[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shaman Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 3114807.jpg (67KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
3114807.jpg
67KB, 620x400px
Shamanic experiences & shaman shit in general

Ask a young shaman anything
>>
Cherry pie or lemon pie?
>>
>>17237219
Blood pie
>>
How to shaman?
Which is your routine?
>>
more like SHAMan, innit?
>>
>>17237160

Do you pray to Ganesha ?
>>
what is the sound of one hand clapping?
>>
>>17237160
>young
>shaman

pick one
>>
>>17237595
Shaman "religion" is the searching for meaning, harmony and enlightenment in nature and your surroundings.
Follow your own voice, you can't follow anyones routine because everyone have their own voice.

My routine is simple. I live in a city, hostile environment for a shaman. I make some time everyday to study myself and mi existance and others. Humans are part of nature as well. I usually go once a month to see the sea and listen to the wind, confronting myself with the world and looking for in thst fight for love and brotherhood and Unity.

As shaman you're duty is to grow everyday and help your community in any way you are good at.
I help others with the meaning of their lives, I am guide, helper and storyteller. I help others to reunite with themselves, others and reality.

But, to my nation, I work as designer in a smal business
>>
>>17237604
Yogui is not the same as shaman
>>
>>17237665
Good to see someone else who isn't a namefag poser like Jackal or Heron.
>>
Do you have powers?
Can you heal people?
Can I be a shaman?
>>
File: Egon Schiele.jpg (193KB, 659x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Egon Schiele.jpg
193KB, 659x1013px
>>17238318

First. It depends of what you call powers. To have a power means to have the posibility or the capacity to do or make something. So, in that regard yes, I have powers normal people dont. But these powers are not something spectacular, sometimes they are a curse. I'm talking about seeing a person's true nature, be able to flow among the patterns of reality at a subconscious level, having the will to found yourself back away of the present to see it clear, that short of thing. They are not supernatural, just tools you develop as any other human skill.

Can I heal people? Well, I'm more of a psychologist than a doctor. I have given advice sometimes about natural practices to heal some headaches and such. But no, I do not tend to heal people. I myself do not believe in such things as healing magic and that short of thing.
I'm a creative helper, a guide, someone to speak to when you are lost. Not someone to meet when you need an ambulance

And... Sure, you can as anyone can be a cook, a painter or a doctor. But it's not an easy way.
If you wanna know more about natural religion or shamanism you can start with Myths To Live By by Joseph Campbell. It's a good book.
But the true way of being a shaman is harsh, lonely and ungrateful. I only recommend it when it's clear someone need it.
If you wanna go spooky and magical and that short of thing try at /omg/ or with Chaos Magick.
Shamanism is a way to understand reality and live with it, flowing through life, seeing eternity.
>>
How do I balance my root chakra
>>
>>17237673
>>17238875
Again, go to a Yogui not to a Shaman. I know about life not about ancient buddist practice.
Of course, I know about chakras and such, but I do not work with them. I do not want to give incomplete information
>>
>>17238891
> I do not want to give incomplete information
I dont mind
>>
>>17237160
I consider myself a shaman as well, I've dedicated the past 3 years to understanding as much as I can, I began out with herbal medicine, and eventually into a plethora of entheogens, brewing my own Muscaria, Huachuma, LSA, etc. This is how I began my path down. What was your beginning?
>>
Can I still pray to Yeshua and begin life as a shaman?
>>
>>17237160

I have some sort of voice in my head that I talk to. She is a dragon. Sometimes she possesses me. Also, she may or may not be an aspect of myself. Does that make me a shaman?
>>
>>17238982
I take the more schizoid path. I have not use any substance in my way, nor I develop any.
I'm more of the spirirual part of shamanism.

It all started back in my teens when I found myself usually talking to a pair of imaginary crows, I was alone for the most part of my life. And when I was 18, I believe, I went to a beach town for holidays with my family.

A creative and curious child alone for months next to a calm beach with all the stars above him + the thrive for meaning and understanding + tendency to help myself with projections of myself + a Vision from the stars, made it for me.
I do not choose shamanism. Shamanism was simply the thing more related to me as I found in my twenties, until that point I was studying about anything: History, Philosophy, Theology, Hermetism, etc.
But, you know, different ways to the same point. And I knew I didnt need anything more than what my body could provide me

>>17238993
No.

