[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you kill a wendigo? >Also wendigo general thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 17

File: Wendigo-late-stage.jpg (24KB, 351x328px) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo-late-stage.jpg
24KB, 351x328px
How do you kill a wendigo?

>Also wendigo general thread
>>
File: revolve2.gif (64KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
revolve2.gif
64KB, 200x200px
you dont
>>
>>17234670
so the wendigo is a god?
>>
File: Dragonsbreath.jpg (7KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonsbreath.jpg
7KB, 320x240px
>>17234666
Incendiary 12 gauge sounds reasonable to me
>>
I dunno about actually killing it
but pouring tons of concrete on it could work
>>
google it and youll know
>>
you can't kill a wendigo, they're a spirit, and will inhabit another body...
>>
>>17234717
tell me more
>>
>>17234666
Wendigos are a protected species, you savage!
>>
>>17234666
Satan trips. Wendigos are goatmen,very hard to kill. Must rip out heart or cut of head. They are very quick and strong, unless you are God I would not recommend even fighting one.
>>
File: 1452902830564.jpg (671KB, 2448x4252px) Image search: [Google]
1452902830564.jpg
671KB, 2448x4252px
Ok so, I was reading pic related the other night, just before bed, and it brought back some shadow demon shit I had going on as a kid. Anyways, have the first closest thing to a nightmare that night, don't even remember all of it. It ended by me turning on the headlights though and there were two shadow deer in front of me. I think I might have had this dream as a kid before even, fuck if I remember though. Anyways I just started screaming in the dream and floored it for the first one and woke up as soon as I hit it.

Anyways pic reminded me a lot of it...any other anons experience anything like it? I woke up feeling pretty fucking weird. Haven't had a dream like that since a kid.
>>
>>17235178

Is there more of this?
>>
File: 1453088383186.png (249KB, 1090x1719px) Image search: [Google]
1453088383186.png
249KB, 1090x1719px
>>17235246
Nope, that was the only greentext I think.
>>
>>17234666
What is wrong with that moose?
>>
>>17234666
A bullet dipped in white ash through the neck. Research white ash bullets, they kill more than just that.
>>
>>17234672
No, it's agility and unusual strength would make it near impossible.
>>
>>17235291
Gypsies are no joke, spiritually strong. They command respect around these parts.
>>
>>17234666
Why would you like to know Satan?
>>
>>17235178
It's a dream you retard, there is zero fucking significance to it. Literally a mixtape made by your brain.
>>
>>17234666
You kill it with fire.
>>
File: GypsyWeddings_01_1837061a.jpg (62KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
GypsyWeddings_01_1837061a.jpg
62KB, 620x413px
>>17235389
>modern day gypsys
>deserving of our respect
pick one
>>
>>17234689
you now see an alien pug in the lower right corner
>>
>>17234666
I figure this is a good a place as any to ask this. so I am writing a story right now, about a native young man in canada, he gets into a plane crash and is forced to eat his dead father to survive, while in the tundra he gets into an arrow-esque situation with soldiers and shit and needs to end up killing and eating them both for survival and protection. In doing so he accidentally turns himself into a wendigo, when he finds this out from a village elder he decides he is going to use the abilities for good. essentially Im trying to make a wendigo superhero story. thoughts?
>>
>>17234666
just snuggle under your blankets till the monsters go away anon :3
>>
>>17235582
2deep4me
>>
>>17235508
You need to learn when to be quiet.
>>
>>17235582
Seems interesting. I'd read it.
>>
>>17235582
Are you playing on adding a conflict of man vs self? A type of struggle with his inner beast and predatory urges or does man have full control of his wendigo actions?
>>
>>17235582
Sounds more interesting than most stuff. Go for it
>>
>>17235750
I haven't completely decided yet. on the one hand I feel that's overplayed to death, on the other it certainly gives a little more drama to the mix. But I was thinking he at least flies into these hunger rages if he doesnt keep his quota of human meat consumption up, hence why he goes after criminals. I plan to do a story where his brother is a real bad teen (as most are on native reserves of which I'm basing his home life off of coupled with stories my aunt has told me of working as a cop on a reserve) and basically he ends up eating his brother too because at the time he doesn't understand how it all works, he flies into a frenzy and when he wakes up hes already eaten half his brothers heart.

