[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lost number

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

Ok guys, I remember a few years ago when I came across something on the scp wiki about a formula talking about us missing a number somewhere. Recently I've been thinkin on this a lot. I came across another article somewhere talking about how the deaths tectonic plates shift and there's multiple layers of these plates that shift around, and I was thinking, what abut if that missing number thing was real? Could that provide proof that the earth is way way older than anyone believed? Could that explain where all these ancient civilizations went? Are they so much more ancient than anyone guessed that they were literally swallowed up by the earths tectonic shifts billions of years ago and we just haven't realized it is possible because our mathematical system is flawed? Just running off that idea that our mathematical system is flawed, could that be why we can't master deep space travel and time travel? Thoughts?
>>
File: 4815162342.png (394KB, 703x453px) Image search: [Google]
4815162342.png
394KB, 703x453px
>a formula talking about us missing a number somewhere.
>>
File: Doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
OP if there was a hidden number where would it go? Why would be so detrimental to mathematics in any way shape or form?
>>
>>17315871
AI researcher here. Yes, current models fail to isolate the causal properties of reality. That's how it works, but there's a whole science devoted to failing to fit all the pieces together. You'd basically have to take a massive shit on the entire tradition of science to make that sort of claim.
>>
File: z28.png (470KB, 829x485px) Image search: [Google]
z28.png
470KB, 829x485px
>>17315899
>>
>>17316994
Yo, please don't Skynet us.
>>
>>17315871
>could that be why we can't master deep space travel and time travel?
That is correct to my understanding.
>>17319502
What is religion if not a forward action? It certainly provides no stable acausal communication in the non-temporal half of the timeline.
>>
>>17315871

ther is no missing number. There is, however, a small inaccuracy in some calculations, that when working with huge numbers adds up and causes discrepancies. Think of 1,00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 is a number used. They are just going to write 1 because the other shit seems irrelevant. But when you ignore it one billion times, the end number is going to be different than what it should be
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.