[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MEDITATION DISCUSSION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: buddh.jpg (593KB, 2556x1767px) Image search: [Google]
buddh.jpg
593KB, 2556x1767px
Lets have a meditation thread

I have a few questions for /x/. So I recently got back into meditation. I do vipassana and concentration meditation.

When doing concentration (samatha) I reach a state where I feel very focused, relaxed and an orgasmic feeling envelops me. This only recently started happening and when I think about it it is quite bizarre. Could this be access concentration or the first Jhana?

I'm interested in what people experience when they enter Jhana. For those that don't know there are supposedly 8 Jhanas, or states of absoprtion, that you can enter through concentration meditation (which is different from the more common mindfulness meditation).

What is the first Jhana like? Is it true you can experience other realms/lives in higher Jhanas?

More importantly, just post any experiences/questions you guys have with meditation
>>
I got a question.

I have never really meditated by myself, except a few guided meditations off youtube. When I did them, I honestly don't feel like I was doing it right, since my experience if it was that I was merely lying down and listening to a voice and somewhat visualualizing energy inside my body. I have someone close to me who a few times have gotten me to meditate together with her, and she's been doing vipassana and chakra meditations and such, talking about experiencing orgasms in every single cell of her body etc.

I'm wondering if there's something I'm just not getting, since my experiences is just calmness and knowing that I'm sitting still, breathing, and that I think about meditation quite a lot, but can't seem to be interested enough to actually start practicing it.

How do I into, and what should a beginner expect to find in order to determine that I'm actually meditating?
>>
>>17327635
Hey senpai. I practice hindu tantra.
The first jhana (or samadhi, i suppose theu are the same thing) i enter feels this way:
I focus on mu deity and keep repeating the mantra. Then at one moment i feel "sucked" backwards slightly. This causes me to see my mindspace as if i were watching from cinema. Increases my visualisation ability, and makes my face feel sorta numb. The numb feeling in the face is caused by a feeling as if my eyes were inside my head and i saw/felt my face from the inside of my head. Its a strange feeling, and goes away if i conciously note that its there.

The second stage is when i can significantly feel my nadi system. Usually it is only the surya and chandra nadi. This alows me to feel the individual smaller nadis also but to a lesser extent. Im usually inable to feel sushuma.

The third is when, well there isnt much to say about it. I loose the feeling of the earlier mentioned and any feeling of bidy at all. It more blisfull than anything else. I experience a white light/just emptyness filled to the edges with something. But there are still thoughts and i can continue concentrating on my deity.

Didnt go further.
>>
>>17327635

The vipassana method is a recent development and not part of the types of meditation practiced and perfected for thousands of years.

If you feel lightheaded or other strange things and feelings start coming up, you're generally deviating from meditation. If you're thinking too much about how you're feeling or reacting to it, whether good or bad, you're straying from being aware of what's actually going on and getting infatuated with various illusions.

The first jhana generally involves a sense of well-being with the absence of gross thought-activity. The deeper jhanas don't really feel like anything - there's breath, bodily feelings, whatever else might be going on, but there's no judgment and no sense of witnessing events, of "I" being there. Eventually they're not differentiated at all. It's a place beyond self, beyond time, utterly serene. It's not transcendent or fantastical, doesn't involve feelings of grandeur or whatever, it's just very quiet and calm in its simplicity.

>>17327651

You should not try to determine anything or strive towards something, just let those types of thoughts settle and keep practicing. Whether the meditation is there or not, whether it feels right or wrong, you're still there, practicing, not getting swayed. It should not matter to you. That's a good attitude to have.
>>
>>17327668
very nice, I've never tries hindu tantra but I'd like too. Do you know of any online resources to help get started?

for those interested, these are the 8 Jhanas according to the Pali scriptures in Buddhism, but I'm sure they are basicaly the same no matter your type of practice

http://www.leighb.com/jhana8.htm

Also, I'm pretty confident I can reach first Jhana, but haven't moved up to second. Any tips on this?
>>
>>17327651
try David Magone 15 minute meditation. He's a yoga instructor but his directions in both yoga and meditation are very clear and concise. I've had ADHD my whole life and while its not that severe it still makes meditating near impossible, until I found this guy.
>>
>>17327668

Do you have any resources on this ? I passed out after I felt suxked backwards a few times
>>
Only had one breakthrough with meditation. It was a time compression exercise.