>>17235671
>>17235764
thanks guys, any ideas you'd wanna see in it? maybe once I've finished I'll post it on here.

My buddy who is co-writing with me had the idea of a wendigo hunter, a girl who is kind of like until dawn meets 30 days of night meets evil dead as the main antagonist, basically she catches wind of a wendigo in the area and... well she is not subtle to say the least and will resort to extreme measures to capture and more importantly kill our hero, in fact, trying to think of her tactics and weapons was what brought me into this thread
>>
>>17235796
It is a common trope of all man/beast stories but at the same time it is almost required for your specific story. Why else would wendigos attack humans and why is the MC the only one to decide to be good? As a writer and future english teacher I feel somewhat obliged to give you as much constructive criticism as possible and point not so much as flaws in your premise but plot points that need tidying see?
>>
I've killed several Wendigo in my travels. First one was by accident, I was driving in the desert and hit it with my car, then when it asked me to bring it to a hospital I beat it to death with a 2 by 4 I had in my trunk.
>>
>>17234672
Sort of, they are spirits. You can probably destroy the body they inhabit though.
>>
>>17235582
The human host has no control once a wendigo has possessed him anon, they are just raving beasts at that point fulled by nothing but hunger,
>>
>>17235830
no, no I am looking for as much criticism as I can. I always have so many ideas but I feel like my actual writing skills (dialogue especially) to be lacking. Basically the idea is that a wendigo is often created when a (usually native shaman) person consumes human flesh, at least that's the version I'm going with. So my idea behind it is that he essentially... he becomes it without even realizing he has become it. So he basically gets wrapped up in this militia after his plane crash way up north, I figure a small nunavut island, he essentially manages to pick off one, then another, then another and since he has barely any resources with him and animals and plants are scarce, he eats the soldiers, when he finally is rescued (don't ask because I'm not sure how yet) he is brought back to his reserve, slowly trying to go back to normal life. now the thing is is up to this point, we see no reason to think he was a monster, I dont want people to even know he is one at this point, until his hunger starts to take over, hes been eating people at a regular rate which is why the hunger wasn't affecting him during his ordeal. so once he no longer needs to, THAT is when it becomes a problem.

any thoughts?
>>
>>17235868
That anon is taking artistic liberties with his story, not a big deal. Besides, I live I Canada and have spoken with Natives from various parts of the country and the Wendigo beliefs vary a lot anyways so we really don't know do we?
>>
>>17235830
>>17235880
to answer your question why he decides to be good, dude to the way in which he became one, it's allowed him to keep his mind moreso than your average wendigo, by not realizing what he was, he stayed himself, if that makes sense, I plan for him to have run-ins with other, more monstrous wendigos, ancient evil shamans who turned themselves on purpose, becoming the true beast with little humanity left. and while our main character continues to consume flesh, he is able to keep his mind and personality, again hence why he focuses on criminals.
>>
>>17235880
Not so much criticism on this just me offering some plot idea but I think in my humble opinion, take it with a grain of salt, that if when he returns and the hunger does kick in, he assumes he is just addicted to human meat now. Nothing compares for him and it blurs his moral compass ya know? So in order to kill two birds with one stone he starts picking of the undesirables of society and eats them, he feels he is helping by killing drug dealers and pimps but he also satiates his hunger too. I think it would be a good idea not to make him be like "oh i have wendigo powers time to fight crime and eat" but make it like "I have this terrible addiction, I have fits of rage if I don't feed it, I need to do something and now". It could play into the plot as well that the more he feeds the less Human he is and the more monster he becomes. It's not until he wakes up from a black out rage holding his deceased brothers half eaten heart that he decides to seek help from a shaman who tells him what he is going through. I dunno, I don't wanna tell you how to write your story but the premise peaked my interest so I'd thought I'd try to help you brainstorm.
>>
>>17235927
that's not a bad idea at all, give it the guy is a monster but doesn't know it type deal. though I do plan to have him be stronger, faster, etc. I'm just wondering how it might translate if he doesn't realize as such, but either way thats a good way to push him into that role, I like it thanks anon
>>
Blast it with piss.
>>
>>17235936
He could assume its his addrenalin pumping as he kills? He is from a reserve up north and unfortunately their educations is very lacking a lot of the times so he wouldn't really know the effects it has on his body. That is just a shot in the dark first draft thing. I also like the idea of him running into other wendigos, especially self made ones. Can give him a mental edge not to fall into his primal urges seeing these former humans giving into a horrific choice etc... It could work into how he remains a "good" wendigo, he clings to what humanity he has left.
>>
Impossible to kill unless you're packing some army artillery with you. Other than that pagan rituals might sway them away.
>>
>>17235995
yea pretty much the plan I had going in terms of meeting other wendigos, frankly I'm pretty inspired, I'm glad a few people here seem to like the idea
>>
>>17236073
Glad I could be of service.
>>
>>17235389
>They command respect

