[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://mindhacks.com/2010/09/18/the -strange-face-in-the-mir

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: mirrororrim.jpg (142KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mirrororrim.jpg
142KB, 400x400px
http://mindhacks.com/2010/09/18/the-strange-face-in-the-mirror-illusion/

Anybody try the strange face in the mirror trick before? I've also heard of a variation where you print a mask of your own face scaled to lifesize and cut out eyeholes then do the same trick. Supposedly, it intensifies the effect quite a bit.
>>
>>17322435
Ive done it, its creepy but thats all
>>
File: rorrimirror.jpg (93KB, 768x1040px) Image search: [Google]
rorrimirror.jpg
93KB, 768x1040px
Also, if anyone is brave enough to try it tonight/now, please feel free to share your experience.
>>
>>17322440
What exactly did you do?
>>
>>17322449
>light off in bathroom (no windows)
>laptop semi closed on floor for dim lighting
>stare at face in bathroom mirror

basically, the colors started to go first, after around 5 minutes my face looked like my nose has disappeared. Any movement or looking around would like reset the effect.
>>
>>17322473
by "colors started to go" I mean I didnt register any colors on my face. It all looked shades of grey or black
>>
It doesn't do shit.

If there's enough light to see myself, my eyes just start to look a little bit creepy and shiny idk how to describe it. I think your brain kind of stops recognizing the object as a face for a couple seconds, since you have to stare for a while.

It's not creepy. It's no payoff at all, almost like blurring your eyes on one of those 3-d image things, only it's a face going all impressionistic instead of an image appearing.
>>
>>17322506
Cry more.
>>
>>17322506
>idk
No wonder your mental capacity is low. Fuck off back to Tumblr.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troxler's_fading
>>
>>17322435
Lack of visual stimuli makes the brain create it's own stimuli, like dreaming.

Staring at anything for long enough will reproduce this effect. Staring into a mirror in a dimly lit room works the best.

This was used on Mental patients for decades as a way to deal with multiple personality disorders. An Italian doctor did research on this technique back in the 80's.
>>
>>17322435

just did it for fun

i got creeped the fuck out

my eyes started to move off my face, and then like, stopped to the side of my head, and sorta started to look like fucked up dark lion with a small mane.

i pussy'd out, shit was weird.
>>
>>17322435
Used to do it all the time, maybe every night as a kid. The first time was at school, and another kid- we were in grade one or two- pulled me into an unused room in the gym and said-"Don't be scared, look at my face." He held to door such that just enough light to see something got through. "Do you see it? Do you see it?" Oh ya, I fucking saw it. I tried to make him stay there longer but, instead of freaking me out he booked. I can get it to happen almost at once, it's fluid. liquid, and responds to thoughts. Or not. It's a fun way to play tricks on one's own mind, or not.
>>
>>17322435

that;s a ugly guy

now yeah that happens if you stare at something like a idiot for too long you'll start tripping
>>
>>17324179
>if you stare at something like a idiot for too long you'll start tripping
You every morning vs. your bathroom mirror- nothing creepy about it
>>
>>17322435
Yes I did try... I did not wait long to see a a kind of daemon's face.

But as soon as I put the light up my face became normal.
>>
>>17322435
Actual spoopy shit you can do. Going to try this later, thanks for contributing quality OP.
>>
File: IMG_5265.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5265.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>17322435
i get weird when i drink liquor. i have sat in dark bathrooms many times for hours. ive stared at myself and moved back and forth and smiled at myself. bathrooms always creep me out sober.
>>
>>17327049
and oddly enough the only 2 dreams i ever had that i would consider nightmares (the criteria being i cant sleep after i wake up from them) involved bathrooms. specifically shower curtains.
>>
What the fuck? You guys are regards if you think that this does anything.

But, to prove my point, I did it. Followed the instructions on the site, and guess what? Nothing happened.
>>
>>17327227
Did you look in one spot and keep looking in that same spot? Or did you look around.
>>
>>17322627
>>17323458
I've been browsing /b/ for a month and now I'm rough like you guys: the post
>>
I will definitely do this,thanks for sharing OP
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_cinema
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.