If that hadn't happened I'd probably think all meditation was bullshit.
>>
>>17327635

Op I was meditating on the mantra buddha had for Ganesha. It is so powerful.
>>
>>17330119
>very nice, I've never tries hindu tantra

Hindu nuffin.
>>
>>17327635
My meditational states have more to do with the four humours. Whatever humour I currently relate to, I hone in on that feeling and concentrate on it.
>>
>>17327635
Not sure how to say it, but I never really looked nto any meditation guide, mostly because they ten to lead to religious stuff.

But when I focus my thoughts, I can make like something inside my body pass through the bones. When on back in the bed it's even easier, is this some kind of newbie meditation?
>>
>>17327635
use baba nam kevalam as mantra then let me know what happened.
>>
So basically I just breathe and anytime the mind wanders, I gently bring it back to the breath. That's literally the only meditation instruction I find on Shamata. Is that seriously all there is to it?
>>
ok serious question here, I will be very grateful for help

I meditated dillegintly for over a year and a half. After this time, I gained the ability to bring up a very energetic feeling in my body. It also feels like an orgasm for want of a better word. It can be summoned up at will at anytime of the day, but it sort of scares me and actually caused me to stop meditating. It doesn't seem natural, and when I do meditate, it becomes so intense I feel like my body is swept up into it and I will get goosebumps. I've been worried it is the result of some kind of tumor so I had a CT scan done even but it came back negative. If someone can assure me it is normal or at least shed some light on what is going on I would be very grateful because I would like to return to meditation
>>
>>17331188
>It can't possibly be simple, it's IMPORTANT!

:)

It's an exercise to increase awareness. Just like lifting a barbell by itself is a pretty silly thing to do, but it improves the muscle so it can perform better in life. So too meditation is a silly act isolating improvement of your awareness and peace, so you can be more aware and peaceful in your life.
>>
When I meditate I often reach a point where I'm alert and conscious but my body begins to fall asleep. It's like the stages before sleep paralysis.

During/after this I've become increasingly aware that I have no free will and that I am autonomous but my consciousness is an illusion.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>17331212
Intense energy manifestation is a pretty normal thing that can happen during meditation. Yours could be a manifestation of Kundalini since you're describing it as orgasmic. It's one signpost of many along the path and nothing to worry about.
>>
can someone tell me why is it so hard for me to meditate?
it used to be so easy before and now i cant
>>
>>17332094
I imagine like anything in life, you use it or you lose it. I'm in the same boat, nonny. Keep trying! We'll not only get back to where we were, we'll go beyond that.
>>
File: IMG20160112_222541_-2074491812.jpg (85KB, 575x893px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20160112_222541_-2074491812.jpg
85KB, 575x893px
I asked this in another meditation thread a few days ago. It did get a response but I thought I would ask a larger group of people.

First off I got this weird trust thing where it's tough for me to meditate around people because I get fearful when I close my eyes and I get anxious when I try to meditate by myself for no reason at all that I know of. Is this normal?

Next question I asked the other day. Why are you required in some practices to place your tongue against the roof of your mouth?
>>
>>17332111
back when i first started and never meditated before it was a LOT easier
now it just plain impossible
>>
>>17332145
I think it's normal. You're making yourself vulnerable to people who could hurt you while you're not paying attention. It's a beautiful thing, really, vulnerability. As long as its with someone you can trust.

I don't know about the tongue thing though.
>>
>>17332157
I feel exactly the same way, friend. Keep working at it. I'm frustrated, too, but we must let that go.
>>
Hello
I was thinking off trying meditation
Is there books sites vids etc for a total beginner that you could suggest to me?
Thanks
>>
I have been practicing meditation for 15 plus years. here's some tricks. ok so once you are able to turn off the chattering monkey brain and go into the inner world it gets interesting. now in the inner world what you focus on will be shown to you. like an emotion, or the past, future events etc. in this state you will see it true. the fun part is manipulating these things with will and determination. once you git gud at this well.. have fun hacking reality. here's a tip the strongest energy is the one that manifests.. so if you focus on what you want to mess with and overwhelm the current energy with your own.. have fun. I'm making this sound easier than it is though.
>>
>>17330586
can you find this on torrent? I'm interested, but don't want to actually pay money for it.
>>
>>17327635
What are your thoughts on transcendental meditation? It seems like an easy way to accessing the Jhanas
>>
File: 154.jpg (41KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
154.jpg
41KB, 600x480px
>>17327635
Yesterday, after many days and months of a certain practice I was able to "ignite" my body.