>Respecting thieving, anti-authority beggars who shit all over everything they touch
>>
>>17235508
Na hes right, gypsys are fucking scary. they might be subhuman rats but they are an ancient "culture" with loads of knowledge and shitty curse stuff. Also they smell pretty bad.
>>
>>17234666
Silver. Yes. Just like werewolves. There's actually some people that think the wendigo were a mixture of westerners bringing werewolf tales with them and native Americans telling westerners the equivalent of drop bear stories in the wendigo.
But supposedly they are weak to fire and silver.
>>
>>17236323
the lore is extremely similar. What I've always wondered is why a deer? I mean I know they aren't all portrayed like a "weredeer" as it were but what was it that caused it to become part of the lore? I mean lets face it from a strictly visual standpoint, a wolf baring its fangs snarling is scarier than a deer hopping through the forest. or is it the uncaniness that such a beautiful docile creature is twisted into this befanged clawed devil?
>>
>>17234666
Easy. Club soda and bleach.
>>
>>17236346
It could possibly come from the fact that many tribes relied on the animal for sustenance and when you are often talking about starvation bringing on the cannibalistic phenomenon associated with the wendigo, a familiar food source seems to make sense.

It could be scarier if you thought you were stalking a prey only to find out it was a fearsome creature with unquenchable bloodlust.
>>
>>17236375
fair enough, frankly wendigos have always seemed way scarier than say werewolves just because there is that hunter becomes the hunted themes to it, and I feel they are more intelligent than your average werewolf
>>
File: Wendigo_by_faxtar-d57co0n-1-.jpg (667KB, 771x900px) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo_by_faxtar-d57co0n-1-.jpg
667KB, 771x900px
>>17236346
Most real folklore NEVER mentioned deer or horned herbivores... A classic wendigo would look more like pic related.

Skinny and gaunt as fuck...and freakishly tall and with long appendages. Wendigo are creatures of starvation and hunger to an extreme. A reflection of committing the ultimate sin via desperation and madness: consuming human flesh.

If your familiar with scp-96 that's a pretty close yet unrelated idea honestly. Skinny gaunt and pale as fuck, unbelievable strength, inhuman nigh invulnerable... And full of shame...and hunger.

A classic wendigo is a person possessed and driven to cannibalism either via desperation or the spirit of another wendigo affecting their mind...generally both. Hunger and starvation makes one a prime target for "wendigo psychosis" (yes its a REAL thing Google it) and thus likely to become on on your own or influenced to become one by another established wendigo.

Once one takes the plunge its all downhill from there. Even if you only ate to survive your closer to becoming the monster.

Fully formed wendigo lose all body fat and are typically incapable of adding more. The hunger never subsides.

With every pound of flesh consumed the creatures grow in height and length, sometimes awkwardly so. They gain mass from their meal true enough but never satisfaction. The eldest would be massively gangly creatures eternally scrawny and hungry. Strength that's unimaginable, a fucking ridiculous reach and the speed to match.

With time one can assume they grow more insane. Hunger pain cold desperation and most of all an incredible SHAME. A hero wendigo character would be fighting his growing madness at all times and to the author in this thread would make a remarkable character to write if done properly.

