[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I thought of this theory id like to share, when you die, you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1386312198765.jpg (32KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
1386312198765.jpg
32KB, 637x480px
So I thought of this theory id like to share, when you die, you don't go to afterlife, your life starts over, not exactly like reincarnation, but your life as it was exactly before, you won't be able to recall how your life was before, but you would be able to make different choices which could lead to a better or a worse life.
>>
You wish OP.

Nope, all the stupid ass errors you've made have fucked up this one chance at life you got. There are no do-overs. You done fucked up.
>>
>>17247911
Why would you make different choices if your life was exactly the same? If your theory is correct, then you'd make the same mistakes over and over again for all of eternity.
>>
>>17247911
but if you don't remember anything how can you change anything. What makes a do-over in video games great is you know how to fix the problem
>>
>>17247911

Sorta... except you never make different decisions. Everything you experience in life, you relive over and over again, infinitely. Regret nothing, OP.
>>
>>17247911

So if all memory got wiped, why would you make any choices differently from how you originally made them?
>>
>>17249785
why would you make the same ones? chaos theory would be one. maybe one electron that was present in your brain during birth is now in your toe and it changes everything through the inherent randomness that the universe seems to generate
>>
>>17251132
OK op I'll engorge your troll. So everything is exactly the same except for that electron now in your toe? Pick one narrative. Either everything is the same meaning your born to same family and you make the same mistakes again it everything is different and you aren't born till 2377
>>
It would be true if we lived in a computer simulation and "life" is just the period the test runs based in some parameters (your characteristics and choices over life, for example). When this simulation ends, it starts a new test. The ones doing these tests would then gather statistics.

But it would be kinda of crazy, won't it? :)
>>
File: 1432453681709.gif (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432453681709.gif
1MB, 640x480px
>>17247911
>be poor ethiopian kid
>be born in shitty village, struggle through life on one chicken nugger a day.
>I try to leave, but my 19 brothers and sisters are relying on me to get them their chicken nuggers. I have to take care of them, no other choice.
>One day while drinking from local sewer water, my beachball-size belly explodes.
>tapeworms come crawling out. My daily chicken nugger is on the ground, covered in tape worms and bile.
>I keel over, start to embrace sweet oblivion
>I have a vision
>its a messenger of god, made of chicken nugger and sewer water.
>He calls himself OP
>OP says not to worry, I will be reincarnated and will have a better life with all the chicken nugger I could want.
>embrace death

>born again.
>same village, same chicken nugger, same life.
>why OP, Why.
>>
>Literally eternal recurrence
Make life worth repeating OP
>>
>>17247911
George Noory now posting on 4chan as part of a rebranding effort.
>>
>>17247911
Not your theory. This is part of the infinite worlds quantum theory. The you that continues to exist has probably already died multiple times within different realities but because you are conscious and continue to exist you will always remain the one that survives. Much like a super Mario game, even though you have many "lives" and die after several attempts at completing the level, one Mario eventually makes it to the end as long as you keep playing. It's not about "when you die", it's that you have already died before.

http://youtu.be/pw3T9vxetAk
>>
>>17252378
I've contemplated this theory as well. Perhaps our consciousness is eternal and physically bound to our body but lives on through parallel universes in which our body exists.

When we die, our consciousness splits off from our current universe into a universe where we didn't die. Think about it, we could have died hundreds of times in our lives and have no idea it happened because our consciousness can't be killed.

Imagine what that would be like for old people. Instead of dying peacefully of old age we would be eternally doomed to a hell of infirmity and pain, unable to end it.
>>
>>17247911
>So I thought of this theory id like to share, when you die, you don't go to afterlife, your life starts over, not exactly like reincarnation, but your life as it was exactly before, you won't be able to recall how your life was before, but you would be able to make different choices which could lead to a better or a worse life.
kinda my thoughs
>>
It would explain the massive amounts of De Ja vu people have while growing up
>>
So, none of you guys remember the bright tunnel from before, right?
>>
>>17247911
I was gonna say that's absolutely entirely impossible in every way shape and form, but I guess it'd explain the mandela effect.
>>
>>17247911
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return
>>
>>17252445
No, much like the Mario analogy, we can quit playing the game by self terminating (suicide) or reaching the end (death by sickness or natural causes). What comes after that is the feeling we had before we were born: nothingness. Outside of that, accidental or incidental death is impossible. You will always survive.
>>
>>17247911
Yes, the groundhog's day theory of consciousness is not new. It's also ridiculously easy to falsify.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.