[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Natural Hallucinations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: feeel.png (238KB, 790x476px) Image search: [Google]
feeel.png
238KB, 790x476px
How would I go about this?
I would like to experience hallucinations, just for the experience.
Drugs are out of the question.
>>
Lack of sleep and the Ganzfeld experiment.
>>
>>17219740
Have you had any experiences with either of these methods?
If so, how effective were they?
>>
>>17219740
Lack of sleep more than 30 hours makes me see shadow people.
>>
Go into a pitch black room. Stay there for a long time, don't sleep.
>>
>>17219750
At the moment with my current living situation, I am unable to do so.
But the lack of sleep is something I will give a try.
>>
Any other methods or experiences anyone would like to share?
>>
>>17219735
ganzfeld effect is your best/easiest bet without drugs
>>
>>17219776
So, just ping pong balls, a red light and static in headphones?
>>
>>17219743
Ganzfeld works well
If you're familiar with meditative mindsets it helps
You don't need ping pong balls, just a lack of light (sensory deprivation in general)
Static isn't required either, but it helps to have something to listen to that doesn't have any concrete concepts you can latch onto (like lyrics)
Keep your ears distracted but don't let them distract you. Keep your thoughts distracted but don't let them distract you. Etc.
If you do it right you'll fall into a hypnotic trance-like state where your thoughts will begin to open up and reveal themselves as a range of sensory expression instead of just vague feelings or language. If you concentrate you can "open up" these sensory fragments of thoughts (vague, I know) and find yourself in entire, sensory-integrated worlds.

It might just be me I don't know, but it was pretty easy for me to do when I did it right.

Also doubt is killer. If you think it's stupid, if you think it won't work, if you think it's hard, it will be all of the above.
>>
>>17219799
Thank you so much, I would love to give this a try.
This is the reply I was hoping for, Anon.
Many thanks.
>>
>>17219735
if you're just looking for some spooky thrills, all you need to do is stay awake for a couple days.

if you are looking for more a more spiritual vision experience that might actually help you, look into shamanic journeying and drumming/ audio driving.
>>
File: 1443466856210.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1443466856210.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
A guy trained me to do this once.

He used to pay me to meditate quietly with him every night. While we did it, he would describe the trippiest hallucinations. My eyes would glaze over, roll back slightly, and I would start hallucinating, too. I'm talking about the kind of open-eye hallucinations I've only ever gotten from taking nice doses of pure THC. Anyway, after about half an hour or so, his alarm would go off and snap us both out of it.

I would still sometimes hallucinate for a few seconds after it stopped, though, and I felt jumpy and sensitive for several minutes after. My girlfriend tried to talk to me after such an experience and I screamed uncontrollably until she managed to calm me down.

One night, after a few months of this, he confronted me about what I was doing. He asked me if I was, well, trying to sleep while he talked to me. I said no, I had been having visions, just like him. He responded that he hadn't been having visions. He had just been speaking the thoughts that popped in while he meditated. He noticed I seemed dazed, though.

I felt sick. I used that as an excuse to take a break. In the end, I never meditated with him again.

I'm still not sure how it worked. I guess what he was actually doing was relaxing me enough that I could enter stage 1 sleep, and motivating me to keep my eyes open during it.
>>
>>17219748
I used to stay up for 3 days at a time in college -- the hallucinations were worth it.
>>
>>17219735
this might fall under "drugs," but if you eat a tablespoon of common household nutmeg you'll hallucinate as if it were shrooms (or so I've heard). Look it up first though, and see the correct dosage, because you can die from nutmeg poisoning, and also you'll probably get some diarrhea and vomiting if you do the correct dosage
>>
Just cross over
>>
>>17219933

Could you describe some? Ive heard sleep-deprived hallucinations are frightenly real.

Ive had minor CEV (closed-eye-visuals) in deep states of meditation. After sitting for about 22 minutes I will feel a pressure in the middle of my brow where the third eye is and I will 'see' a color expanding and then collapsing on itself, usually a dark purple color.