The animal characteristics seems to be modern artistic license more than anything although the occasional 'beastial' description is not uncommon. Not ALOT of older folklore mentioned antlers or anything of that nature though...
>>
File: DEC140402.jpg (74KB, 659x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DEC140402.jpg
74KB, 659x1000px
>>17234666
Okay, first you freeze it in liquid nitrogen then shatter it with a single bullet, when it reforms you then lure it into position and shoot it again with a grenade launcher, and that will make it explode, at this point it should become disorientated and topple into the vat of molten steel. At that point you can relax and look on as it struggles to escape the molten steel for about two minutes, don't worry, they usually can't get out of molten steel. Usually. That should eventually kill them though. Eventually.
>>
>>17235582
Well good luck trying to find a way for him to control his hunger since they tend to have such a lack of control over their impulses that they wind up gnawing off their lips and fingers. The only way I could see this as potentially working out is that he gets into contact with a medicine man who fails to destroy him and instead winds up calling forth a spirit that would be the polar opposite of the Wendigo so they are in a constant battle over their host. Depending on how you want this portrayed you would want to look into various mythological figures before deciding. Personally I would recommend a more lighthearted figure to keep it from being totally grimdark and edgy. One example would be a spirit like Wesakechak, he is basically a trickster spirit but is portrayed as benevolent towards humans, unless they are stories told by plains tribes. Honestly I would recommend by starting off and reading some legends about the Wendigo and the different versions of him told by different tribes such as the Witiko, Giwakwa, Chenoo, Mhwe, Rugaru, Stonecoat, Wechuge, etc. This would give you a broader idea of what powers and abilities he could have and if you do use my idea I would recommend doing the same for the good spirit inside of him.

http://www.native-languages.org/ good place to start off since it gives you the basic idea of each one with a few legends that were told of them.

>>17234666
As for OP I don't know what other tribes say but according to mine you have only three ways of stopping it, either kill it before it turns by making the person being turned drink a pot of boiling grease or killing them before they fully turn. The other way is to bypass it's scream which is said to be so terrifying you freeze in place and find yourself unable to move, afterwards you get close enough to chop it's head off with the blunt end of an axe, after that you bury it between it's legs so it wanders the world searching for it's head forever unable to hurt anybody else.
>>
File: wendigo_guy_davis-176x300.jpg (30KB, 176x300px) Image search: [Google]
wendigo_guy_davis-176x300.jpg
30KB, 176x300px
Also keep in mind the original native version considered it a form of manitou or spiritual evil...a corrupting sin or temptation of sorts. Your character could very easily have the manitou spirit coercing him/her and have quite the internal struggle of trying to resist or redirect this inner demon.
>>
>>17236448
My mistake there are a few stories of a person becoming human after being turned into a wendigo so maybe you could find a way of using one of those stories to allow him to control his hunger.
>>
File: wendigo_by_frigga.png (285KB, 1100x850px) Image search: [Google]
wendigo_by_frigga.png
285KB, 1100x850px
Have some extra inspiration.

These things are a fascination of mine being they are a straight up 'merican monster. Patriotism and all ha-ha.
>>
As far as killing one...fucked if I know man...I recommend you run but first shove your companion! After all you really don't need to outrun the creature...just outrun your buddy!
>>
>>17235333
im sure "unusual" its not the best word for the matter
>>
>>17236415
I'm the dude a few posts ago writing the story about the good wendigo, all this will help alot, Im trying to get as much info and iterpretations of them as possible, this is much appreciated anon
>>
File: wendigo_by_monopteryx-d5zo74l.jpg (111KB, 880x1780px) Image search: [Google]
wendigo_by_monopteryx-d5zo74l.jpg
111KB, 880x1780px
And yes the above poster is correct in that they DO typically gnaw of their own lips and at times tongues.

Look up the case of an Indian named 'Swift Runner' (yes a real person) who was executed after diagnosed with wendigo psychosis. It's a fucking creepy real life tale.

As far as the actual medical psychosis is concerned here's a written description from an early American settler on the matter...

"What caused us greater concern was the intelligence that met us upon entering the Lake, namely, that the men deputed by our Conductor for the purpose of summoning the Nations to the North Sea, and assigning them a rendezvous, where they were to await our coming, had met their death the previous Winter in a very strange manner. Those poor men (according to the report given us) were seized with an ailment unknown to us, but not very unusual among the people we were seeking. They are afflicted with neither lunacy, hypochondria, nor frenzy; but have a combination of all these species of disease, which affects their imaginations and causes them a more than canine hunger. This makes them so ravenous for human flesh that they pounce upon women, children, and even upon men, like veritable werewolves, and devour them voraciously, without being able to appease or glut their appetite -- ever seeking fresh prey, and the more greedily the more they eat. This ailment attacked our deputies; and, as death is the sole remedy among those simple people for checking such acts of murder, they were slain in order to stay the course of their madness."
>>
>>17236448
>>17236453
>>17236454
>>17236459
this is all super helpful, the weskechak is a genius idea actually, frankly i had'nt even thought of an outside presence modifying my Main character to push him into doing good while wielding the powers and still fighting the hunger, that could bring a really interesting dynamic,
>>17236415
also really helped with what Im thinking for the designs. I dont suppose they get to a max build? say theres a 200 year old wendigo, would he basically just be a smaller cloverfield?
>>
>>17236488
No problem its my pleasure..
Just be aware that some of what you're going to run into was VERY REAL shit. Especially to certain northern tribes like the Cree. If you look up the real life stuff associated with this just have a strong stomach (ha-ha) because it can get...nasty.

