[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time Travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: 3.png (169KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
169KB, 640x360px
Need info on time travel
Doing research
Please post whatever info you have
>>
>>17247500
first learn calculus, then find a power source bigger than the sun.
unless you just want to go forward, then you just need one that's just a bit bigger than humanities total output.
>>
>>17247543
Going backward could be enough
What about calculus, though?
>>
>>17247605
>Going backward could be enough
>What about calculus, though?
yeeeah, sorry, it looks like you are too innumerate for time travel, you will just have to live with the shitty life choices you've made.
>>
>>17247500
time travel would only be possible if infinite parallel universes exist
>>
the absolute basics are that you spin some shit & bang out some heavy vibrations.

the hard part is, really, reconciling your experience within a mind that has experienced nothing outside the cage of causality...

you will be driven mad.
>>
I head you can travel back, wanna hear? It is a little esoteric and i couldn't do it, but you can try it
>>
File: scottpostcard.jpg (47KB, 412x586px) Image search: [Google]
scottpostcard.jpg
47KB, 412x586px
Andy Basagio for President 2016!!!
>>
>>17247665
As long as it's not some troll on my intelligence....
That's why I'm asking you all for information.
>>
I suspect all you would have to do to time travel to the future is to alter your own perception of time.
It won't be true time travel, but to the subject it would be. You would just need something to make them lose consciousness and go catatonic for a set period of time with the body on life support...
>>
>>17247707
Oh, you should humble yourself a little mr jimmy neutron and your giant brain

Ok, well, let's go with what i have:
>Stare at your wall
>try concentrating, but thinking about nothing
>unfocus your eyes
>try to see a blue line or streak in your vision
>when you see it, just don't think how, walk on it
>and go backwards, go behind if you can

That is what i know, they said to not do it because you can travel to the past and fuck with stuff, me as a professional faggot tried it, and i couldn't go back, just forward, and going forward i would see strange stuff. The practice is to see the future, but it doesn't work right. The only way i can see the future in by visions that i don't control, so yeah, that is what i can do to help you
>>
>>17247500
well if your planning on time travel NEVER GO backwards unless you want to go insane. when you actualy stop to think about wtf you just did
>>
>>17247500
not to mention the getting yourself stuck in a loop
should you properly succeed in this you wouldnt retain your memmories as you would litirally be you from however long ago u travel till
>>
Even saying time travel is illegal in China,
>>
>>17247840
Interesting. Sounds sort of like a meditation/prophetic dream/vision.

I am considering, uh, more scientifically provable ways though. I feel if I tried such a method I would have too much error.

What is to guarantee such a vision is the 'future' and not simply a forcing of my imagination?
>>
>>17247849
I have considered the fact that if I changed the past, or changed the timeline, there is no way to get back to this current timeline.
>>
It can be done theoretically but realistically time travel is impossible. Give up kid were all stuck in the /right now/ with each other.
>>
>>17247895
>scientific
Then its flat out impossible. The only way you could even simulate backwards time travel in this universe is to have a wormhole. One mouth of the wormhole is stationary while the other is accelerating at near light speeds. If you go through the accelerating mouth, you'll exit the stationary mouth before before you entered. And even still the limits of how far back you can travel is the point in time where the wormhole came into existence.

Not even mentioning the things you would need or type of technology needed to create a wormhole in the first place.
>>
>2016
>using science and not black magic to time travel
>>
>>17247895
yeah, myself think this technique is bs, my visions are way more precise than that interpretation bullshit i get from this practice.
>>
>>17247895
>>17247950
Yeah man, you are in the wrong board, >>/sci/ is right over there, don't be afraid
>>
>>17247895
look around /x/, do any of these mentally crippled babbling hobo losers sound like they have any real hidden knowledge?
if there any magical secrets in the world /x/ is the farthest place from them.
>>
Now I know this is gonna be met with some controversy,
but I can say that there was one "time traveler" who visited /b/, who I believe was ACTUALLY a time traveler.
He proposed ideas that are scientifically valid (at the very least in the eyes of all the people I've talked to about them) that I can't find anywhere else on the internet, he gave us the name of the next big composer to check, which he said was going to start rising in 2016.
Unfortunately, only a couple of his threads were actually archived, and the archive was sheeky forums so it's difficult to pick him out from the rabble, but I really think you should read what did get archived. Posting them in chronological order
http://sheekyforums.com/thread/655085361/miscellaneous/time-traveler-op-here.html

http://sheekyforums.com/thread/655795587/miscellaneous/alright-sheeky-forums.html

http://sheekyforums.com/thread/655829305/miscellaneous/time-traveler-ama-part-two.html <- was his last before he left, and he hasn't been seen on 4chan since.
>>
>>17249945
should have gotten himself archived better, then he could have become meme and maybe even a plot device in a popular African shadow puppet drama.
>>
>>17249963
John Titor was fake and Steins;Gate was better as a visual novel
>>
>>17249968
>John Titor was fake
if you want things that are real then you shouldn't come to /x/.
>>
>>17249945

First link about 1/8th of the way through, he claims to be able to time travel and have a 3200 bit quantum computer, but they don't have superintelligent AI.

