[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hare Krsna General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Chaitanya.jpg (115KB, 500x675px) Image search: [Google]
Chaitanya.jpg
115KB, 500x675px
Krishna.com

Purebhakti.com

vedabase.com
>>
>>17271823
Krishna aint real bro.
>>
>>17271823
Please, pray for a board section /faiths/
>>
File: 1453571202569.gif (1MB, 204x232px) Image search: [Google]
1453571202569.gif
1MB, 204x232px
>>17274574
It wouldn't ever stop them from posting here.
>>
hare kṛiṣhṇa hare kṛiṣhṇa

kṛiṣhṇa kṛiṣhṇa hare hare

hare rāma hare rāma

rāma rāma hare hare
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 960x768px
Hara Hara Mahadev!

I know a few of you know the vedas quite well. Do any of you bhaktis have experience with yajnas/homa? Id appreciate help desu.
>>
>>17271844
Krishna is very real and came from the stars.
>>
>>17274615

Hey aghori. The Ganesha guy here. I am now seeing Rama and hanuman when I pray to Ganesha. Sometime I feel like I'm hanuman praying to ram. I think I might be going a bit crazy.
>>
>>17274649
The "gods" are archetypes. In a way you are all of them. You are Mahadeva. Everything is, including dog shit. Gold or dog shit, it is all part of Shiva.

>inb4 poo in the loo religion
>>
>>17274671

Have you ever tried evoking Ganesha ? He is so real what the fuck. I don't need to see him Physically, to know he is there. If I easily feel Ganesha . why cant I feel the Christian god or any other abrahamic religion god?
>>
Is it ok to keep a Shiva idol in house? For some weird reason I got indigestion the same day I got it.
>>
>>17274649
Senpai, it doesnt matter. Just, never go full iscon amd say that krishna is the only real one - the form that you worship doesnt matter at all. Its the fact that all is god and the nonduality.
Also idk about this but ive heard that hanuman was a devotee of rama/krsna (butbi got this info from a hare krsna guy so you never know)

Ganesha however is definetly not a devotee of krsna.

Anyhow, theres a saying in india that says to not be a whore - choose one god and stick to it otherwise youll be all over the olace and confused. Look at ganesha, look at rama, look at shiva, and choose the one that immedietky catches your attention, the one that makes you feel good when you think about him, the one that simply feels right. Dont research which one prays to which one etc, just the way they make YOU feel.
>>
Hare krishna hare krishna!

Bumping.
>>
File: 1429370955246.jpg (42KB, 559x510px) Image search: [Google]
1429370955246.jpg
42KB, 559x510px
Seeing these krishna people walking around chanting their thing while people on segways going by is the funniest shit. But also somewhat worrying, it's eastern europe not LA ...
>>
>>17274699
>the form that you worship doesnt matter at all

This is mayavadi philosophy. Krsna's form is transcendental, eternal and and unique.

>Also idk about this but ive heard that hanuman was a devotee of rama

Of course he is. Have you not read the Ramayana?
>>
>>17274696
Is it a lingam or a statue of shiva? either way, both should be fine. I would recommend you get some rudraksha beads as well
>>
>>17275070
Lets agree to disagree. If krisna was transcendental he wouldnt have form and thus he would have all forms. He is limited if his form as krnsa is the ultimate.
>>
>>17275070
Also no, i have not read the ramayana. Im not interested in fairy tales all that much :^)
>>
>>17275842
Funny you say that, considering Ravana was one of the greatest devotees of Lord Shiva. You should look into the poem he wrote called the Shiva Tandava Stotram.
>>
Everyone who desires to be free from all anxieties should always hear about, glorify and remember the Personality of Godhead, who is the supreme director of everything, the extinguisher of all difficulties, and the Supersoul of all living entities." (SB 2.1.5)
>>
>>17274696
Keeping a diety or a lingam carries responsibility. You are inviting the presence of Lord Shiva to stay at your house. Do not neglect your honored guest.