Also look up 'Jack Fiddler' a real life shaman said to be rather proficient at curing early stage wendigo and putting down the more severe cases.

If you go antlers or wolf styling they can always be collected hides and such, after all cold weather is a theme here. And so is being ostracized. So you can blend styles a bit...
>>
>>17236526
Oh the hides idea is cool too, and well I can handle my gore, Im a sucker for morbid stories to be honest, and the fact this is connected to my story just makes it even more interesting, with that said I'll brace myself. and Jack Fiddler should come in handy too, such a neat thing about wendigos they really due have this... presence in real life thanks to stories and recounts like these fucking psychosis stories you guys are mentioning, its giving me alot of good ideas.
>>
>>17236515
Very late here and my memory is kinda hazy but I think that they don't even have to live long in order to grow very big. I recall one legend where a Witiko turned a village into beavers before swallowing them whole. A Medicine Man found out about this and they got into a fight. Both turned themselves into giants and either they wound up throwing giant clumps of earth at each other and wound up creating the mountains of Alberta or they each took a mountain by the hands and beat the shit out of each other with them using them as clubs, I don't quite recall.

So I guess one could say that their default size changes depending on how powerful they are but they can change their size for certain situations using some of the power they have.
>>
As for the true weaknesses of the wendigo, will an older stronger wendigo be more resistant or less? and how much silver or fire is needed to kill it? will it die to a white ashened bullet if its only shot in the leg? can it be harmed physically by other means?
>>
>>17236546
That depends on which tribe you speak to, every tribe has different versions of the same thing. Personally I would avoid the silver and fire weakness since that shit is in most stories of the werewolf. I would recommend looking up fairly obscure weaknesses told by different tribes to give it an original way of being defeated besides what has been done to death in most media by a more popular version of the concept.
>>
>>17236544
wow so some can get stright up close to kaiju tier? I dunno if I'll make anything like that happen in my book but the size changing is good to know. what makes a stronger wendigo? is it luck of the draw of the spirit? the amount of flesh consumed? or some 3rd party? now this medicine man, he was a wendigo too? so he was fighting on behalf of the village?
>>
>>17236554
I was thinking the same, both of them feel jsut too easy, I want these things to feel like (rightfully so) forces of nature, things that basic humanity has no counter or preparation for
>>
>>17236515
Not that I'm aware of...although 'cloverigo' makes me grin a bit. But your size gains aren't as drastic as you may think...its likely to attack other people in the area who may also be kinda starving... And it's still an active creature so its logically gotta burn something for caloric energy so one could make that help maintain size.

Or you could simply write that it becomes more mucles or bone dense. Be creative.

also...I would imagine though that getting too big would be more hindrance than help honestly as getting too fuck huge would just require more energy to power its mass...its alive after all. Bigger=more size to move=more energy required=more insatiable hunger=more eatin=bigger...so eventually it becomes questionable as to where your tipping point is...from a non folklore and more logical standpoint eventually the monster would be too much to power its own starvation and the situation would 'work itself out' so to speak

If you go this route its something your character might have to manage diligently as overconsumption could grant insane power gains but multiply their problems in the long run. Perhaps your good spirit may help with shedding some size, power and hunger/rage? Or at least make the management process more...errr manageable.
>>
Also some of the southern tribes had some major variations also. You can find stuff that can easily tie in with some skinwalker/goatman lore.
>>
>>17236564
so its a snowball down a hill, the more flesh you eat, the more powerful you become, the bigger you get, meaning you need more flesh to sustain and maintain that power. I'm gonna keep that one in mind, sounds like a good way for my MC to balance how powerful he is, at least once he begins to understand how it works. though i would argue getting to that size wouldn't matter because they are somewhat magical in nature but logically and biologically and physically speaking you've for sure got a point, a giant Wendifield wouldnt be the subtlest thing in a horror story anyways, at least not this one
>>
>>17236555
He found out that a Witiko was nearby and knew that if he didn't do something then it would come to his village and wipe out his people. He wasn't a Witiko himself since he would have become an uncontrollable monster himself after he had turned.

