[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tingling sensation of energy in body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Benjamin Zhang Bin.jpg (773KB, 913x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Benjamin Zhang Bin.jpg
773KB, 913x1300px
I have practiced mindfulness meditation on and off for a few years. Yes, not as consistently as I'd like I'm afraid. One of the first thing they teach you is to not pay any particular attention to weird or interesting sensations but to be equanimous to whatever arises. But being the little rebel I am I can't help but wonder about a particlar sensation.

From early on in practice I began to experience intense tingling sensations in my body as I became more relaxed, particulary when doing the full body scan (focusing on one body part at a time). They would increase to the point where they almost had a orgasmic quality at times. I did walking meditation on a empty road out in the country side one summer night walking very slowly and intently. The soles of my feet started feeling sexual, and each step was pleasureable. It was as if my feet turned into penis heads if that makes sense. I noticed that when I had successfull interactions with women in particular, but also people in general, the tingling sensation would be present in my whole body. The more relaxed and confident I would feel in a situation the more free flowing the tingles would be, they would move from limb to limb, from the top of my head to the tip of my toes, like a very distinct force.
I also discovered that when I was really relaxed and I got in a situation where I felt a negative emotion, I felt the negative emotion as a tension in my body, and the tingles would move/shift/dissolve said tension into other parts of my body. Any emotional high or feeling good in any way have the tingling element. When I experience sleep paralysis and OBE, the very same tingles are present but a hundred times stronger. I feel them as a pulsating force in my body.

Yes, most people who meditate seem to encounter these tingles in some form of another.
What are they?
>>
>>17254583
>if that makes sense
It doesn't. Try again after talking to a psychiatrist.

(Stopped reading there, FYI.)
>>
>>17254626

>you experienced a phenomena that I can't relate to, therefore you should see a psychiatrist

Well that doesn't make much more sense either, anon.
>>
>>17254658
It's ok anon, I know exactly what you speak of.
>>
>>17254658
No, I literally stopped reading. I didn't bother reading enough to know if I can relate to it or not. You should talk to a psychiatrist because I'm too lazy to care how horrible your logic is right now.
>>
Any non-faggots care to reply?
>>
Energy
You are made from energy , when you meditate you just start noticing, is normal .just continue your meditations and noticed what the energy is telling you.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (28KB, 263x539px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
28KB, 263x539px
>>17254583
In Tao it is known as the ability to guide the energy with the mind, you should read Mantak Chia, he has a meditation named Microcosmic Orbit that guide your energy through the main energetic spots, it feels amazing. Try it and let me know how your experience was.

Excuse me for my bad english
>>
Yes OP, you are feeling your 'subtle energy'. This has many names in many cultures all around the world, chi, ki, prana, etheric energy, etc. (You might find some differences in interpretation with these names, and faggots wanting to start arguments about them. Ignore them.)

Your energy has different qualities or components which can be present simultaneously. It sounds as if you are experiencing your energy as pleasurable, which is fine. It also sounds like you might be experiencing a sexual energy component quite strongly, which is also OK, but you just have to be a little more careful with this. If you fancy someone and are getting on well with each other, let the energy flow. But you wouldn't want to do the same with your mate's gf, or your boss, or any random woman you meet in day to day life. That can get a bit creepy.

Realising that emotions can cause tension in the body is a wonderful and useful insight. Knowing that your energy can "move/shift/dissolve" your tension is the next step. I quoted your words because I think you phrased that very well; it is sometimes difficult to put into words the experience of clearing tension in this way. Knowing that you can do this is the beginning of a long and amazing journey for you. And as you do more with yourself, you will find you become able to sense qualities of energy, emotions and tensions in others, and that you will become able to move/shift/dissolve these within them.

Be careful with Mantak Chia. He teaches forceful techniques which can 'burn' though tensions and their associated energy blockages. These techniques are not safe unless you have a very, very experienced teacher who knows *exactly* what they are doing and can work to heal you if something gets out of balance. I suggest looking into the chi gung teaching of Bruce Frantzis, which will give you some tools to manage your own energy and stay healthy, particularly if you start doing healing work on others.

Cont.
>>
>>17256690

It's going to be a great adventure. There are many other teachings and approaches to learn from, have a look around and see what appeals to you. If you have any difficulties check in here, there are some good people.

And I think it's worth noting that your experience came from mindfulness and not observing the teaching exactly; yes it is good to follow systems and learn their depth and potential. But also remember that everything is a model, no one system or teaching has the complete map of reality. And if they did, it would still only be a map, not the terrain itself. And everything is a tool. You may find one school that fits the way you think, or you may have to find a balance between studying systems but also finding out what works for you. Doing this without becoming merely a dilettante is a challenge. Good luck.
>>
>>17256690
No, you be careful with mantak chia, faggot
>>
File: Mantak Chia.jpg (16KB, 381x386px) Image search: [Google]
Mantak Chia.jpg
16KB, 381x386px
>>17256996
>>17256739
>>
>>17254583
OP, Look up jhana.
>>
>>17254583
dude just breathe really fast and heavy like a wild animal garentee tingling with be way more powerfull and your entire body will become numb with the tinglleing everything will feel diffrent and it will feel like you are made of electricity and just keep doing it the longer you do it the more numb you get just remember fast and deep 1 second is more than enough to forxe your lungs t be full
>>
>>17254583
also for me embarresment causes it to feel like needes are rpping out of my fleash from the inside
>>
What you're experiencing (or, at least, something similar to your description) is called ASMR.
Look it up, scroll past all the homeopathy crystal spirituality nuts, and look at some actual scientific research that's gone into it, it's pretty interesting.
>>
>>17254583
Weird I get the same sensation when I have profound thoughts. I have meditated for long hours as well. Maybe the meditation triggers this.
>>
>>17254583