All I needed to see to know this is bullshit.
>>
>>17250899
Doesn't he say that they have the capability of creating true artificial intelligence, but they just don't because it's a moral issue?
>>
>>17251469
And backwards travel in time wouldn't be the most massive moral issue in existence? Because no one would consider going back to save the worst dictators and terrorists in history?

It's just another asshole stringing you guys along.
>>
>>17251624
Yeah, but did you even read what he said about how time travel affects the future?
And also, according to him, there are only two time travelers in the whole of existence. It's not like you can just have anyone willy nilly hop in a time machine and go back.
>>
>>17247500
Once on an Art Bell special there was some backwoods redneck who claimed to be a time traveler, but it was the most believable account I'd ever witnessed, he claimed that they had sent quantum entangled particles into the sun to collect the energy on earth. But he stated that it's not possible to travel backwards in your own time continuum, you could only travel to an alternate universe where the time point you wished to go to was in the present.
>>
>>17247543
>unless you just want to go forward
>implying there's a backwards

Just.. get out. Go on, fuck off you retard. /b/ is thata way.. >>>/b/
>>
File: 6ca0799325a1d167636e0f889b40b7b9.jpg (473KB, 1063x1383px) Image search: [Google]
6ca0799325a1d167636e0f889b40b7b9.jpg
473KB, 1063x1383px
>>
>>17247500
OP, there is no "backwards" through time. It's sci-fi bs.. Think about it. How can time have a direction? Time is just a scale we created based on the rate at which light travels. It's not a linear, traversable plane that you travel along/through/up/down/backwards whatever.

We see a constant change in the environment, so have devised a measurement scale, seconds, in order to mark event. Terms like "tomorrow", "yesterday" are describing past/or possible states of the environment. They don't refer to actual places.

>time-travel

Let's say you could. As you were traveling "backwards", would you not still be traveling "forwards" through your own timeline? You're going forwards in time yet time around you is going backwards? It doesn't even make sense.

The everyday words we use to define "time" are misleading.
>>
>>17251721
So he designed a quantum computer himself and has no idea how it works then worked off that to create a time machine for himself and his friend? Because that's clearly the reason only he and his friend are the only time travelers in existence. That none of the other physicists who actually know how quantum computing works, the laws of physics, etc. have designed one just goes to show how truly ingenious he is.

Really bro?
>>
>>17252210
Time does have a direction and there's a theory being put forward that the arrow of time went both ways near the time at big bang.
>>
>>17252210
Yet time is also subjective, and can be bent and altered.
Things traveling at different velocities experience time at different rates.
Things closer to a body of large mass experience time at a different rate.
As you cross the event horizon of a black hole, the singularity becomes not a physical distance away, but a distance in time away. Time and space actually switch places beyond the event horizon.

>>17252223
He didn't design it himself.
Look, why don't you just email him yourself and find out what happened.
He said he was gonna come back to around 2015~2016 at some point, and he gave us an email, maybe he's coming back right around now who knows.
[email protected]
>>
>>17252250
There's nothing to gain from emailing a joker. Literally anyone with an active imagination can make bullshit stories sound almost real. Look at how popular doctor who is ffs.
>>
>>17252229
No it doesn't. That theory sounds ridiculous.

Time is just the rate at which we see things change. It's not an actual "thing". "It's" totally subjective, because "it" is experienced by EVERY single thing in the Universe differently.

How fuck can we all see something differently then create a "universal" time.

Time is subjective, my man.It's a model based on the rate of change we observe, not an actual linear dimension. That's just a model, don't confuse the model with the thing you're modelling. They're not equivalent. A map of Britain isn't equivalent to Britain, it's just a model based on observation. Same goes with time.
>>
>>17252264
The fuck? Time is increasing entropy you dipshit. And since entropy is always increasing the arrow of time always flows in one direction which is towards that increasing entropy.

Time is affected by gravity and laws of relativity yes, but that changes nothing.

Time is fucking both subjective and objective. Subjectively we experience time in one way, but we can still objectively identify areas where time passes more slowly because of gravity and relativity.

Look man open up a physics textbook before you start spouting shit.
>>
Time travel is feasible, but you can only go back as far as the machine has existed since it needs to be there to be there. Going forward should be simple enough as long as the machine itself doesn't get moved/destroyed in the pilots absence from the outside dimension.
>>
>>17252290
>Time is fucking both subjective and objective.

