[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /x/ I always hear people saying having a brush with death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1439531797615.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1439531797615.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
So /x/ I always hear people saying having a brush with death will change you, and make you get a glimpse of the afterlife and Yada Yada, and over the summer I busted my head open lost 3 teeth from the impact and was blacked out for 4 hours but saw nothing but blackness, no hallucinations, no light, no god, no satan, no heaven, no hell. Just complete uninterrupted blackness. I'm not a religious man, honestly I despise the idea of a religion, i just dont get it, but I digress, is there a reason why I saw nothing, is there anything beyond this world, what are your expirences? Did I not see anything because deep down I just don't care about the afterlife?
>>
You're not going to see anything worth noting unless you actually go brain dead. Some people see things when their heart stops but you only blacked out due to shock and pain.
>>
>>17281317
That's just unconsciousness. NDE's tend to be a bit more interesting.

http://iands.org/nde-stories.html
http://www.nderf.org
>>
>>17281317
OP what you experienced sounds more like what the bible calls Hades. Its before you get sent to heaven and hell.
>>
>>17281342
This heaven and hell is confirmed, its even been studies by Tibetans who died and came back to life but they call it reincarnation.
>>
>>17281317
You actually didn't see blackness as you weren't conscious. Nothingness is impossible to define.
>>
I almost fell off a cliff once and had the "life flashes before your eyes" experience. In a split second I thought about my parents, siblings, friends, school, my bedroom etc etc

I think it's the brain looking for a solution to whats about to happen. It does a quick scan to try and find a similar scenario to the one you're in, in an attempt to save you from doom.
>>
>>17281336
Meh, everything effects everyone differently. I've had many brushes with death and one NDE, guess what happened. Nothing, nothing happened, because that shit doesn't matter. Live life, enjoy what you can and then die, you'll be better for it.
>>
>>17281317
When your brain realizes it is shutting down, you will trip balls.
>>
>>17281317
I'm curious. Did you see nothing or were you blacked out? That is were you aware that you were seeing/percieving nothing or were you just unconscious?
>>
>>17281317
The blackness, if your injury was NDE quality or were in fact dead, means your fate is in a state of limbo. You have not been evil yet you have not earned the graces of the light.

Donate a can of food now and then
>>
>>17281317

I had a seizure once from a bad mix of wine and synthetic marijuana (never touched the stuff again after that.) I, too, experienced a lonely black void of nothingness. A friend of mine reported similar things. It honestly kind of scared me to know that all there is after death is a void.
>>
>>17282746
Underrated post
>>
>>17285622
Same question I asked in >>17285595
Were you asleep or actually aware you were in a void of nothing?
>>
File: 122.png (96KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
122.png
96KB, 500x545px
>People ITT are comparing blacking out after a head injury, OD'ing on drugs for a brief period etc to actual near-death experiences in which the person having the NDE was actually dead for several minutes

Yall some fucking retards.
>>
>>17285635
I'll try to describe it as best as I can. Friends saw me fall forward and go stiff as a board. I was cold and clamy to the touch. Before I fell forward, I seemed to experience a loop of conversations around me, which I think is a symptom of a seizure.

From my perspective, I could not see or feel anything. It was completely black and I heard nothing except my own voice. I remember the idea crossing my mind that this was hell: absolutely nothing, for eternity, and I started yelling. I wanted to escape. But in what I now call the void, all perception of time is lost, because there is nothing to measure it by. But with no sense of taste, touch, sight, and only hearing your own thoughts, I found to be terrifying. I ended up coming out of it on the way to the hospital.

For some background, I am an extrovert with Major Depressive Disorder, so I don't do well with loneliness. But to me, it was the most terrifying thing in my life.
>>
>>17285652
You can call it what you want. I really hope that the void isn't what happens for all of eternity after death.
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
OP i had a dream that i died, and i heard Jesus quote christian bible scripture to me, and then being dead, the only thing i can do is pray

i do not think that death is the end by any means. i feel that God has even told me although i will die i will live
>>
>>17281317
one time when i was dreaming, i had a dream of total peacefulness, and i saw a man on a mountain i believed to be Jesus telling me that i was on the beginning of my journey after death to the "kingdom of heaven"
>>
>Thinking nothing happens after death.
Kek. There would be absolutely no point to life if we were born just to die, and nothing else after death. As another anon said, y'all retarded.
>>
>>17285687
Nihilism.jpeg
>>
>>17285687
i would not be terribly dissatisfied with nothing being after death
>>
>>17285694
Me neither, though an eternity is a loooong time with yourself. Do you go crazy? Can't be bored back to life.
>>
>>17285706
i cannot fathom such a thing
>>
>>17285706
surely eternity does not mean being alone

i probably means all the good things that life were not, but forever
>>
>>17285706
surely eternity does not mean being alone

i probably means all the good things that life were not, but forever
>>
File: 1439423594872.gif (1022KB, 297x165px) Image search: [Google]
1439423594872.gif
1022KB, 297x165px
>>17285751
I think it would be preferable to burning and in agonizing pain for all of eternity. Lonely but a lot better than that. Some would not think so.

It's always nice to think of a pleasant afterlife, by no means stop. I don't know anymore than you do about this.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.