worthless matters, we have to pursue the persepctive of an omnipotent diety.

One could also look at the symbolism from a Christian perspective on sin. Humans who are greedy and selfish and are punished by higher powers, as demonstrated by Satan. Think of as the biblical Deluge.
>>
>>17331021
competition over resources is a source of a lot of friction between people and gnostics, cathars, bogomoilists, manicheans and various other groups claim the material world is evil and created by satan, as satan created a mini material world here
>>
>>17331021
girl chooses apples, reference to eve
>>
>>17333918
this is an interesting perspective on satan, he does not punish people in purgatory because he woke up one day and decided to be evil
>>
>>17331709
>>17333819
how to be edgy 101: call random things illusions
>>
>>17331021
The stranger is supposed to be God but God saying those things was too edgy so they changed it to Satan.
>>
>>17334784
OP here, exactly they are pretty much saying god, the biblical god is in fact satan or at least the same entity, having for a brief moment a POV of all he has done and keeps doing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.