As for what makes a Witiko more or less powerful, I am not entirely sure since most of the time they are generally portrayed as nigh unstoppable until someone of exceptional cunning, courage, or Medicine defeats them.

Oh and here is another idea for your story, maybe you could make the main character know about his culture but was generally dismissive of it thinking it was just superstition. He gets into the crash and he winds up managing to catch an animal, could be anything from a hibernating bear he catches off guard, or even a snow mouse whose burrow he lucked out on finding. He kills this animal and cooks it. This animals has some vague meaning to him causing him to remember back to when he was younger and he was told about what animal his spirit guide was.

His spirit guide just so happens to be the animal he is about to eat. He remembers warned not to consume it but just shrugs it off as ignorant folklore. Well after he takes a bite from it he doubles over in pain thinking that the meat must have been diseased or something before passing out.

When he awakens he finds himself in what looks like an abandoned town but at which point he finds out what happens due to both the spirit of the Wendigo and the benevolent spirit giving him the lowdown.

Another way is that he awakens to the sight of him holding the entrails of an old man, he freaks out and the old man tries to tell him what is going on but dies before giving him a clear idea of it. So then he also has to discover what he has become on his own.
>>
>>17236571
skinwalker definitely seems similar, kind of spin-offs a bit... and I think i get the basic gist of goatman, but even on /x/ I dont often get specific stories outlinging him, what exactly is goatman and what differentiates him from a werewolf/skinwalker/wendigo? is he essentially the goat version of the OP pic?
>>
>>17236555
Oh and I am remembering another story of a hunter who escaped a Witiko by simply outsmarting it long enough for him to get away. He wound up hearing it's scream and in his helpless state the Witiko approached him and noticed his rifle, he asked the hunter what that is and the hunter finding himself able to speak and move told the Witiko that it was his pipe. The Witiko asks for a hit off of it and the hunter obliges him getting the Wtikio to put the barrel into his own mouth and pull the trigger. Didn't do any real damage to the Witiko just causing some black smoke to come out of his head but it dazed him long enough for the hunter to get away.

I am headed for bed real soon but I will post anything else tomorrow or maybe one more thing tonight if this thread stays up.
>>
>>17236578
hmmm I'm not sure if I'll go full spirit animals, but the old man idea I will be sort of fusing with the local medicine woman/ shaman of his native reserve (once he gets home from his hellish crashlanding, eating his father, and the militia) I imagine him going to her, knowing her since childhood and basically she notices it within him and thats when she explains it all to him. the eating part will come into play with those close to him as well as his first is eating his father, and later his brother in a fit of freakish hunger. I'll keep the ideas in mind, maybe make the other spirit speak to him through animals, or comforting sources, whereas the wendigo is a demon in his head. playing into the fact that this is what he is, whereas the other spirit is merely a guide trying to keep him on the righteous path.
>>
>>17236555
A strong wendigo is an insane wendigo. If your looking for a wendigo power level OVER 9000 your lookin at one who just flat out gave in to the hunger completely. And had a village to eat.

A hero wendigo will find himself at a disadvantage against another who has fully given in (taking into consideration your bad wendigo has been able to find food).

Then again he could certainly just play keep away and starve his opponent into the ground...I mean we're talking wendigo here so eating people and being constantly on the verge of starvation is the name of the game.

