[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technichally not paranormal, yet reality distorting so I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 14

File: tumblr_ncpugnD85u1sqxwdbo1_500.gif (990KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncpugnD85u1sqxwdbo1_500.gif
990KB, 500x326px
Technichally not paranormal, yet reality distorting so I think it fit the theme of this board. Has anyone here used gaslighting for fun to fuck with peoples heads? Or been gaslighted themselves? No moral fags please.
>>
not getting me that easy fbi
>>
too funny, those of you with Gold Accounts check out where OP is posting from
>>
>>17260301
Ha! I know someone from there, I should go check out to see if they're who I think they are.
>>
>>17260276
It isn't gaslighting, op, it's gas-lighting. You need to get a grip.
>>
>>17260276
Your gif doesn't work, op. Is it so difficult to upload a gif that works?
>>
>>17260298
>>17260301
>>17260316
>>17260335

Well played niggers
>>
>>17260276
i do this on a regular basis for my own entertainment

also bait people into being autistic or vulnerable by humoring them just so i can laugh at them

desu im probably just a sociopath
>>
I'm not a regular on this board but in England to things like ''gaslighting'' or commonly known as 'winding someone up" people simply respond:
BOLLOCKS
>>
>>17260387
You don't have the subtlety required to gaslight people effectively, anon. But don't feel bad about it. It's just the way you are.
>>
>>17260412
Have you forgotten that it was Englishman who created the concept of gaslighting? It seems you've forgotten. Never mind though.
>>
>>17260376
No one's playing with you, anon. Why would you think that? You seem a little paranoid.
>>
As somebody who was emotionally abused for years by gaslighting, you're a fucking scumbag and deserve to be skinned alive.
>>
My girl wanted to eat mustard and I said no bby there no mustard. But there was. Tip top kek.
>>
>>17260387

those edges are too sharp man. you're gonna cut yourself.
>>
at one point some dude was gaslighting me so i did it back. he was a genuine psychopath by definition.
he kind of won the conflict but in the long-term he's fucked his life up.
>>
>>17260276
During my lifetime, we've always had electrical power, so no gaslighting.
>>
I was gaslighted for a couple of years by a boyfriend. I realized something was really wrong but back then this wasn't even a term. He'd call me paranoid and crazy. I decided to give him everything he always wanted to see what would happen. I was the most amazing girlfriend ever and he was still a little shit.
So I took it all away. I showed him exactly what he wanted and then told him he could never have it. And walked away. The guy went nuts. I mean NUTS. He spend years reaching for contact and apologizing. I fucked him up good. I made him see exactly how soulless he is. Last I heard of him he is still doing therapy and taking meds. What's your will come for you, no need to hurry, OP boy.
>>
>>17261571
Maybe you are paranoid and crazy. I know a few narcissist who genuinely believes she is the victim of everyone she's in a relationship with, friends family and partners.
>>
>>17261602
At least those still buying into her deluded narrative or willing to not mention it don't get shunned by her, and those few people still in her life are the closest thing to friends she has.
>>
File: 1444175371708.jpg (68KB, 731x685px) Image search: [Google]
1444175371708.jpg
68KB, 731x685px
>>17260276
I dont think people in this thread understand what gas lighting is. Its basically being two faced, you dont like somebody, but you act nice to them to use them or talk shit about them later. I was gaslighted one time at rehab, i fucked with a nigger and everybody there in basicslly the autistic retard group hated me and I still dont really know why. One guy was chill and wed hang out all the time, but he would go behind my back and talk shit, still mega pissed about tbch. Also my first gf who was older than me, I fucking loved to death would make fun of me with her older retard friends behind my back because I was an autistic sperg, but she would be with me every second I wasnt at school. Basically she just wanted to fuck me, it still fucking hurts to think/talk about, we dated for almost two years, like idk how anybody could be that cruel, I was drop dead in love with her too and still kinda am, we still talk and have been planning on seeing each other again, I fucking texted her on new years wtf am i doing?
>>
>>17261571
>back then this wasn't even a term
>>
oh yeah, my ex tried to get me to kill myself with this shit. it's really not cool. once you realize what they're doing you can't call them out or make them stop.. they'll just keep doing it. he fucked my head up pretty badly. I constantly feel like someone is fucking with me, so I never know how to respond if something somebody says is just oh so slightly out of character or off putting and i just can't be social anymore. he actually made me go insane for a while. he almost won.
>>
>>17261656
Maybe he is from the 19th century
>>
>>17261666
Iktf, even a smile seems fake or idk if people are laughing at me behind my back. Extremely paranoid now too. Do you wanna be actual friends?
>>
>>17260276
I don't know what the fuck gaslighting is.