Why?
>>
>>17252553
>Time travel
>machine

This annoys me. How are you going to make a "machine", from matter, that can travel "backwards" in time?

It's nonsensical.

Not like there is a backwards, but just the false assumption that some metal "machine" could travel "through" time like a fucking Tardis really annoys me.
>>
File: 1321059708849.png (66KB, 675x400px) Image search: [Google]
1321059708849.png
66KB, 675x400px
First, let's define Time; the observation of change in energy or matter. Second, let's define time more strictly by the emission of particles from a decaying atom - which is considered the most accurate type of timepiece ever created.

Elementary particles don't have a definite location, they say, and neither do atoms. It's better to say that an atom is in every location it'll ever be in at the same time. Imagine space as being composed of spherical pixels which holographically change state depending on the angle and distance you view them from. Your velocity, and composition in terms of elementary particles also determine how a pixel looks to you.

So, any given particle looks like a hair ball. And it interweaves with other hair balls into the tangled tapestry of the universe. However, from any particular perspective - limited by the distance covered by the 'particle web' making the observation - these hair balls are only seen as dots moving through space. Consider the way a longer exposure on a camera leads to trails.

To travel time, you have look at the right things, from the right angle and distance, with the right set of eyes. This would seem to present an insurmountable obstacle, but lucky for us matter on the galactic scale travels according to very regular patterns.
>>
File: 1340057090903.gif (422KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1340057090903.gif
422KB, 500x281px
>>17253156

Basically, there's a black hole in the center of the galaxy. Within it is a mass of dark matter. Surrounding the galaxy as well is a ring of dark matter. Light matter orbits dark matter, so to speak, with a DM core and ring. The arms of the galaxy also feature DM cores and halos.

The DM is the LM from the perspective of the 'past' and 'future.' You may have heard of red-shift and blue-shift. Supposedly, things moving away are red-shifted, and things coming closer are blue-shifted. However, trans-temporally, it appears instead that the hair balls have a blue core and a red halo. Go deep enough into the core or far enough out to the halo, and you see black.

The core is the past, and the halo is the future. But, you'll find, if you go towards either you never seem to get anywhere. That is, the scenery never changes. You always find yourself on Earth, in a solar system like ours, surrounded by a universe like ours. This doesn't mean that getting off Earth is impossible - it means that doing so inevitably leads you back to a perspective which conforms to the theme we find on Earth, to the point where you can't objectively prove you're anywhere else.
>>
>>17247500
Come on /x/ I thought you guys would at least mention
Mad Man Marcum.
>>
>>17247500
i have a theory that if you travel back in time, a loop will happen, with slightly different results every iteration, until the loop ends up where it starts. basically, if you were to time travel, it would have no effect whatsoever.
>>
2078 Epsmo (Big conglomerate company!) Allow workers to send in their P-HA (Android nicknamed Hally) to complete work on their behalf and still retain monthly payment.
This leads to the first ever robotic workers bill that allows companies to stay open, trade for 24/7

Invest in Dymo.
>>
>>17253156
Your definition of time is wrong.
>>
Faster you go, the slower time moves around you. This is basically cheating though, and only works to go forward. There was a time traveler on trash when it first became a board, he didn't hold back at all and said he'd be back in six months. I have the thread saved somewhere if it'd help
>>
Time travel doesnt exist because time isnt real , its just man made

Gg no re

Thread Over
>>
>>17253384
this is wrong

the faster you go, the less your particles can react with each other (lightspeed being the fastest speed unassisted particles can travel)

time doesn't slow, but your particle's reactions do
>>
>>17253455
So basically time relative to you slows
>>
>>17253459
except not around you. only directly on you
>>
>>17253464
Ah okay I see, thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>17253455
What? No. If you're in a ship moving at the speed of light time inside the ship remains the exact same as if you weren't moving at all. Relative to you nothing is slow it passes at the same rate.
However relative to anyone else outside the ship, you appear to experience time at an extremely slow rate if at all.

Elementary particles don't feel anything as everything on the quantum scale happens extremely fast anyway. Quantum oscillations and the collapsing of probability waves are near instant. The only thing that slows them is temperature.
>>
>>17252586
That's not what I said, for it to even work, you need to have the machine fixed in the physical plane. The machine is a fixed point in space and time, the inside mechanisms are what aren't.
>>
>>17253527
yeah, because you're moving at the same speed as the ship.

if the ship were to pass by a planet, the time on that planet would stay the same.
>>
File: 2.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>>
>>17253697
let the shitty thread die man.
>>
>>17247500
Time traveler here
Waddup
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.