>>17274699
Hanuman is a devotee of Rama, and AFAI heard refused to accept anyone other than Rama as Supreme (though, considering the source, he acknowledged Krishna as prime in the story).

>>17275070
You will not convince him, and unless you (and I, by extension) agree to stay out of impersonalist threads, I would ask you tolerate and stay civil.

>>17275842
Oh you really should. I think you would like the symbolism of Ravana and his ten heads.

>>17275865
Lord Rama also prayed to Lord Shiva. Can we not emulate and try to at least here turn the rift between our respective schools into spiritual competition rather than mundane enmity? Look for the Supersoul in each other's hearts, and just be happy the other is endeavoring for perfection.

(And screw you both for making me feel like a roleplaying peacemaker faggot, but there's no need for a thread to get deleted over flame wars.)
>>
>>17275920

Also Rama does penance after He kills Ravanna because of all the ten heads, He knew that there was a great aspect of devotion in him.

Ravanna was evil, but he still was a devotee, and Rama, embodiment of Dharma, even does penance after the righteous events of the Ramayana.
>>
>>17275920
Sorry senpai im addicted to arguing woth you guys. The truth is - you guys are in a sense right. Maybe not in world view but in conduct. Most of you are true devotees, no matter what ill say you are sure of krsnas superiority and that is true bhakti - to the point of fanaticism. Any argument with a bhakti never ends, which is why i love doing it. Im addicted to arguments.

I may read the narayana one day but rn im going through atharva veda and the vedas for a homa i could preform, as a way for bhuta shuddhi through purifying the fire element.
>>
>>17275936
I've been to a number of yajnas, but I have no knowledge in performing them.

I remember performing one to bless the temple's new van. It was fun explaining to my Nepalese monk brother why he had to wash off the "good luck charm" from the hood afterward.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Few things about the bhakti movements

>Bhakti
Bhakti comes from the root word "bhaj" which means to love.

The bhakti-movement was meant to give someone the ability to love God in the present day.

>ISKCON
If you guys want to look into the conspiracy you should, but Swami Prabhupada writes really decent books about God and the present day, and aside from the conspiracy around the group, these are still very highly informative books on how to love God.

If you are concerned with the purports in the book, saying "join our group" know that the "group" is also with you.

All beings are part and parcel to God and He is the ultimate destination.

>Bhagavad Gita
Basically, the Bhagavad Gita is the central text of the movement, for Krsna's Message to Arjuna is the revealed word of God to us. It explains many aspects of yoga, and it is simple.

It explains how karmic actions bring us where we are, love and understanding God (Krsna) and also helps us understand the role we play in our lives.

Krsna tells Arjuna he has to fight, it is his role and his dharma to be a warrior.
>>
>>17275080
It's a statue, what kind of beads should I get?
>>
Haribol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ7Q4C7SoO4
>>
File: Cover_0001.jpg (37KB, 223x303px) Image search: [Google]
Cover_0001.jpg
37KB, 223x303px
>>17278276
Bolo bump, Hari Hari

Here for questions, thoughts, trolling, or if anyone wants to listen and read along with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZI-arlGSEE

http://www.vedabase.com/en/cc/adi/12
>>
>>17281761
>Cc Adi 12.51: “When one’s mind is polluted, it is very difficult to remember Kṛṣṇa, and when remembrance of Lord Kṛṣṇa is hampered, one’s life is unproductive.

