[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Facebook: a idea that while innocent in its conception became

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

File: 141816-facial-recognition.jpg (58KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
141816-facial-recognition.jpg
58KB, 650x366px
Facebook: a idea that while innocent in its conception became a way for corporations and governments to test and implement a database of peoples identities without violating the Constitution.
This *face* data merged with fingerprint authentication, a ridiculously unique authentication method for access to things like phone numbers that were previously available in a phone book, or trivial games, gives corps and government reasonable certainty of who you are, what your index print is, what you do, what you buy and where you go.

Source?: Facebook terms of service allows use of your data. Facebook hooks come pre-installed in IOS and Andriod.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>17266842
you should be thrilled, that's the closest anyone will ever come to giving a shit about your existence.
>>
It's that old "register on our store for exclusive offers" bullshit that is just to get your personal data to sell to third parties but on a much bigger scale
>>
File: Pepsi-Selfie-Contest-Header.png (718KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pepsi-Selfie-Contest-Header.png
718KB, 1000x600px
>>17266842
The government cant access your info without due process (on the record), however any information in plain view through agreements with corporations and law enforcement is constitutional since the information is in the public view.

Fact is a criminal with a sealed arrest record has more privacy than a law abiding selfie taking citizen.
>>
the purpose of any break through or technological achievement in a 1st world society is for a government to use it against its enemies AND its own citizens. this is not limited to tech alone, this also covers the biological, medical, political, economical, psychological scope etc. theyre all tools of dominance. why do you think higher education is so stressed in america and other 1st world nations?

in short remember this: anything developed by a society will be used against you. so yes, youre right.
>>
File: opps i posted again.png (218KB, 1032x838px) Image search: [Google]
opps i posted again.png
218KB, 1032x838px
>>17266891
A credit score is the measure of how good you are in paying your bills on time. Buying a house, getting a credit card or financing the latest selfie phone, is all enabled by your credit score.

This is old news from 2011 but the FTC actually green lighted a company to run a social media check on publicly available data.

"You want a job with our company, we have to run a Social Media Credit Check on you. Sign this waiver".

Full disclosure: I don't have a facebook account and I disabled fingerprint authentication on my laptop. If laptop is ever stolen by a criminal I doubt they can break the encryption, and even if they do the best they have on me is that I'm pro Trump, childless, single and fap to anime. Also I use GNU/Linux.
>>
>>17266842
Sort of off topic but I remember when the fingerprint technology was introduced to the iPhone. I was so against it I swore off Apple's phones altogether. Now I'm planning to buy a 6+.

It's just interesting how quickly we don't give a shit about privacy. I'm sure I represent more people in that if I can't directly prove they're using my info nefariously then I don't care.
>>
Like to express your opinions on muslims, blacks, white, mexican, or anyone else? Like to participate in a heated debate over abortion or gun control?

Becarefull. Your Facebook posts, your 4chan posts, and your tweets can sink your hopes of that new job.

How about when you are in the background of a picture taken by someone who posts on the Facebook. What if you are puking in the back of a bar, or doing a lewd act? Lawsuit time since the commercial use of photos of people are governed by old laws written when privacy and modesty mattered. (unless they change the laws).
>>
File: 1452201233329.gif (414KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1452201233329.gif
414KB, 520x520px
>>17267019
I hope this gets big enough to backfire. As in all your searches and posts are considered for jobs to the point where people say "fuck it" and stop working for corporations altogether. Then these businesses fail.

It's my dream.
>>
File: fingerprint.jpg (112KB, 500x1334px) Image search: [Google]
fingerprint.jpg
112KB, 500x1334px
>>17267007
Smartphones are usefull as phones and mobile computing, but I don't put anything important on there. Apple phones are nice because they encrypt the data (if you choose to). You can skip fingerprint authentication too. Andriod phones are a joke IMHO because 1: the hardware manufacture never updates the software. 2: encryption only works if you really work at it.
Full discloser: I have a 7 year old smartphone, running 6 year old OS (ice cream).
>>
>>17266842
What's a Facebook hook?
>>
So, I ask you /x. Is face book now part of a conspiracy to strip privacy from individuals not for commercial targeted ads, but for something more nefarious? Why does every smartphone have a forward and a backfacing camera? Why are removable smartphone batteries becoming a thing of the past? Why are there cameras on everyblock, even in rural areas?
>>
File: sjgr.jpg (41KB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
sjgr.jpg
41KB, 300x228px
>>17267068
embedded software pre-installed that links to facebook. This is before you install facebook app.

Proof: 1: go airplane mode.
2.enable wifi.
3. capture wifi traffic.
4.See communiation to facbook owned servers from your phone without facebook app installed.
(info is apparently encrypted)
>>
>>17267140
>>17267068
But this is because FB has a direct login caked into the phone for convenience sake and notifications. Not saying they are shitbags but there's a clear and obvious reason for it.
>>
>>17267112
But are there cameras that watch the cameras, and also watch the cameras that are already watching the other cameras?
You know, in case someone messes with them?
>>
>>17267173
Unless you're fucking Spider-man you're going to have a hard time messing with those and not getting captured by them at the same time.
>>
>>17267203
Was just kidding.
But anyway, hack the planet!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.