They say there are actually remants of an 'eye' in our head, with rods and cons. Perhaps during meditation one could switch these 'on' and see through this eye
>>
How do sleep deprivation hallucinations compare to drug-induced?

Is the aftermath of such long time awake hard to come by?
>>
>>17219735
Use OTC drugs if your worried about trouble.
Dxm or dph. Or just lack of sleep.
>>
>>17219753
>But the lack of sleep is something I will give a try.

Don't actually do it anon, not sleeping is terrible for your entire body.
>>
Sleep deprived hallucinations are really dangerous (beyond the context of 4channery)

Drug induced are fine as they wear off and the drugs help immobilize your body so you don't do anything too crazy.
Sleep deprivation forces your body to fight its natural state to want to sleep and it can make you do some serious stuff... You may think now "Pft! Who would drive/cook why RHIS sleep deprived?!" But sleep deprived brain would see it as a way to stay awake.

In this instance, drugs are the safest choice.
>>
>>17219735
Hi OP.
I'm not really from /x/, but I have found that auditory hallucinations are quite simple to induce, and in some cases physical sensations can occur as well.
Just relax somewhere away from where people can distract you, and think about your memories.
Remember conversations that didn't illicit any real reaction at the time, and just replay them for a while. Try to recall some details. The key here is to not get too emotional, unless you start feeling a strange need to be emotional.
Recall particularly striking physical sensations, like a time you rubbed your hand over piece of wood, or walked across some leaves in fall.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>17219753
0/10 would not recommend.

I went three days with no food or sleep, and minimal water and all I got was horrible auditory hallucinations (the sound of my dead dog barking, then doggy screaming) and a sense of impending doom.

Not the way to enjoy a hallucination.
>>
>>17219926
damn...
>>
Thank you for all the responses and insight.
Lack of sleep is something I'll avoid.
The experiment and meditation will be more suitable for me.
>>
And I will also post results in a day or two.
>>
>>17220374
>>17220446

>day or two

If you want to reach the deepest levels of meditation you will have to make it a daily practice.

Dont worry, after a few days you will begin to hear the call
>>
>>17219735
I've done a little experimenting with sensory deprivation. It sounds a little weird but if you put in headphones playing static, cover your eyes with ping pong ball halves and bathe yourself in red light, some odd sensory stuff starts happening, kind of like hallucinations. I get freaked out after a couple minutes so I can't keep it up, but it is worth a try.
>>
File: 1409974264113.jpg (66KB, 499x700px) Image search: [Google]
1409974264113.jpg
66KB, 499x700px
>>17219735
i apologize for the length of this post but i just felt like typing this, hope it helps someone.

when i was fifteen or so, i was drug and drink free, probably because i was lonely and friendless. i wasn't a master meditator and my chakras sure as heck weren't clear. i mention this because i think that certain disciplines do indeed foster a penchant for weird experiences but all you need for real is the right here/right now focus

anyways like i said, i was a depressed loser and i was feeling generally suicidal. had been at church camp the week before. it was really emotionally charged and it had gotten me into the habit of meditating and praying at least once a day. i still don't know how to answer the question of belief in god but suffice it to say i think we get out of life what we put into it. so after that week i was up late kneeling on my bed, really just out of pure frustration i started praying to god, like really praying, a little self conscious at first but then it became no holds barred word vomit. it was thundering outside, pretty bad storm and it kind of egged me on. just sort of poured my heart out and eventually just kept repeating the singular question, is my life worth anything? over and over and over
>>
File: 1408539097401.jpg (217KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1408539097401.jpg
217KB, 512x512px
>>>>17219735