Someone explain?
>>
>>17261690
Are you guys gas lighting this thread or is this a ruse to lure anons into a gas lighting situation ?
>>
File: tumblr_nu2379N3SW1rxvp2xo1_500.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu2379N3SW1rxvp2xo1_500.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
>>17261704
No I think some other anons are trying to gas light each other (doing it wrong though) I genuinely wanted to talk to her, shit I was gonna ask for her kik which I have my real name as, so she could be gaslighting me. Prolly not anymore tho because who knows which one of you fucks will reply to my post.

>browses /x/
>damaged like me
>probably qt

Just take me on out senpai
>>
>>17260276
>No moral fags please
How about you fuck off and stop being a sociopath?
>>
>>17261602
Being gaslighted for years makes people paranoid and crazy. Have you thought about that?
>>
>>17261698
Manipulating someone into thinking they're crazy. Think CIA type mind fuckery.
>>
Most gaslighting is gay.
I wanna hear about some real manipulation. Spider-webs of lies and deception, not just name calling.
>>
>>17261781
Spider webs of lies and deception? That's just the majority of relationships, anon. Go ask your dad.
>>
>>17261741
this is such a mess. I don't have kik anyways. better safe than sorry.
>>
>>17261806
;_;
>>
Once had a bad trip caused by an old friend being a cunt while I was high on lsa. Then one time we were both high on lsa and I could tell he was having a bad trip so I fucked with him and told him he was fucked up person to make him have an even worse bad trip. He was quietly the whole time keko
>>
Everyone gaslights me.not even kidding.
>>
Does this count as gas-lighting?

I have a (former) friend that can be the most charming, generous and sweet person you'll ever meet but when you have a conflict with him his huge ego is revealed. He has a very sharp wit, a extreme conviction in that he's always right and his go-to response whenever you give him criticism is to "flip the switch" and make you feel like YOU are in the wrong, to the point where you want to almost apologize to him. I always left our arguments with a deflated feeling, and weeks later I get bottled up anger rising to the surface which I didn't even know I had. Like, I get angry to the point of blind fury and I want to scream and hit something.
>>
I feel like half of these posts are about me, is this just some really good gas lighting or am I a giant douche?
>>
>>17260276
for fun is ok
don't do it on any subject too important or obvious unless you're willing to put in alot of effort
>>
>>17260276
>gaslighting
I think you mean gangstalking.
>>
>>17260276
I really enjoy manipulating people in a way that makes them feel like certain things are their idea but in reality I am manipulating them for my own goals. It's really sneaky and fun to do.
>>
>>17261441
fuck you steph
>>
>>17260387
If you're a sociopath then why haven't you taken over the world yet?
>>
>>17262289
Because all the other sociopaths are competing.

