[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is there to gain from this? has it changed you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image%3A27702.jpg (28KB, 350x510px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A27702.jpg
28KB, 350x510px
what is there to gain from this?

has it changed you?
>>
lavey's work is interesting. he is a atheist who sees everything magical as a personal to emphasize existing traits

if your unattractive make yourself seem more menacing. if your hot do what you can make yourself seem more sexual

its more about being manipulative and using what you have at your disposal

i would say its a self help book more than anything
>>
>>17241079
Yeah. It turned me into a selfish greedy autist when I was an edgy teenager.
All terrible qualities
>>
>>17241103
10/10
>>
can we wager than
regardless of position and stance in life

that this should be read at least once?
>>
>>17241143
I think it's a waste of time. It has nothing positive or life affirming about it. Its philosophies are destructive but prettied up with fluff so they don't sound so harsh. Just read the bible and do the opposite of what it says. That's all this book says. At least if you read the bible you're reading the real deal
>>
It's a book written by an edgelord who was probably beaten with Christian Bibles in Catholic schools his entire childhood. What's there to gain? A massive headache and false ideologies to keep you stupid and asleep.
>>
>>17241094
This. It's really just a way to make life work for you using strong symbolism and metaphores.
>>
You CANT gain anything that is good for you by working with the devil you always lose.
>>
>>17241385
Shuffling zombie.
>>
>not science
>screw everyone over except yourself

Its universally agreed that if you're a dick to people, people are gonna be dicks to you. Nothing to gain.
>>
>>17241385
Not true.
The Diabolo is a part of you, you canĀ“t be a complete person without it.
>>
I tried reading it, but I found the writing style of a lot of it pretty much unbearable. It very much comes across with that "Trying terribly hard to seem oh so clever" style of writing.
>>
spiritual suicide OP
>>
It's easy to read but the content is stupid. He contradicts himself constantly.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>17241438
I had the opposite idea about his writing. instead of trying to sound clever, he seemed to hide a lot of truths behind pompous claims and absurd metaphors. The C.o.S being an elitist organisation, i figured he used this way of writing to filter out those who don't understand satanism, or accept and apply it at face value (see >>17241103), from those who are able to read between the lines and see what he is trying to bring across to the tentative reader.
Seems to me like he used it as a test, only those 'worthy' of being able to understand it, may use it to their true benefit.

>>17241079
This book alone may not have changed me, but it certainly has had a strong influence. The knowledge and understanding gained from this, Nietzsche, Sarte, Vikernes, years of psychedelic drug use, Michael Foley's 'age of absurdity', and a whole bunch of other little philosophical tidbits i care not to mention have certainly taken me off the path toward mediocrity, and put me in a position i am proud to call my life.
>>
>>17241079
It's just Objectivism with a coat of edgy paint.
>>
File: 1313346028981.jpg (12KB, 200x320px) Image search: [Google]
1313346028981.jpg
12KB, 200x320px
>>17241385
>by working with the devil you always lose
>Implying we won't beat the ever loving fuck out of God during the Apocalypse
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.