[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this real life? Is it really legal to sell human skulls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Is this real life? Is it really legal to sell human skulls?
http://www.skullsunlimited.com/record_family.php?id=227
>>
Yeah. Also not paranormal.
>>
>>17257909
In some places. You'd have to check local laws, and also be sure that the bones are obtained from a legal source.
>>
>>17257928
What kind of legal source? I know people donate their bodies to science, but where do these retail bones come from?
>>
>>17257920
If this board had nothing but paranormal stuff on it, there would be 5 slow as fuck discussions on it.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>17258001
No, you fuck off. You've found a website and instead of browsing on it to answer your questions, you post it here, off-topic, asking us. Why don't you email them and ask them to explain it for you.
>>
>>17258013
We don't have to stick with just answering the original question, we can talk about bones and shit.
>>
File: 1359587763792.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1359587763792.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>17258031
If you say so.
>>
File: 1426132697413.png (151KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1426132697413.png
151KB, 450x300px
>>17258013
>>
I'm looking at a thrift shop with a purported human skull for sale. It could be fake, but... is it legal to just sell human skulls at retail stores? Is it contraband?
>>
In most states it is legal to purchase non-native skeletal remains.
NY and I think one other require you to be a doctor, med student or medical university faculty to own human skeletal remains.

There's a Canadian store, Buy Skulls or something like that, they have occasional human remains. Skulls are expensive, but you can get ribs and vertebra cheap when they have them in stock.

Most legal specimens come from old doctor/university estates, museum collections and such. A lot of old catacomb remains are out there.
Technically you could leave your skeleton to someone after you die, but they would have to follow the laws on burial and disposal of your fleshy tissue before claiming the skeleton.
And probably have a legal fight with whomever has legal custody of your body.
>>
>>17258013
That's not even OP, just someone tired of your NO FUN ALLOWED attitude. Get the stick out your ass, fag.
>>
>>17258073
Why are you now pretending to be someone else? Does that make you feel better?
>>
>>17257909
>Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy?
>>
>>17258066
Thanks, pretty interesting. The thrift shop I mentioned is in NY. I like to believe they're selling real skulls and hoping they don't get busted. How would that even work, do people call the police to report human body parts for sale or what?

>>17258073
I too don't get the no fun allowed attitude, especially on a board like this, but it's probably best to just ignore.
>>
>>17258129
>do people call the police to report human body parts for sale or what?
Pretty much.

Most are completely unaware of it's legality, so they assume it's illegal.
>>
Yeah its legal to purchase them from approved retailer im pretty sure. They give you a certificate of authenticity and whatnot. If it wasnt legal they wouldnt sell them

I believe in most places you can own human remains (Skulls and other bones etc) if they are a family Heirloom, as well
>>
>>17257920
It's creepy, it's /x/ related. Read the rule and fuck off newfag.
>>
>>17258013
That's called posting about something in order to generate discussion you fucking newfag. You know, the kind of stuff that used to happen in /x/. And it's not off-topic. Way to show your newfaggotry. If you want to jerk off about the occult, you can go to reddit.
>>
>>17257909
In most counties, it's completely legal, especially if you've got the verification information from the vendor certifying that the body/bones were donated to science and that the bones are unable to be useful in an educational setting anymore.

Also, skullsunlimited tends to be expensive as fuck, hunt around, duderbro.

>>17257928
^This, always check your local statutes before doing anything you're uncertain about. Local codes can be a bitch sometimes, but in most cases any potential police action isn't even going to arise unless you're carrying the thing around to restaurants or have cops in your home regularly from emergency calls.
>>
>>17258126
Caught in a landslide
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.