[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a nephew and a niece coming this weekend to my house.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: panic.png (90KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
panic.png
90KB, 278x278px
I have a nephew and a niece coming this weekend to my house. They love horror movies/games and good ghost stories.

Any good spooky stories to scare children that you can share /x/? shoot your best.
>>
The Grifter
>>
Show them Earaserhead
>>
>>17319628

Screencap a roleplay threah here.
The kids won't sleep for weeks.
>>
>>17319628
Why do people assume the paranormal board is a haunted house store? Tell them about the void of hope called adulthood, that should scar them for life.
>>
>>17320231

/x/ is dead enough to take away horror stories anon. Thats a luxury you guys cant have.
>>
>>17319628
scarr stories to tell in the dark. read them one of those. I LOVED them when i was a kid.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/100578178/Alvin-Schwartz-Scary-Stories-to-Tell-in-the-Dark
>>
>>17320484
Thanks based anon!
>>
File: 1403546151784.jpg (67KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1403546151784.jpg
67KB, 540x405px
>>17320484
THIS. Every child should know the joy of being told cheesy campfire ghost tales accompanied by nightmare-fueling images.

>>17319653
But do this only if you want them in therapy for the better part of their lives.
>>
Tell them about that time when man hook hand hook car door.
>>
>>17319628
How old are they? How spoopy can we get without moving into the traumatizing territory?
>>
tell them the story of how by the time theyre old enough to pay taxes, the beauracracy of the government and incompetency of the leadership will have ensured that they are voiceless and nearly destitute at the bottom of an egalitarian ladder and they have no hope.

Or you know, scary stories to tell in the dark.
>>
>>17321680
Lol, what is it about eraserhead that is so detrimental to the psychic? I mean the dialog is so limited and the imagery is disturbantly astute. David Lynch truly had a way with imagery.

When I watched it, it made me feel dirty.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (35KB, 511x512px) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
35KB, 511x512px
Tell them about dogmen
>>
>>17322145
Because it creeps the hell out of adults, let alone really young or sensitive kids. Thought that was pretty obvious.

>>17322249
Only if you want them to become furries.
>>
>>17322400.
no no, you got me wrong. I was being introspective. Of course something that bothers/creeps an adult out is going to be extra creepy and disturbing to kids, that goes without saying. I was just trying to establish some kind of dialog as to why it is so disturbing to adults.

Is it the overlying message of early unexpected parenthood (and the option of abortion. Not to mention the fact that it's handicapped ) and having to deal with it. Or is it simply just the very graphic and astute imagery that David Lynch is able to portray?
>>
File: tumblr_ncvyz0S02d1qzmgc5o1_540.jpg (83KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncvyz0S02d1qzmgc5o1_540.jpg
83KB, 540x540px
>>17319628
>>17319628
>>17319628
Buy a copy of scary stories to tell in the dark. the pictures alone will get them
>>
>>17322816
>Is it the overlying message of early unexpected parenthood
While this isnt /tv/, just a little pro tip: Eraserhead has nothing to do with parenthood or abortion.
>>
>>17322827

Only the old ones. Which cost like £40 each.

The new editions got shitty comic styled pictures.
>>
>>17322903
Care to elaborate, because when I watched it, that was the most face forward concept portrayed. [spoilers[Example: he was frustrated with his beastly girlfriend and child they conceived and was obligated to marry or cut off relations with the family, but opted to stay. Meanwhile he lusted after the hot lady across the hallway and fantasized about her, only to realized it was mere fantasy and go crazy killing (abortion, be it far from current legal constants) his mutated child[/spoilers].

If you see any other esoteric concept in the picture I'd love to know.
>>
>>17322816
>>17322903

There's no definitive answer, because it's David Lynch. You might as well ask if hexagons taste purple or whether blind mice dream of sound.
>>
>>17322945
>that was the most face forward concept portrayed
Exactly, this is David Lynch were talking about here.

Lynch himself has directly stated that to his knowledge no one has interpreted the film with his personal interpretation. Since the first assumption would be about parenthood and abortion, its pretty clear that was not his intended interpretation. Others have said the movie is more generally about fear and overcoming it.

I think the most important thing to remember about Lynch is that his own creative process rarely focuses on an intended message and is more freeform as he goes, its why his work comes across dreamlike disjointed and surreal.

He has stated that the best part about Eraserhead is that everyone pulls somethign different from their own interpretation but based on his commentary it's not really 'about' parenthood and abortion. Lynch's films arent "about" anything usually and your reflection on the film says more about yourself than about the director.

Since he has specifically stated in this instance that no ones interpreted it the way he did, the parenthood/abortion angle is off the table.

Generally the best idea is not to interpret Lynch films, they're not stories they're experiences.
>>
>>17322979
Thank you, this clarifies it very much. And I understand what you are saying.

But I'd argue that to not interpret his films is to forgo the personal experience they may convey. And to ignore that is to reject your own experiences and to not grow as an individual from the concepts they may portray. Even if they are only on a personal level.
>>
>>17323033
That was poor wording on my behalf, you are of course correct.

What I meant by that was, not to see them as having a specific interpretation, they're not 'stories' in that sense. If you realize that they're not 'puzzles' like a lot of metaphorical arthouse films, meant to be figured out, you'll enjoy them more.

I guess Im saying, theyre not jigsaws, theyre rorschachs. Insisting on one interpretation is probably fruitless. The only thing we could classify (I suppose) as "true" would be the directors interpretation, which he stated had not been worked out by anyone else.

Your interpretation of it being about parenthood and abortion is no less legitimate than anyone elses interpretation, including Lynches.
>>
>>17321698

One is 12, the other one around 15... so not THAT young.
>>
File: Alwaysobservingyou.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Alwaysobservingyou.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
TribeTwelve. YouTube channel. Been around since 2010
>>
>>17319628
Creepy Stories to tell in the dark is perfect man. It's made for children so there is nothing gorey or creepily sexual. Still pretty scary.
>>
>>17323838
That's old enough for watching "adult" movies.
Show them some Asian stuff like Ringu and Shutter.
>>
>>17323838
You have to take into account their personal maturity levels as well as their age. Do they freak out easily or are they more like the "been there, seen that" desensitized kind of kids?
>>
>>17322827
So what's in these jars, anyway? Salt for purification? Flour? White sand?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.