[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can anyone here possibly explain what i witnessed last night?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1451258085076.jpg (44KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
1451258085076.jpg
44KB, 411x387px
can anyone here possibly explain what i witnessed last night?

>Last night
>looking out window the way i do every night
>notice unusually bright constant white light in the night sky
>immediately assume its an aircraft flying at very high altitude
>dont think much of it and continue doing what ever i was doing
>3 hours later
>lookout window again
>light is still present within my feild of veiw but has obviously moved to the right and up a little
>still didnt think much of it
>watch it for a good 30 mins watching its movement
>it continues its movement to the north east in aspect to my window

now im definitely not an expert on aviation but the possibility it was a plan has to be very unlikely due to the small distance it traveled in such a long period of time and the size of the light in relation to the stars it passed by
>>
op here forgot to mention im a girl
>>
>>17279856
???
fuck off faggot
>>
>>17279850
where are you located? what time was it? in what direction was the object in? you mention North East, is that right?
>>
>>17279874
im located in Central New York. i know Fort Drum is north of me but i rarely see anything from there pass by my house maybe a helicopter every once in a while in the summer but nothing in the winter. as for the direction it was in aspect to the earth it would be going south while either gaining altitude making it seem to rise or it traveled south west getting closer to me
>>
>>17279874
forgot the time it was around 1230pm
>>
>>17279886
Was there anything to suggest it wasn't a star? If you saw it change slightly after a few hours, it makes sense it was a star. If you saw it in the South, that's where Sirius, is, the brightest in the sky.
>>
>>17279939
everything about it made it seem like a star except it was unusual bright compared to the stars near it and like i said when i started to watch it it was very clearly visibly moving in relation to the stars around it but at a very slow pace but not so slow that its unnoticeable

im not sure on what stars are what from my viewpoint out of my window. if it wasn't cloudy i could take a picture out of it right now to show you the stars that i can see ill keep checking to see if it clears
>>
>>17279951
Here's what you will see. I marked Orion's belt. Use that as an arrow to find Sirius. You can notice in this program how brighter Sirius will appear compared to other stars. It is honestly surprisingly bright, nearly as bright as Venus which gets mistaken as a UFO.
>>
File: Capture.png (760KB, 1891x764px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
760KB, 1891x764px
>>17280238
>>
>>17280238
the clouds have cleared but im a dumb ass and thought i would be able to photograph the stars that are present. one noticeable star formation that could be used to locate the spot i saw it is there is a very uniform line of 3 stars al perfectly together in a straight line, surly that must be some type of constellation no? also it is worth noting that the unusually bright light light that was present that night is no longer in view in the area in which i preciously saw it so i doubt its a star but then again what do i know
>>
>>17280245
could the line of stars im seeing the line directly above the red line indicating Sirius? sure looks like it except they seem to be all equally bright unlike that picture
>>
File: orions_belt.jpeg.jpg (117KB, 627x741px) Image search: [Google]
orions_belt.jpeg.jpg
117KB, 627x741px
>>17280268
>>17280275
Yeah, the red arrow is next to the 3 stars. Pic related.
That will always point to Sirius, the brightest star in your sky. If you're sure what you saw isn't Sirius, compare it to the others. If it's not them, then I guess you saw a UFO.
>>
>>17280292
i appreciate you trying to figure this out with me. im obviously skeptical on it being a UFO but i will defiantly be paying more attention to the constellation and familiarizing myself with the stars around me in case something similar should happen again
>>
File: Iridium Satellite Flare.gif (19KB, 550x200px) Image search: [Google]
Iridium Satellite Flare.gif
19KB, 550x200px
>>17280308
Cool, and no problem.
If you ever see another unexplained light, take note of the time, go to this site:
http://www.heavens-above.com
set your location (important, top right) and look for visible satellites. Compare them to the location you saw them in, bla bla.
>>
>>17280340
will do, thanks again.
>>
>>17279856
You're probably just delusional cuz you bleed from your pvzzy

Oh and I'm a guy
>>
>>17279850
It was probably just the ISS
>>
>>17279856
Tits or GTFO
>>
>>17280360
>>17280372

I'm pretty sure its safe to say that >>17279856
is just some obnoxious anon being a massive faggot and not actually OP
>>
>>17280368
its defiantly possible... im not sure how i would be able to figure out if it was or not but its still entirely possible
>>
>>17280387
yea you hit the nail on the head with that idk who that fag was
>>
>>17280372
Wrong board >>>>>>/b/>>>>>>
>>
>>17280397
Honestly, everything you've said so faf points to it being the ISS. If you want more confirmation there's probably some kind of tracker online where you can check the position of it and determine if it would be visible from where you live.
>>
>>17280471
ill check it out, thanks
>>
>>17280481
Np it's refreshing to meet another open mind on here for once :)
>>
>>17280493
likewise, anon :)
>>
DOGMAN
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.