If all else fails hit it with a fucking mountain!
>>
>>17236555
>>17236578
Adding on to what I posted about the spirit guide angle, I was taught that another way a person also becomes a Witiko if they find out what their spirit animal is and later on they wind up consuming it. So in my case my spirit guide is a black bear so I can never eat black bear meat. The rules are a little liberal though since if your spirit animal is a fully grown male buffalo then you can't eat that type of meat. However eating young or female buffalo meat is considered ok.
>>
>>17236586
not gonna lie that sounded like straight up looney tunes. HOWEVER you've given me a very powerful story device, because now whenever a truly villainous rival wendigo pops up I can make him reason, he's not just a vicious beast, but something self aware that can converse and play with his food (figuratively and literally), something that is not a mindless pile of instinct, but rather a being halfway between human and demon that does this for the pleasure of doing so.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 249x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 249x591px
>>17236580
>>
>>17236591
I seriously want a mountain battle now, but thats far too wacky!

with that said, you can starve a wendigo to death? so its a you lose your mind, you get hungrie, you get stronger, whereas a wendigo like my MC has more of his reason and mind, but has far less power, but has the benefit of outsmarting the beast.
>>
>>17236595
hmmm ok I get the spirit animal angle now... I'll look into the lore, see which ones will work towards the story and which ones I might wanna drop. I do like the idea of the spirit animal, I just dont want to get TOO full of lore with all kinds of spirits and such and the story gets weaker due to exposition, you know?

>>17236599
thanks man
>>
>>17236599
I don't suppose you have a bigger version?
>>
>>17236580
From what I'm aware goatman is a bit trickster. Not particularly evil but gets a kick from fucking with people. A bit curious also. Very magical.

Shapeshifter but some say it cannot completely pull it off...can't hide horns or hooves, or has issues with a proper voice. There's always some giveaway upon a close look.

That sort of thing. Sometimes hard to understand but typically not the killer type. Although nothing is set in stone.
>>
>>17236596
Well there has to be a wacky story to even the worst of monsters every now and then.

>>17236600
I have never heard a story of a Witiko starving to death so...maybe? Could try looking into any stories of someone trapping a Witiko and see if it ended with 'and he starved to death' or 'and he grew so hungry in there he wound up eating himself until there was just a screaming head.'

>>17236604
Oh I totally understand, with stuff like Vampires and Werewolves it is easy and you don't have to explain shit since everybody knows the story. With stuff like the Witiko you have to stop and explain things since not that many people know the story.

Could also just try and pull a Jerry Potts and just break shit down into the most bare bones idea.

Jerry Potts was a highly skilled interpreter who was able to break down the longest and the most complex speeches for each side so they both knew what the other was talking about. Like one time he broke down a three hour long speech into just one sentence.
>>
>>17236613
I may just look him up, or maybe have small profiles like... well I dunno if anyone here has ever read the comic Goners but at the end of each issue there are monster profiles, maybe if I do something like that I won't need to fill the story with exposition but still keep the pieces. and again thats the funny thing, wendigos are more obscure and all but I think they are far scarier and more interesting than werewolves and vamps. not that they dont have their share of interesting stories but... much too mainstream in our day and age to really bring anything new or interesting to the table (in my opinion)
>>
I'm writing a weird creature story myself... I wouldn't get bogged down in details. Approach as if some myth is real and some is just myth...then add some real world logic to make it have sense to the reader.

It's YOUR wendigo. You can even reference the more insane shit as in story exaggerations. Your main character can even gave a good chuckle about it. Your world after all.
>>
File: image.png (734KB, 1024x2429px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
734KB, 1024x2429px
>>17236606
Fuck, sorry. Mobile killed the resolution and I didn't wantbto switch.
>>
>>17236618
fair enough but I want as much info and possibilities as possible, its very much in the brainstorming phase so I just want any and every idea before I begin picking and choosing. what creature are you writing about if you don't mind my asking

>>17236622
no worries m8, that one is much better!
>>
>>17235661
>>17236316
Niggas please, I live in Bulgaria and we have enough of them. They are about as intimidating as a dry dog shit.
>>
>>17236627
writing about a creature that can transfer bodies on touch. its a paranoid one so it kills alot to cover itself. mostly a survivor type with some major trust issues due to its lifestyle. itll take a house or sleep on a park bench if it needs too. steals cash for food ect.

it eventually takes a woman's identity and assumes her life. at this point she attempt a normal life but accidentally get knocked up and accidentally swaps souls with the fetus. due the not knowing if its her own paranoia or if the fetus share its parents ability she kidnaps someone else in order to force a body swap and make the have an abortion in her body so as not to swap bodies with the fetus mid abort and mistakenly kill herself instead.

the victim gets loose in her body and in order to keep its stolen life it has to track her down and her friends who helped her escape. it is once again paranoid so it doesn't want survivors. the story will be interspersed with the creatures only true possession, a journal describing it travels and crimes that it guards ferociously.

