[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to Tennessee soon, anyone know of any good spoops or haunts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: tennesseemap.gif (426KB, 717x536px) Image search: [Google]
tennesseemap.gif
426KB, 717x536px
Moving to Tennessee soon, anyone know of any good spoops or haunts? Maybe abandoned places of interest?
>>
>>17224365
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Witch
Only thing I could think of. Where are you moving? I'm from Memphis
>>
>>17224386
Nashville
>>
>>17224365
Nothing of interest in Tennessee besides barbeque, whiskey, and country music (if that's your thing). Outside of the cities, it's just trees. Lots and lots of trees.

...oh. And southern inbreds.
>>
>>17224365
Theres Voodoo Village around the Memphis area. Not too spooky more of just crazy people.
>>
>>17224607
Very true OP. Can confirm, I live in a burb of Nashville. Only thing spooky that's well known is the Bell Witch.

There's the obvious stuff that changes from place to place, local myths and shit
>>
>>17224365
It's all incest and alcohol. Trust me.

>KY fag
>>
inbreds? sounds like my kind of people.
>>
Urban exploring, if that's your thing.
Plenty of unsafe, abandoned buildings and houses.
Also white trash who can present a very real danger.
t. East Tennessean
>>
>>17224607
Can confirm Trees.......lots of them.

Your alittle late , nashville is dieing / being reborn
>>
>>17224365
If you are ever by East Tennessee in the knoxville area, the UT campus is said to be haunted. It was a civil war battle site.
Millennium Manor in blount county is pretty cool. Said to be haunted by the man who built it, but I lived near it all my life and never saw anything.

Something about a Wampus Cat, some native american thing. That is all I have.

There are coyotes in the woods here and I have seen one on UT campus running across traffic.
>>
Back in the 90's you could get away with exploring the area around the Oak Ridge National Labs. Best thing I ever saw out there were three barrels marked radioactive surrounded by a 6' razor wire fence, then a secondary 9' fence, and a tertiary 6' fence with more razor wire. Just... these three barrels in a tiny fenced in area out in the woods.

(They tried to drain one of the radioactive lakes to clean it, but the more water they pumped out, the higher the levels spiked, so they just dumped the water back into it. That's the kind of thinkers we've got working out here...)

I wouldn't recommend exploring out there now; ever since that old nun chucked blood or paint on the labs they've stepped up security.

East TN is very pretty and a great place to get /out/, but there's not much in the way of spoopy. Lemme know if you're around Knox and find something you want to explore, I'll tag along.
>>
Chattanooga, specifically Lookout Mtn. Look up the eagles nest and the American spiritualism society. Covenant College has a now sealed underground tunnel network used via Al Capone related crime networks. Theres also Pidgeon Mtn train tunnel and Raccoon Mountain, a mountain top reservoir surrounded by forests, switch yards and a lot of radiation sensors scattered all around said forests for some reason. Theres also Underground Chattanooga, which if you know the right places or people is very accessible. Watch out for hoboos.
>>
File: ol-green-eyes-luke-weaver.jpg (264KB, 578x932px) Image search: [Google]
ol-green-eyes-luke-weaver.jpg
264KB, 578x932px
there are bunches of places
one of the better ones is actually the Chickamauga Battlefield in north Georgia a little south of Chattanooga. Thousands of people died there in the civil war and there are multiple spooks all over the site including a green-eyed humanoid monster thing, lots of glowing shit, sounds of phantom gunshots and moaning soldiers, etc.
>>
>>17224365
Memphis has a lot of spooks OP.
>>
File: 20121018_151043.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20121018_151043.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
I used to work in a haunted movie theater in Knoxville. I never believed or gave a shit about Ghosts until I worked there. Me and fellow workers heard voices (I heard a woman, another guy heard childre), seen stuff (doors slamming in front of peoples faces), and stuff moved (toilets flushed, ect...). I'm still not sure if it was
it was malicious or a trickster (some girl claimed she got her hair pulled). It was a weird ass experience. It still happens, I'm not sure how many customers had experiences.

I've only lived in Knoxville and I've only heard about a few places. Bell witch is by far the most famous.

Don't listen to these retards in this thread talking shit about Tennessee, it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever lived. I also understand the irony of me posting a picture of a tree.
>>
>>17224611
Sounds interesting, what's it called?
>>
>>17224755
present a very real danger? any class of people can do that...
>>
>>17225342
sweet, will do!
>>
>>17227452
I'll be keeping my eye out for a TN spoopy exploration thread; don't disappoint me anon!
>>
>>17227553
Well, I will need time to settle once I move.
But I really want to do some spoopy shit so
>>
File: 1451334565103.jpg (481KB, 2758x1822px) Image search: [Google]
1451334565103.jpg
481KB, 2758x1822px
>>17224365

>giving Kentucky clay to shitty Missouri
>>
I'm in the Austin area of Tx any of u guys got any urban legends or spooky shit to go to?
>>
>>17228228
make your own thread, faggot.
>>
>>17224365
Tenneseefag Reporting in.
Bell Witch cave is interesting.
>>
Lot of UFO sightings near the Appalachian mountains outside Knoxville.

Used to live out there, and everyone treated the lights like they were nothing. Just so used to them. As long as you have a good view of the mountains, keep an eye out and you should see them.

Specifically near Knoxville's view though, that's the only place I lived out there, so I can't say how far the lights go up or down the mountain range.
>>
Went to the orpheum today and remembered it was haunted
>>
>>17224365
Where in Tennessee? I live near the Memphis area.
>>
>>17229463
He said Nashville. I'm in Memphis. Where are you
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.