>A devotee should always be alert, keeping his mind in a sanguine state so that he can always remember Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa. The śāstras state, smartavyaḥ satataṁ viṣṇuḥ: in devotional life one should always remember Lord Viṣṇu. Śrīla Śukadeva Gosvāmī also advised Mahārāja Parīkṣit, smartavyo nityaśaḥ. In the Second Canto, first chapter, of Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, Śukadeva Gosvāmī advised Parīkṣit Mahārāja:

>tasmād bhārata sarvātmābhagavān īśvaro hariḥ
>śrotavyaḥ kīrtitavyaś casmartavyaś cecchatābhayam

>“O descendant of King Bharata, one who desires to be free from all miseries must hear about, glorify and also remember the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the Supersoul, the controller and the savior from all miseries.” (Bhāg. 2.1.5) This is the summary of all the activities of a Vaiṣṇava, and the same instruction is repeated here (kṛṣṇa-smṛti vinu haya niṣphala jīvana). Śrīla Rūpa Gosvāmī states in his Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu, avyartha-kālatvam: A Vaiṣṇava must be very alert not to waste even a second of his valuable lifetime. This is a symptom of a Vaiṣṇava. But association with pounds-and-shillings men, or viṣayīs, materialists who are simply interested in sense gratification, pollutes one’s mind and hampers such continuous remembrance of Lord Kṛṣṇa. Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu therefore advised, asat-saṅga-tyāga — ei vaiṣṇava-ācāra: a Vaiṣṇava should behave in such a way as to never associate with nondevotees or materialists (Cc. Madhya 22.87). One can avoid such association simply by always remembering Kṛṣṇa within his heart.
>>
Y'all cultivating joy ITT?
>>
>>17281864
Sanguine is an interesting word to use. "Optimistic or positive, especially in an apparently bad or difficult situation." If you're following along with the story, Advaita Acarya is talking on how a person who was forbidden from seeing Lord Chaitanya has been shown more favor in this punishment than his own time he was beaten for espousing impersonalist teachings.

Add to this Prabhupada's last sentence in the purport, and I feel that it is saying association is a matter of where you are placing your heart, not your physical location or daily interactions, and that the banishment of Kamilakanta burned that association into his mind.

But then who am i?
> CC Ādi 12.54 — Only Lord Caitanya Mahāprabhu could understand the intentions of Advaita Ācārya, and Advaita Ācārya appreciated the grave instruction of Lord Caitanya Mahāprabhu.
>>
>>17281874
Indeed. How do you view the Absolute Truth? What is your service?
>>
Oooh gettin to the good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M36lci7WZwc

> CC Ādi 13.6 — Thus I have spoken the preface of the Caitanya-caritāmṛta. Now I shall describe Caitanya Mahāprabhu’s pastimes in chronological order.

That's right. Twelve chapter preface. Deal with it.
>>
Here, /x/ should like this. Ever do an astrological reading on an Avatar?

>Cc Adi 13.89: Thus in the year 1407 of the Śaka Era [A.D. 1486], in the month of Phālguna [February-March], in the evening of the full-moon day, the desired auspicious moment arrived.

>Śrīla Bhaktivinoda Ṭhākura, in his Amṛta-pravāha-bhāṣya, has presented the horoscope of Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu as follows:

śaka 1407/10/22/28/45*
dinam

7 11 8

15 54 38

40 37 40

13 6 23

>The explanation of the horoscope given by Bhaktivinoda Ṭhākura is that at the time of the birth of Lord Caitanya Mahāprabhu the planets were situated as follows: Śukra (Venus) was in Meṣa-rāśi (Aries) and the nakṣatra (lunar mansion) of Aśvinī; Ketu (the ninth planet) was in Siṁha-rāśi (Leo) and Uttaraphalgunī; Candra (the moon) was in Pūrvaphalgunī (the eleventh lunar mansion); Śani (Saturn) was in Vṛścika-rāśi (Scorpio) and Jyeṣthā; Bṛhaspati (Jupiter) was in Dhanu-rāśi (Sagittarius) and Pūrvāṣāḍhā; Maṅgala (Mars) was in Makara-rāśi (Capricorn) and Śravaṇā; Ravi (the sun) was in Kumbha-rāśi (Aquarius) and Pūrvabhādrapāda; Rāhu was in Pūrvabhādrapāda; and Budha (Mercury) was in Mīna-rāśi (Pisces) and Uttarabhādrapāda. The lagna was Siṁha.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.