[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was jesus simply a buddha?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: christ-meditating2.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
christ-meditating2.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
was jesus simply a buddha?
>>
File: gnosis.jpg (309KB, 997x742px) Image search: [Google]
gnosis.jpg
309KB, 997x742px
yeshua was one emanation of the monad
>>
i could see it, bump for interest.
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 148x292px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 148x292px
no Jesus was not simply a buddha, but there is a long history of monasticism in HIs religion after him, all very similar to buddhas

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/2811.htm
>>
>>17252212
I don't think anyone here is capable of answering that question since, we never got a chance to ask him directly.
>>
File: jes.jpg (22KB, 236x323px) Image search: [Google]
jes.jpg
22KB, 236x323px
Jesus was a yogi or a buddha, yeah same thing. Would go as far as to call him the avatar of that time.

His tribe was the Essenes who were Qabbalists who taught him. The lost years of Jesus were spent traveling and learning different spiritual practices in the east.

He never died on the cross. Pilate conspired with a few of Jesus' disciples to crucify him on Friday, so that before the Sabbath, he can be released.

There were no crucifixions to be done on Sabbath and nobody was guarding Jesus' tomb on that day. Which was the perfect opportunity for Jesus to be rescued.

He escaped to Kashmir with two of his disciples and lived to about 100 there.
>>
He was the emanation of Maitreya. Not his highest form but still a very high of him. His highest form is the Father, and he will come soon.
>>
>>17252212
Form a buddhist point of view (thus believing in reincarnation) I can see that as a very plausable conclusion. Buddha is bound to be reborn in any angle of the world, so why not there and at that time?

Never the less, spirituality, especially on a such a high level, is bound to resemble other culture's teachings.

There is no one path to enlightement, or some shit like that.
>>
>>17252212
You should watch The Man From Earth
>>
>>17252212
No. He is God, and created the universe. He came down from heaven and was born human so that He could save us from the damnation our fall caused.

Jesus said many times He is God.

Buddha said many times he was not god.
>>
>>17252212
Let me ask you this, do you believe Moses and Jesus had the same God?

People tend to forget, or much less talk about Moses. He is the author of the first five key books in the Judeo-Christian bible. I highly recommend you research Moses for your own sake. Who is this man?
>>
>>17252440
>Jesus said many times He is God.

The Bible says many times that Jesus is God.
The Bible is flawed.
>>
>>17252564
Except of course that you cannot demonstrate any of those flaws.

You just hope that people believe everything is flawed, including the only holy book on the planet.

Jesus is God whether or not the bible were ever written.
>>
>>17252564
Yet you don't contradict other religious texts, only christianity. Oh the edge. You have a limited worldview anon. Believe if you want. Should you decide not to, shut your mouth.
>>
yes, he was
>>
>>17252572
History demonstrates those flaws. Roman Catholicism didn't exist until 150 years after he supposedly died. A lot can happen in 150 years. Do you think that first compilation, the first Bible, really would translate EXACTLY to the modern versions?
>>17252627
>Yet you don't contradict other religious texts, only christianity
How do you know what else I post on this anonymous board? Trust a defensive Christian to claim to know stuff he obviously can't know.
>>
Jesus was likely a great guy, but he was probably just an eager student and philosopher who became a bit of a rebel. It was others who decided to glorify him.
>>
>>17252404
>Buddha is bound to be reborn
those words will never real
>>
>>17252212
He was a BUDDHIST. But yeah, everyone is a Buddha.
>>
>>17252212
Read the Bible. He was a raving lunatic and even the people at the time thought so.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.