But work on it. Maybe you can make a good story about it
>>
>>17239121
>my journey started with talking to pair of imaginary crows

>i talk to an imaginary dragon who is an aspect of me! Am I a shaman?
>no. Maybe it will make a good story

What? Dude you're an asshole
>>
>>17239133
Talking to crows doesnt make me a shaman. I was a shaman years after that.
Search for your voice, listen to what you really want and start your journey.

Too many people listen to imaginary beings, that doesnt make you anything. Best of the times they are good stories and nothing more. My crows were a good story and nothing more.
Dont be upset
>>
>>17239163

They're not me. I also had a series of four dreams that I transcribed to the tune of 80 pages that made a fully coherent sci fi/fantasy story complete with a moral, character arcs, and a cosmology.

What is it that makes a shaman exactly?
>>
>>17239121
I take a much more literal look at it. Crows have guided me, and I've always loved them. Once I opened up, and watched the world, I trusted what they did. I even avoided a car accident by following a murder once, if you'll believe something like that over 4chan.

I was always interested in other philosophies and sects, I've had success, and still dabble in chaos magic on occasion, but the solidarity and wisdom of nature has always given me more than a magic system.
>>
>>17239173
I had a friend who had something like that, I've never known what that were though.

A shaman is someone who can see the world as it is, without distractions. And then use this capacity towards the enlightenment of his/her community. The shaman enrich and improve people lives from a clean and natural source

It's nothing too special. It's just a way of love
>>
>>17239221

Well I would certainly never self-apply a label as grandiose as that. I'm not sure how clean and natural dragons are anyway, since in some traditions the earth itself refuses their blood.
>>
File: 959f874ea792847ca1e20710d75045cc.jpg (114KB, 720x1118px) Image search: [Google]
959f874ea792847ca1e20710d75045cc.jpg
114KB, 720x1118px
>>17239197
Same here. My imaginary crows were just that, imaginary. But years later they become my source of knowlodge, protection and guidance.
I dont like crows too much, never did. But when I study in various cultures the figure of the crow it always matches with me. When I started to study this things it was kinda creepy actually.

This is a strange, funny and complexly simple existance indeed
>>
>>17239232
There are more paths than clouds in the sky. A dragon is not part of any the shamanic imaginery, I can tell you that.

The best advice without know you is the one I've already given to you. Search for what you really want, search for what you dream for. And follow yourself.

I dont know if you will arrive to answers, but I can tell you that this journey will be interesting
>>
File: 1373920313381.gif (487KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1373920313381.gif
487KB, 500x281px
Well, it was good fun. I hope I help someone or at least I hope I give light to some doubts about shamanism.
Im going to sleep now. If the thread continues I will answer tomorrow, maybe.

I am
>>17237160
>>17237588
>>17237665
>>17237673
>>17238848
>>17238891
>>17239121
>>17239163
>>17239221
>>17239255
>>17239276

They call me Whitecorvus.
A pleasure
>>
How can I awake the animal inside of me and have more energy/passion?
>>
>>17237160
i really dont know. I know that there is.I dont know how, i know a part of a ''why'' but i dont know fully.
I can listen to others...complex life stories dont mean anything but their endings are usually based on some kind of sadness,unhappynes and an incomplete soul of a materialistic reality.
Its hard absorbing all those negativity of their expiriences, but usualy trough that process they find their own answer. Kind of like psychology session exept im not one. im just a lonely soul with a dog who i think is my essence of happy childlike energy.
i meet other ''shamans'' but their ego is too big..
they are proud, they are higher then others, they bask in that fragment of awaken knowledge...
then they look me in eyes, and start to talk, to be more humble, to open up... it's weird ... i dont know. i only know that i dont know.
>>
I want to meet a shaman, I have a lot of questions, but I have no idea where to find one and I don't want to find some new age bullshit crony.

I figure I'd need to go to the American southwest but again I want to meet someone who dedicated theirs lives to the practice and not mystic native swindler.
>>
>>17240671
just listen to people who listen to you when you need to be heard.Those people usually dont talk much, but know enough about this reality of material problems.Their answers are shamanic answers.It's just sad that we all live in this culture of modern egocentrical technological slave world that effect all, so it's hard to listen ,see and feel, but if you want an answer it will come to you, and you may realise it sooner or later, depending on time and space of place and of your mindstate when you hear that answer you seek.but you will get it :)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.