Not that anon, BTW.
>>
Im now paranoid i do this without trying.
>>
>>17262356
Have you tried asking why your paranoia is such a shit?
>>
>>17261952
Nah you're just a low-IQ homo who isn't in control of his feelings when proven wrong
>>
Jews have been doing it for years.
Where have you been?
>>
File: infiltrator.jpg (556KB, 853x4000px) Image search: [Google]
infiltrator.jpg
556KB, 853x4000px
>>17262460
yea i was gaslighted, but it was just a part of the mkultra/posession.

the entire world exists in a mind kontrol matrix

the people doing the gaslighting people were probably subconsiously forced to do it
>>
>>17262743
>mkultra/posession
Such abuse of the English language. Such abuse I can no longer take. It's hero time for me.
>>
My mom used to do this shit. Not intentionally I dont think. She'd just have breakdowns about my aspergers when I'd get suspended for fighting and scream at me about my autism and that Id never function in real life and be a burden until she was buried.

But now I make more than her actually own a home and have a loving wife while my "normal" brother keeps quitting jobs as soon as he makes manager and moving back in with the parents while also trying to keep his exwife from comiting suicide every other day.

Conclusion: psychological trauma makes you a better person and you're broken for having not experienced it
>>
Used to fuck with peoples heads in situations where there was alot of drug using. Normaly shitty cns stims but i favored ket. Anyway i experienced a psychotic break shortly after. My shit was wacked for months. Karma?
>>
>>17263169
Kinda. The moment you try to fuck with someone else's beliefs, you inevitably fuck with your own by virtue of thinking that beliefs can be fucked with. It isn't so much a double-edged sword as a logical dilemma; you can't separate your ability to control their beliefs, neurologically, from your ability to control your own beliefs. Things get crosswired and fucked up, and it inevitably happens to you more strongly than it occurs to the external parties.

I'm the critical dickwad who's posting in the cicada thread, FYI.
>>
Can somebody please explain what gaslighting is?
>>
>>17263256
It's the gap between generation X and generation Y.

There's a small fraction of generation Y that doesn't know that society expects them to be themselves and to speak up when they're irked.
>>
>>17261972
You are an egotist and also [spoiler]paranoid as fuck[/spoiler]
>>
>>17263265
It's usually easier to just say, "Yes, you're a giant douche."
>>
>>17263262
>???? ?? ?????

>>17263256
It's just a form of psychological abuse where you basically make a person question their own memories and feelings. Constantly telling them, "No, you said/did this" or "what about the time that I did this for you that I actually didn't do" to essentially brainwash them.
>>
>>17263269
No, it's a form of emotional abuse where someone fails to recognize the other's feelings. What you're thinking of is something intentional and it's a thing I've only seen two people use. Exactly two.
>>
>>17263280
Oh I'm sorry, you're an idiot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
>>
>>17263294
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
Sorry, I forget that most people are incapable of seeing past their own nose:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gaslighting&oldid=97281503

I don't care how you've edited Wikipedia in recent times. I don't care how many people have seen the retarded version of the information. If you don't deal with information at its source, you aren't relevant.

Consensus isn't information; it's a statistic.
>>
File: Template.jpg (41KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Template.jpg
41KB, 512x384px
>>17263310
> "It uses persistent denials of fact which, as they build up over time, make the victim progressively anxious, confused, and less able to trust his or her own memory and perception"
>From the page you linked
>?????
>You're still a pathetic idiot
>>
>>17260301
underrated post
>>
>>17263319
>trying this hard to gaslight

Nope, still no anxiety. Maybe try a little harder?
>>
>>17261393
Back to tumblr bitch
>>
File: assorted hats.jpg (130KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
assorted hats.jpg
130KB, 500x524px
>>17263325
Bored now

Pulling up a random history page was a good touch though
>>
>>17263328
I just clicked "Oldest" because that's generally the best way to get information out of Wikipedia. Only a completely shithead uses Wikipedia as a source.

