[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: good.jpg (26KB, 228x346px) Image search: [Google]
good.jpg
26KB, 228x346px
Thoughts?
>>
File: p001.jpg (46KB, 389x700px) Image search: [Google]
p001.jpg
46KB, 389x700px
>>17241224
Looks like a book to me.
>>
>>17241224

I have it and its a good book, you should read his new book magicians of the gods which is pretty much a follow up of this book.
>>
Looks like another one of the series of washed up and hackneyed attempts to cast in on some pseudohistory and and pseudomythology spiced up with ayyyy lmaos. Read it as fantasy, and you might enjoy it.
>>
>>17241224
Graham Hancock is a cool dude.
He travels the world and tells us what it was like during the mysterious and mystical Lost Global Civilization. Graham's wife travels around with him and helps him shoot videos and stuff, so it's a pretty sweet gig.
Unfortunately, the story is more fun than the truth, so Graham uses science and facts that he knows aren't right just so he can make the story cooler. Maybe this is why he's switched to writing fiction.
Even though he's wrong and there really was no Lost Global Civilization, with psychics instead of wifi, with pyramids instead of skyscrapers, with magic crystals instead of smartphones, with chanting instead of powertools, with merkabas instead of spaceships.... he's got a pretty good vision of a made-up world and i think one day i'd like to read one of his novels.
Or if he read a comic book, I'd read that.
>>
>>17241648
if he wrote a comic book*
>>
>>17241224
There was a programme on t.v. a while ago that sought to disprove Hancock's ideas. It was very well made and in pointing out how easy it is to find landmarks to fit a constellation (they used Leo super imposed on New York if I recall correctly), the programme certainly had that ring of truth and plausability about it. I remain in two minds as to whether I agree with Hancock but if nothing else, even if he is wrong in his assertions, it could be argued that Hancocks views challenge us to question the status quo and 'think outside the box'. a worthwhile result for any scholar.
>>
>>17241224
100% garbage.
>>
>>17241224
Hancock is pretty much on the money I reckon. Certainly pertaining to a lost ancient advanced civilisation anyway. His more recent stuff is more spiritual, about the entities contacted during psychedelic trips being real and the akashic records being in our DNA, still interesting stuff but arguably less credible.
There are maybe 6 radio interviews with him on Coast2Coast AM which are worth listening to and for which there are torrents. I listened to 2 of them yesterday at work, he was saying that during the last 'glacial maximum' or the peak of the last ice age the global sea level was 400ft lower. This would expose something like a million square miles of fertile land, apparently as much as the Americas as far north as the Canadian border. This is where the roots of human civilisation are. Even today we build our major population centres on the coast or low lying rivers, theory is that we built the first wave of civilisation on land that is now 400ft under the sea, which is extremely plausible.

>inb4 OP is from here >>No.17238900
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.