This guy learnt how to transform his body into a giant penis with this simple trick, and basicaly you are fucking stupid

How? Click here and find out

>>17254583
>>
>>17258889

The definition of ASMR is that it's triggered by external stimuli, isn't it though? I well acquainted with the ASMR phenomena and experience it from whispering videos and such. It is distinctly different though. A more superficial feeling. Pleasant none the less, but not really comparable to the tingles I am talking about.
>>
>>17256690
>>17256739

Thanks. I have been practicing martial arts for 15 years and I've always been super skeptical of claims of chi power, because every "master" I've ever come across that has talked about such power has turned out to be fraudulent. But I believe there might be something to it anyway, if not in the form of magical no touch chi blasts and on a more subtle level. I have a great deal of interest in studying body language and all forms of human interaction and have become rather good at reading other people. I feel like being more intune with this "energy" that I am experiences is the next step. Being able to focus both externally and internally.

If you don't mind, what kind of practices do you study?
>>
>>17254583

The old penis foot. We've all been there am I right ladies
>>
>>17259092
>every "master" I've ever come across that has talked about such power has turned out to be fraudulent
Not the anon you replied to, but this is exactly why this kind of shit is so discouraging. It's so easy for those with a silver tongue to fool the ignorant about anything that isn't on the most visible planes of existence. I know there's something deeper within us, but everyone who claims to know anything about it is always a liar. There's no one to learn from, so you basically just have to form your own path if you're really interested enough to try to discover it.
>>
sensory issues related to autism
>>
>>17255058
>'I'm not going to make even the most basic effort to try understand or even read your post so I'll just insult you instead'

Just fuck off, please.
>>
>>17259160

Haha ofcourse mate
>>
>>17259154
Not true, why do you think anyone teaching energy work is a liar? Yes there are some unbalanced 'teachers' around, there are also some very good ones.

Op, sorry I can't give too much info about my studies as it might make me identifiable. Bruce Frantzis is a good place to start, he can be a bit mad sometimes but his heart is in the right place and he is very experienced. Also try something like spiritual healing, Barbara Ann Brennan's book Hands of Light is good.
>>
>>17260168

Thanks, I'll check them out. No problem I respect your privacy.
Would you happen to know anything about Zhineng Qigong? They have a branch here in Stockholm. I'm getting a bit of cultish vibe from reading about them, and I suppose in the end it's about the individual teacher but it doesn't hurt to ask.
>>
>>17260368
>Zhineng Qigong
Don't know this, I'll google it.
>>
>>17260378
One very quick search later, I've had a look at a few pages. It seems fairly benign, I got a good vibe from it. There was nothing that rang any alarm bells for me, and a couple of things I liked. One, they talk about the 'field of chi' and accessing this. In my experience acknowledging the field, becoming aware of it and how it works to through a group to support your individual practice is very useful.

Second, I found this quote from the founder, Pang Ming, "We cultivate our own life energy through accessing nature's great store of life energy (qi). This approach produces quick results. But cultivating one's qi is not the most fundamental; cultivating one's spirit is. Mastery of qi is really achieved through mastery of consciousness. We use consciousness in a careful, craftsman-like way, to shape our life, to attain our goals. If we use modern terminology to name this process, we call it qigong..." "…in modern terms, qigong is just the refinement of consciousness to enhance the state of energy in the body. This leads to vibrant health, a harmonious body and mind, and an awakened spiritual life."

I like the emphasis on the cultivation of spirit. This doesn't sound like a guy just trying to get rich from getting people doing chi gung for health or power.
>>
File: wavy gravy.gif (460KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wavy gravy.gif
460KB, 500x500px
eightch net/baphomet/res/107306.html
>>
FRINGE CHAN

>go to fringe chan
>learn comprehensive guide to qigong
>??????
>profit!
>>
>>17262509
You cannot learn chi gung from a book, or a website. If you think you can you have missed the point. If somebody tells you you can they are misleading you.
>>
>>17260430

Cool. I have a lot on my table right now, but I will go and check them out.
>>
>>17263650
Good luck, let us know how you get on. One thought I had about the 'cult' thing is just that people get very attached to their teacher or their style; it may not be the teacher's wish to become a cult but some students may identify strongly with their system and become defensive/aggressive over questions, different styles, etc. But I guess you might have seen some of that in martial arts, anyway.
>>
>>17263527
qigong is easy

you aren't expected to light things on fire with your hands or levitate. qigong is mainly used for health. it isn't even good for martial arts. qigong is simply a form/extension of meditation
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.