It's a ver emotionally crippled being.>>17236627
>>
>>17236628
>Hey man buy these pins, support our romish rights to settle on occupied land and shit up private property while also only making a living through thievery, manipulation, and scamming.

Only Americans like gypsies.
>>
>>17235661
what are they gonna do except shitting in my frontyard?

You americans have no idea about actual gypsies
>>
File: bone zone.png (146KB, 428x375px) Image search: [Google]
bone zone.png
146KB, 428x375px
Take it to the bone zone
>>
>>17234666
Well, honorable ones would stop it theirselves. The most noble would stop it early.
>>
>>17235868
Shut your fucking mouth
>>
>>17234666
You don't

>super fast super strong spiritually warped cannibal

Glad to see people are finally using a proper pic of the Wendigo instead of that retarded 'rake' photo.
>>
>>17235582
I'd read that.
>>
45mm ammo
>>
File: Katana.png (303KB, 1950x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Katana.png
303KB, 1950x1000px
cut of its head or use fire.
bullets are only good to stop them temporarily.
>>
>>17236415
Were you the guy that posted all that wendigo info on /tg/ a week ago?
>>
Sweet the wendigo thread is still up, I was the dude talking about writing the story of the "heroic" wendigo last night

>>17238537
are bullets straight up just a wolverine-esque healing factor type deal? like if you shoot it in the head it'll go down but then the wound will close, it will wake back up and be off again?
>>
I've had a close encounter with one of these things, before I tell about it, here's a bit of background. I have a long lineage of Native American, with the last of the full bloodline being sometime in the 19th century when my great great great whatever grandma married a Mexican man. While it's quite deluded now, my family, espescially my grandparents pay lineage to it(dream catchers in every room, inscense, wards the whole wazoo) My family will still go and visit the reservation and such around certain times of the year, which is a one to three day drive depending on if you stop somewhere to sleep. Any how we have this revolver that's passed on, a 1858 Remington new model army, with crafted silver bullets (made from some dagger that some medicine man used, the hilt broke and some lunatic down the line smelted it into .44 balls.) My grandfather is currently in possession of it. When ever we would head out he would insist on bringing it as a symbol of bringing our ancestors with us or something. Here we go:
>be me
>Still in elementary school
>on some long ass road trip with my grandpa and my brother
>playing Pokemon on my gameboy
>it's hot as balls in the middle of no where
>grandpa is rambling on about stories
>my brother is nodding on, not really paying attention
>it gets dark and we pull off to the side of the road.
>after some walking we find a place with clear ground and set up shop, I share a tent with my brother, grandfather gets his out tent.
>we sit around the campfire for a bit, talking for a bit then going to bed.
>my brother falls asleep first and I'm up with my flashlight rigged so I can see my gameboy, when I feel something, like I'm not alone.
>I call outside, thinking it's my grandpa
>no reply
>this time I say grandpa
>this time I do but it's different
>it sounds like just how it was when he was telling stories.
>I stay put and ask my grandpa what he wants
>again the same reply.
>at this point I shit bricks
>continued
>>
>>17239975
Moar?
>>
>>17239975
>I quietly wake up my brother and explain what's happening in his ear
>he tells me to shut the fuck up and go see what he wants
>swallowing, I very slowly reach to unzip it
>BOOM
>not like a gun shot, more like a cannon
>then I hear what sounds like between a grindcore vocalist and Kellin Quinn raping a cat
>I unzip my flap, my ears are still ringing, and see my grandfather shirtless with the hand cannon in his grip, aiming off into the distance
>I look where he's pointing and see some figure kind of running, more like prancing into the distance, with a red glowing spiderwebish thing like when a window cracks on its back.
>we pack all of our shit and keep going, find some shady ass motel and stay the night there
Apparently the area we stayed in had an old abandoned mineshaft, probably a cave in.
>>
>>17234666
>666
oo000oooohh
White ash. Bullets/arrows dipped it white ash,
I am Presuming that is from the TREE, and not a pile of ash, though I could be wrong. Perhaps is ash, and not tree sap, and it make just be for skin-walkers, again, not 100%....
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.