You might as well cite /b/ itself.
>>
>>17263334
Eh, the unreliability of Wikipedia is greatly overstated, and far outweighed by its convenience, at least as a starting point. Citations are there for a reason.
>>
>>17261393
Why the fuck do you think we do it

I was raised in a cesspool of shame and guilt and selfloathing. The lack of physical violence was almost worse, for I felt rebellion was wrong
>>
>>17263345
Don't stop being a shithead now; I've already decided you're not worth talking to. Nothing will change that. Fact is I have a demographic view of the entire English-speaking population and there's not a damn source in the world that can tell me it's not exactly what I think it is. If you can't put two and two together the way the rest of the board can then do yourself a favor and bow out. Nobody will know, nobody will care, and nobody, NOBODY will ever give half a fuck how you choose to argue.
>>
>>17263294
You are right anon
>>
>>17263369
1. Wikipedia isn't a source.
2. Wikipedia is not a source.
3. Linking something isn't evidence of an opinion.
4. Citing something else can't make you right.
5. There's no genuine reason you'd bother to one-up someone's argumentative shitposting.
6. Samefag, tryhard, etc. You know the drill.
>>
File: BMO.gif (797KB, 491x371px) Image search: [Google]
BMO.gif
797KB, 491x371px
>>17263365
Wait, are you still going? I thought we finished our set. Whatever, good night.
>>
>>17263376
You're a right cunt if you think anything on 4chan is worth choreographing.
>>
>>17263365
>ironic post
>>
>>17261560
same

>>17261571
you are not God's providence of judgment, nor is he

>>17261605
you are still caught in your feelings for her. if you were enlightened already you wouldn't be making this post

gas lighting is often done by shills and cops and the NWO to people over the internet imho

>>17261635
i do not think this is a proper definition of gas lighting

>>17261666
notice that your post has "666" in it. i am guessing that if your post is true, it was pure evil working through him, and i'm sure God will judge this so
>>
File: tobias.jpg (77KB, 500x287px) Image search: [Google]
tobias.jpg
77KB, 500x287px
>>17263377
>>
File: Fruit.jpg (62KB, 358x477px) Image search: [Google]
Fruit.jpg
62KB, 358x477px
>>17263385
God is number one gaslighter confirmed
>>
>>17263386
You're a right cunt if you think anything on 4chan is worth choreographing.
>>
>>17263392
God here. Can confirm.
>>
File: sobbing nevernude.jpg (42KB, 501x544px) Image search: [Google]
sobbing nevernude.jpg
42KB, 501x544px
>>17263393
>>
>>17263398
Hey man I'm sorry; life gets better when you leave the house, I promise.
>>
>>17260276
gaslighting only has a chance of working if they accept you version of things but since the goal is to change their minds its probably not effective most of the time

you have to use sources they consider credible that agree with you not them. this is a dynamic variable not static. for instance if they like a specific new channel and the channel takes your side you could link them to a vid clip but over time them may disown the channel and say something like they sold out

fox news has flip flopped on 2 issues and some republicans dont think they speak for true conservatives any more for example .in case your wondering which 2 gay marriage and illegal immigration
>>
>>17263405
That's called persuasion. That's normal. Gaslighting was a term invented by social justice to explain why the 90s was the best generation.
>>
>>17263403
I can't leave the house

Someone turned all the gas lamps down and I can't find the door
>>
File: fucking sjws.jpg (56KB, 373x523px) Image search: [Google]
fucking sjws.jpg
56KB, 373x523px
>>17263411
>>
>>17261772
the CIA are the most mindfucked people on the planet

>>17261781
we all live in spider webs of lies and deception

a lot of posts and threads on 4chan are pure gaslighting ane filled with fictional users

>>17263107
sometimes family are just people, i say this to be positive and not negative

>>17263310
+1

>>17263319
i've been being gaslighted by people with money who are sophisticated as all hell... for 2 years, hasn't done shite to my mind m8's

>>17263345
on the subject of reliability on wikipedia:

>>"In other words, everything we’ve been told is wrong. And I can add that the enduring lies are so successful that that includes much of what’s been broadcast here on Pacifica Radio and published in any number of left liberal outlets. Any attempt to edit the Wikipedia entry on the Rwandan Genocide triggers so many edit alerts that it starts a Wiki editing war until the Wikipedia authorities declare a ceasefire with no changes made. That Wikipedia entry is all but written in stone.'