and i think just the sheer force of repetition maybe encouraged some benevolent unlocked potential to take pity on my sorry ass and before you know it i was honest to god fucking flying through space. i was no longer me, no longer thinking like myself, no longer had a discernable body, i was fucking flying through space observing planets and stars and probably the thing i remember with utmost pleasure is the sounds the planets made as they moved, their movements were synonymous with choruses of what i would most succinctly describe as angels. a very literal music of the spheres. it seemed as much like the sounds existed first and the whole of outer space was a responding emanation. i struggle to describe it because it sounds like such stoney baloney but that's how it went down. i also experienced a breath, an inhalation and exhalation with everything on earth. i had the sensation that all living and seemingly unliving things [like grains of stand] all breathed simultaneously. it was the most satisfying breath of life. i was every blade of grass at once. i don't remember much between that and then being very abruptly back on my bed kneeling in my blue sleep robe sobbing uncontrollably. very strange to be back in a body with an identity. like i had donned a mask and costume for a production. had a dream that night where my mother was possessed by a demon, and told me the day the world would end. (but not the year?) i saw cities burn, whole nine yards. it sucked. with every high a low i guess. haha.
>>
File: flammarion (1).jpg (118KB, 576x482px) Image search: [Google]
flammarion (1).jpg
118KB, 576x482px
>>17220682
>>17219735

all that to say, there's a lot of interesting literature saying that chanting mantras in sanskrit and whatnot can stimulate areas of the brain, which might in turn lead to this kind of thing. i think languages have power of their own but i would suggest semi regular meditation/prayer and adopting a mantra - and i am of the opinion now that the language itself doesn't really matter as long as you mean what you repeat.

i use the mantra - i love you, i'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you. look into it, or just try it, it's easy to remember. i have indeed had experiences while repeating it. they were pleasurable. when people want to lose weight, diet and exercise - boring but it works. when you want to experience mystical universe stuff, meditate and mantra. and exercise doesn't hurt. but it's so stupidly simple that it gets overlooked . . . sometimes i think we just get thrown cosmic cookies like above experiences to encourage our efforts so we don't give up before we begin. drugs are fun but even so none of my trips compared to that prayer on the bed. and i wasn't even looking for it, really. i think just develop a habit and peacefully know that your efforts will undoubtedly lead to results - all while not really expecting [lusting for results] anything from yourself at all. just be patient with yourself. the faculties are innate, as are your ability to access these experiences. just explore yourself, be patient. yadda yadda i wish you the best.
>>
>>17219735
It's been said but I can tell you from experience that micronaps can be fucking awesome. Just make sure you're safe when you do it.
>>
File: IMG_20160115_021515.jpg (354KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160115_021515.jpg
354KB, 1600x1200px
How long is this shit supposed to take? Couldn't find ping pong balls so I bullshitted some paper lenses for my welding goggles and I'm gonna stare at a red lava lamp while listeing to rain sounds on my phone.
>>
>>17221537
And no, I'm not the ghost of Ryan Dunn.
>>
>>17220664
>>17220682
>>17220709

Yeah wow you did it. The kind of projection you experienced is described my mystics from many sects. In the Bhagavad Gita, for instance, there is a verse in which instructions are given to "place the mind between the eyebrows and chant aum" to appear in space with your spirit body. Similar things in buddhist and taoist traditions also. Hermes Trismegistus is another who describes interstellar travel in the spirit body. Maybe you have some sort of natural affinity for this?

It was cool to read anyway.
>>
>>17221544
shut up fag
>>
>>17219735
Aight Op, you wanna hallucinate. So here's what you do, don't drink water for a whole day and exsert yourself. Sweat as much as possible and keep not drinking water, or anything for that matter, and just vo for a walk. On the third day drink water, but more then likely you'll hallucinate on the end of the 2nd day to the begining of the third up untill you start hydrating again.
>>
File: kjjlkjl.jpg (22KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
kjjlkjl.jpg
22KB, 300x168px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVgOLWVYytM
>>
>>17221641
Good way to end up in the hospital.
>>
I've heard of people able to cause themselves to hallucinate long after taking psychedelic drugs, but I doubt this applies. Try staring at static on a tv with the white noise up high, worked for me before.
>>
>>17222200
I've also heard voices from a staticy guitar amp before.
>>
>>17221537
try some iDoser too. It helps
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.