[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went to a church gathering for the first time. Weird feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
I am visiting my mother for the week. Mother wanted to attend a Christian worship gathering thing. I am not religious at all, but I had to drive mother there anyway.

When I arrived, it was Basically a band playing Christian songs and the audience dancing with their arms waving in the air, palms up to the sky, maybe their eyes closed. Some people occasionally mumbled something about "the lord" and "amen". It was a very strange and silly sight. I felt like I could not take anyone there seriously.

Anyway, while sitting there, my forehead felt very tingly, almost like a small vertical cut between my eyebrows and a little higher. Like weak electricity. It was an irritating feeling. Does anyone know what this could be in a paranormal or spiritual context?
>>
>>17296800
It's the Holy Spirit acting on your Soul. Wake up, sinner. Repent while you still can.
>>
a little gnome jesus was fucking our brain
>>
>>17296800
It could just be your body playing up, if so you should see a doctor. But most likely its nothing.

Although, I think you should do some research with a open mind. (Try to avoid believing it's a sign of god and you must now be a Christian, for now)
But maybe you should ask your mum or go back to the church again.
>>
>>17296862
I believe that it is a psychological phenomenon, or my fringe teasing my forehead in a weird way. I don't believe in spiritual things easily.

I am just curious as to what people here would think of it otherwise. I just find it fun to read about distant possibilities.

The feeling did not feel as if it was a sign of how i should be a Christian. It did not feel Christian in nature.
>>
It's 99.9999999999% likely it's a physiological reaction to something else. Not sky daddy.
>>
>>17296800
Did you have a coffee that morning? How was your breathing?

Could have just been a pressure issue in your head, not brought about by something paranormal.

It could also have been the first stages of your third eye opening up from being in that type of environment. Just like tingles to a limb that's gone dead before it wakes back up.

Do you know the effects of celebration and gratitude to the soul?
>>
>>17296800
hahaha those people were not Christian
>>
>>17296800
i wouldent worry bout it
>>
>>17296903
>99.9999999999% likely
>calculates probability out of the blue without even defining what is being measured
>muh scientific method
kek
>physiological reaction to something else. Not sky daddy.
>'something else'
>such science. wow.
>>
>>17296800
chakra
>>
Depends on how aware of your psychological state you are. When in the midst of believers, your brain engages in conforming and as a result, you get the feeling of believing there is something actually there.
Once its over your chemicals go back to normal. Just read a few neuroscience articles on how the brain deals with conformity in social instances.
>>
>>17296800
Bad news anon. You caught the autism.
>>
>>17296800
>my forehead felt very tingly, almost like a small vertical cut between my eyebrows and a little higher.
Your third eye is activating.
>>
>>17296903
OP already said that he is pretty sure it is psychological or physiological phenomenon, not a magical one.
>>
File: [email protected] (183KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
13813201@400-1403650610.jpg
183KB, 400x400px
>>17298719
Wat is even third eye.
>>
>>17296800
Upside down Chihuahua though.
>>
>>17296800
You've contracted a memetic virus, it takes over its hosts mind sealing off any threatening thoughts, in some cases it can lead to angry and even homicidal thoughts.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.