[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somerton Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Hey, /x/. Let's talk about the Taman Shud case. Any thoughts or theories? Anyone else fascinated by the case?
>>
>>17229618
Never heard of it. Summary of facts pliss?
>>
>>17229618
I bought a copy of the rubayiat because of it. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>17229618
Wasn't he a Soviet spy or something?
>>
>>17229653
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case

>man found slumped against beach wall in South Australia nearly 70 years ago
>has a piece of a page from a book found in his trousers which translates to "the end"
>nobody identifies him
>cause of death unknown, last thing eaten was a pasty
>eventually he is buried and a women is seen putting flowers on his grave
>opens up the possibility that he was a spy and was poisoned
>no one to this day has identified him and no one was apprehended

There's a bunch I'm missing but that should do.
>>
>>17229781
Nobody thought to trail the woman? Already I'm suspecting shenanigans.
>>
Eh, I live in the next suburb over and the general consensus here is it was just this dude who knocked himself off and this lady knew who he was but denied it because they had an illegitimate kid and she was married.

And they're all dead so we'll never know.
>>
>>17229618
open and shut, he was a Soviet agent sent to spy on the British nuclear and rocket testing that was happening in SA back then at woomera. they were all overt the place before the formation of ASIS.
>>
>>17229821
They did talk to her but I can't remember exactly what she said. She was a nurse and likely didn't say everything she actually knew. I believe she died in 2007 and her family said that she may have had a son with the man.
>>
>>17229858
That's cool that you live so close, I live in the US and wasn't sure how aware the public was of the case over there.
>>
File: 2015-11-30 (2).png (1MB, 1150x648px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-30 (2).png
1MB, 1150x648px
https://youtu.be/UDVK9keWQzc
>>
>>17229781
can't they just unbury him and check what was the real reason of his death
>>
File: 2016-01-17 20.32.28.jpg (163KB, 430x515px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-17 20.32.28.jpg
163KB, 430x515px
>>17229618
I've been to his grave in Adelaide.
>Pic related.
>>
The thing is does the woman putting flowers on his grave actually know him? It's kind of a thing here to put flowers on the graves of people who don't "have anybody to mourn them." It's mostly funeral/graveyard staff or obit lurkers who do it.

Personally, I think it's just a suicide.
>>
>some random nobody dies of an aneurysm on the beach after work
>nobody identifies him because sometimes that's how people are and life is
>cops are incompetent as fuck about it, investigation done sloppily and lazily
>all forensic and postmortem investigation is equally as lazy because they weren't murdered
>babby's first John Doe
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.