Through intense and persistent concentration and visualization my "body" began to transform itself into electricity which was raging like a pure flame.
My whole being was on fire, and I had control of it.
This new energy that literaly filled out my carnal body had full control over this carnal body.
At the same time, by virtue of this very fire now burning within me my consciousness became liquid. All crystalizations melted into singularity.

Water, Fire, Air, Earth and Akash
>>
>>17332145
I think the tongue thing has something to do with the throat chakra, also the roof of the mouth is very sensitive so it can give an unusual sensation for your mind to fixate on.
>>
i alwats get a strained brow and eyes while trying to meditate, any tips? really preventing me from making progress
>>
>>17327635
kill yourself
>>
>>17334035
Yeah the reason I posted it in the other thread was because it actually freaks me out quite a bit. I know that it sounds like I'm some super anxious person because of these things but it's actually the only things that make me panic.

I guess the tongue thing because nothing really ever touches the roof of your mouth and it just feels like the feeling of something touching it lingers for a while and the meditating around other people because I just don't trust others.
>>
>>17334035
According to Taoism tradition the tongue is a bridge that allows or block the energy flux through the microcosmic orbit. This is been used to release the energy concentration in the head when the kundalini is awaken.
>>
>>17333316
It's on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waYNEDZxEPY
>>
>>17334597
In your guys opinion is it necessary to do? Or is it hogwash?
>>
>>17336108
To avoid headaches for kundalini syndrome it's necessary to get the energy down, it is easier with this tongue position but I can feel energy flowing without it, so I really don't know, I guess this could be done without it but don't recommend it because the energy flows slower.
>>
File: dogsad.jpg (41KB, 542x535px) Image search: [Google]
dogsad.jpg
41KB, 542x535px
Need motivation to get back into meditation. It really helped back in the day. Maybe now that I'm a month clean of drugs and alcohol, do you guys think that would help?
>>
File: 1427206272586.jpg (2MB, 518x3648px) Image search: [Google]
1427206272586.jpg
2MB, 518x3648px
>>17327651
For you and other who want to start.
>>
Does anybody have any experience with fasting and meditation?

I have been planning on doing a couple weekend 2 day fasts where I meditate the whole two days.

What is the longest you've fasted, and whats the longest you've meditated?

I eventually want to work up to being able to fast for a whole week.
>>
>>17336155

it helped me in that situation. I think regular meditation helped me recover from being a tweaker. Most people I meet who quit the kind of habit I used to have seem like they're in a lot worse shape because of it today than I am. YMMV tho I guess
>>
>>17338702
I don't know the term fasting, could you explain it?
>>
>>17339433
It means to not eat food for a prolonged period of time.
>>
>>17336108
Prana can leak through the tip of the tongue, fingers and sacral chakra. I don't find this to be the case, or rather, I do feel energy leak out of my hands, but it sort of envelops my body I find. I don't really feel it as a leak. Perhaps at higher yogic or neigong type levels, you would feel like you want to block that energy from escaping through those meridians and into the pranic atmosphere, but I don't see it as particularly important in the main.

However, blocking, rerouting, short-circuiting energy flows through hand-based mudras can bring amazing meditational results. Even the mudra in the pic is amazing. That is gyan mudra with the lower hand and shuni mudra with the upper hand.
>>
>>17339468
But is not like Hira Ratan Manek's sun light feeding?
>>
>>17339561
no. those people eat light and ether/prana. the guy you mention is a fucking fake though.
>>
>>17339620
I don't know about the eating light, but the sungazing it's a pretty powerful technic, I used to practice it years ago
>>
>>17338702

30 days water fast. Very fascinating experience

I think 4 hours is my longest meditation session in one go. It's usually important to take short breaks every hour
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.