[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do these people actually believe this shit https://www.yout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Do these people actually believe this shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGd5ScMyeMg
>>
quick question, why the fuck are you on /x/?
>>
>>17260650
She can sure babble on.
But it sounds like she's almost saying that "magic" in it's traditional mythical sense isnt real.
She goes on to describe actual "spellwork" as pretty much the same as the principles and practice of things like the "law of attraction" or "law of intention" as has been taught by eastern mystics for ages.
>>
>>17260681

Yeah this isn't even crazy wiccan talk like what you get on tumblr.

>>17260650

Pretty weak OP
>>
>>17260681
>"law of attraction" or "law of intention" as has been taught by eastern mystics for ages.

Name one
>>
>>17260712
Do your own god damn research if it interests you
(Not the guy you're replying to btw)
>>
>>17260719
My point is that there aren't any, you stupid fuck. It's a Western new age idea
>>
>>17260731
No it has been borrowed from ancient eastern mystic philosophies and "interpreted" down through time into western new agism for over a hundred years.
Ong other sources, Deepak chopras 7 fundamental laws or Manly P halls secret teachings of all ages. It's all in there in one flavor or another.
>>
File: 1411907746961.jpg (16KB, 324x278px) Image search: [Google]
1411907746961.jpg
16KB, 324x278px
>>17260759
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
>>
>>17260765
Apparently you sure don't.
>>
>>17260765
>look mom, I memed again. Can I have another hot pocket now?
>>
>>17260765
>>17260775
God damn it anons.
What are the Hermetic Attraction and Resonance Principles in the Kybalion?
>>
>>17260789
The Kybalion is bullshit New and has nothing to do with actual Hermeticism. The "Law of Attraction" has no basis in any genuine tradition whatsoever
>>
>>17260804
>Kybalion is new age bullshit
Wow
>>
File: deep-dream-740x370.jpg (120KB, 740x370px) Image search: [Google]
deep-dream-740x370.jpg
120KB, 740x370px
>>17260731
This is pretty much true. The "Law of Attraction" is a fairly self absorbed notion in which one takes personal credit for all the good in one's life. That sort of idea really only manifests among populations where the standard of living is sufficiently safe and pampered that a significant number of people are protected from any major worries by their society.

So for instance, when you live in a peaceful Western nation where public services provide you with schooling, protection, medical service, comfortable living, well developed economic, transportation, communication, etc. infrastructures then a good percentage of the population can go decades with no need to consciously worry about bandits, dangerous animals, serious disease, starvation, exposure, the list goes on. These people, are you see this in first world nations all the time in a billion flavors, start taking this all so much for granted that they become blind to it, and assume that somehow this save, easy life is all because of something they did.

You pretty much never find "Law of Attraction" style philosophies in any nation or culture where anyone has to put serious, daily conscious work into their day to day survival. Like, most of pre-industrial India or China, as an example, these are nations where even among the limited proto-middle class there was a constant need to worry about finances, health, banditry, destructive military action, even the state itself. These are people who remain aggressively consciously aware that danger and threat to them can loom up from outside sources at any minute and nothing about their frame of mind or spirit is going to change that, at all.
>>
>>17260804
Define "genuine tradition"
>>
>>17260811
Nice blog post faggot. Except you're completely fucking wrong, again
>>
>>17260811
Well said anon.
>>
>>17260819
How the fuck is it a blog post? Has nothing to do with his personal life. Eat shit faggot
>>
>>17260819
>my head is so far up my own ass I can see daylight
>>
>>17260827
You're a pair of idiots
>>
>>17260819
Obviously if you can explain, coherently and intelligently, what I've said that's incorrect and what the facts actually are, then by all means!

I'm always open to better crafted ideas!
>>
>>17260829
>wall of text
>nothing but personal presumptions, opinions and misguided conclusion s
>Not ablog post
Idiots
>>
>>17260832
If the Law of Attraction really fucking works, why not distribute the teachings among starving niggers in Africa?
>>
>>17260827
Thanks!
>>
>>17260852
Contraceptives work. Why don't we distribute them in africa.?
>>
>>17260862
People do. That was a very weird response for you to type.
>>
>>17260862
They do, shitbrain
>>
>>17260862
Because the pope told them not to use condoms because God.
>>
>>17260650

Yes anon. People do. You know that already.
>>
>>17260852
I never claimed that "they work" or not. Merely pointing out the conceptual ideas behind them existed in some ancient philosophies.
No they aren't reffered to as "the laws of attraction" in the ancient systems, but if you've read even a little then you should have been able to connect the similarities.
It takes an open mind and the thoughtful application of youre attention
>>
>>17260880
Exactly anon.
>>
>>17260906
>Merely pointing out the conceptual ideas behind them existed in some ancient philosophies.

You referenced Deepak Chopra and Manly P. Hall. These are not "Eastern Mystic philosophies"
>>
>>17260906
Could you provide a solid and direct example, like the name of a specific system and then the particular dogma or philosophy within it that appears to reflect the Law of Attraction?

And please, please don't try to hide behind some stupid rejoinder like, "not going to SPOON FEED you," I have already researched this and I don't agree. I think you're wrong. But were you able to demonstrate some actual objective knowledge that backed up your claim, I would then realize I was wrong, and rethink my beliefs on the subject.
>>
>>17260917
If you don't know the sources of the ideas they wrote of in those texts then your contribution to this discussion is without any foundation or practical use here whatsoever.
You're
>>
>>17260929
/pol/'s over that way, friend, for when you want to act this stupidly. It doesn't belong here.
>>
>>17260919
lol, you're spoon feeding him 'how to have a conversation like and adult 101', and I for one don't think it's going to work.
>>
>>17260940
The source of Deepak Chopra's writings was largely a keen desire to get a bunch of gullible idiots to line his pockets with quick cash.
>>
>>17260946
I have a strong suspicion you're going to prove to have a latent psychic talent, anon!

Especially if he and "dur afrikanz!" poster are actually the same person.
>>
>>17260949
You're pseudo-intelectual attempts to derail this thread are quite shallow and predictable.
While you are correct regarding the profit motives, you continue to ignore the truth of the sourc>>17260949
e of some of the ideas in his books
>>
>>17260942
You're an idiot and a fool if can't see the reality of the differences in man.
/pol/'s got nothing to do with it.
>>
>>17260942
>doesn't belong here.
You are wrong. But aside from that, where do you think you are.jpeg
>>
>>17260919
Several examples have already been given. If you aren't well read enough to recognize them and lead yourself to the rest, that's you're lack, not mine.
>>
>>17260946
Eh looks like right now the thread's just you, me and one or two trolls acting in a typically belligerent, unimaginative and ignorant manner in an attempt to garner attention. Maybe later it'll pick up, suffice to say that I don't think we're about to see anyone provide any intelligent defense or support of ancient Law of Attraction philosophies in the immediate future.
>>
>>17260917
You're a complete idiot
>>
>>17261001
aaaand he went and did it anyway. I am psychic. And disappointed. Son.
>>
>>17260811
I like it. Most people are sleepwalking through their days.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.