http://www.globalresearch.ca/rwanda-the-enduring-lies-a-project-censored-interview-with-professor-ed-herman/5502707

>>17263364
i think that this is a bad way to look at anybody or any group of population. it simply is not profitable to treat people in the form of demographics

i love Jesus Christ

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
>>
>>17263422
Close. It's the people that have to deal with the CIA that are the most mindfucked. The actual CIA agents come in second place.
>>
>>17263422
Man, you could make a cooking recipe into a Christ-felating conspiracy theory, couldn't you
>>
>>17263386
this isn't too far from the truth

>>17263393
top lel

God bless America
>>
>>17263428
sorry i wasn't trying to to tie Jesus into it, just putting that as my signature because I love the LORD so much
>>
>>17263411
Those dang sjws amirite
>>
File: image.png (633KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
633KB, 1536x2048px
>>17263374
Not samefag, see how I didn't respond even though the original guy's still here? Yeah.

Gaslighting is a brainwashing psychological technique. It has nothing to do with intimate relationships. Itis a sign of the disgusting sinful degenerecy of our culture that we would use such a technique on our dear ones.
>>
Can someone explain to me what gas lighting is in detail?
>>
>>17263434
And I love sucking Satan's big fat cock.

Welcome to /x/ you crazy asshole
>>
>>17263434
He's trying to gas light you
>>
File: animal crossing.png (175KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
animal crossing.png
175KB, 900x900px
>>17261952
This sounds a lot like me...
I fear I've been gaslighting people. I'm pretty sure I'm a covert-narcissist (as is your friend; google will show you what that entails). I'm scared that I'm an awful person who would do things like this. I think gaslighers are motivated by their fear of being wrong, which would bruise their ego. I guess all I can do is be conscious of myself and work towards being a good person.
>>
>>17263446
Nah.
>>17263450
It's when you have a generation that's sold on the idea of financial independence and living a solitary life for the sake of the housing market and having it try to raise a generation by being cold, distant, and unwilling to compromise because your house is your domain and you can be as selfish as you want because your children aren't people yet and they don't have any rights.

That's literally where it comes from. If you're not old enough to remember that time period, I can try explaining it in terms that successive generations might understand.
>>17263455
No that's just friendly razzing. Schizophrenia isn't the end result of gaslighting; depersonalization is.
>>
>>17263478
anon please explain this

>>That's literally where it comes from. If you're not old enough to remember that time period, I can try explaining it in terms that successive generations might understand.
>>
>>17263426
i think i can understand this statement to be true! i want to say thank you to the government for not taking us to war. at least not yet
>>
>>17263452
no homo, anon
>>
>>17263478
It's literally just named after a play. Like, that's it. It's a very straightforward concept. You're putting a lot of effort into absolutely nothing here.
>>
>>17263485
Are you from generation X, generation Y, or generation Z?
>>
>>17263497
The CIA isn't actually part of the government. It's a consulting agency that prides itself on defecting in every possible situation to create as much was as it can get away with. So really, don't thank the government for doing that because they haven't actually done that, don't have any intent to actually do that, and aren't really in a position to see that they're doing the exact opposite.
>>
>>17263523
>to create as much war as it can get away with
>>
if you know the right things, gaslighting is just recognizing that everything you say has intense psychological ramifications due to their intent.
>>
>>17261972
Its gas lighting. Don't listen to anyone in this thread. Sociopathaths don't have love in their hearts.
>>
>>17263551
can't*

Sociopaths *can't* have love. It's beyond them. To be pitied, they are.
>>
>>17263392
what god
>>
>>17264422
All gods. Literally all gods. Literally all of them.

Even Odin.
>>
I never realized that my dad's been doing this to me for most of my life. Kinda ironic that I've suffered from a psychosis and now suffer from depression.
>>
>>17264473
It's not intentional, they just didn't know any better. You don't get a second chance with parenting.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.